• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By brsdr
      Inspired by others 'project threads' - and with a return to face-to-face gaming on the horizon - I thought I'd start my own thread of minis I'm painting for WOTC's Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden (D&D 5e).

If nothing else this will help to keep me focused on the relevant bits of my unpainted pile, despite all the Bones V calling out to me 🙂

Feedback welcome - with the caveat that I'm an average painter at best, and aiming for table use not display!

Anyone planning on playing this campaign might not want to read further; the minis will inevitably spoil some of the encounters.

To start off, I've lined up the following:

Grimtalon the Roc (Reaper 77946)
      Frost Giant Skeleton (Gale Force 9 71127)
      Kings of War: Northern Alliance Clansmen (Mantic Games MGKWL301) 
      Frost Shaman Boudi (Hasselfree HFH187) 
      Frost Mage Matthias (Hasselfree HFH199)
      Semira Marise (Hasselfree HFX023)
      Polar Bear (WizKids DeepCuts WZK73727-W9)

Hoping to get cracking this weekend. There's also a dragon on the way, and maybe a few others...

• By Metalchaos
      Happy New Year's Eve everyone. To end the year with a little snow, I completed this base today. I had painted the Yeti two years ago, and he was only lacking a thematic basis. This is the Bones version of 77434, Yeti Chieftain sculpted by Jason Wiebe. The artificial snow is BF4103 from Army Painter Battlefields. The icicles were made with pieces of translucent plastic and gloss Mod Podge.

• By planetmut
      Sid's T-shirt was going to have a Union Jack on it, until my one sensible brain cell burst out laughing at the idea that I could freehand it. So he's got the Rock Against Racism star on his shirt and the anarchy symbol on the back of his jacket. I was stuck for a colour for his Gibson Flying V until I spotted my never-before-used pot of Army Painter Jungle Green, and it's perfect. He also has a fantastically expressive face. I thoroughly enjoyed painting Sid.

• By paedia
      I finished one of my favorite figures from the original Bones Kickstarter: Trista, the White Wolf. Patrick Keith is one of my favorite sculptors and he did a great job with her - especially with her realistic proportions and armor. I wasn't digging the original sword, so I swapped it out using the weapon sprue from Bones 3.

I bunch of thanks to all of the forum members who gave great encouragement and suggestions in my WIP thread.

• By Pochi
      I somehow forgot to post this guy when I finished him last year. I painted him shortly after I finished his queenly counterpart. I had some issues with the ice on the base so it didn't turn out exactly as I hoped but it's ok. Painting these big guys is sure a whole different experience to painting the "normal" sized minis.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)