Jump to content

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Chris Palmer
      While I love the Mossbeard Treeman figure from the Bones 4 Kickstarter, it always bothered me a little that his arms, as sculpted, grew from narrower at the shoulder to thicker at the wrist.  This just looked unnatural to me since both branches and arms tend to grow from thicker at the shoulders to thinner near the ends.
       

       
      So this week I began working n revering his arms, so they would connect to his body in a more natural, to my eye, arrangement.
       
      I began by slicing off the existing  external connector pegs.  This was made easier by soaking them in boiling water for 30-40 seconds (As Ed Pugh suggested to do with the Chicken Hut legs on a recent Reaper Live), after which it was a breeze to slice right through them.
       

       
       
      Test fitting.
       

       
      I then glued the pegs I had cut off back into the holes they were intended to go into to full those holes.  After the glue was set, I drilled some holes in the shoulder connections to peg them with sections of doweling.  After that, I glued the hands to the new wrist joints.  
       
      My next step is to blend the hands to the wrists  with some greenstuff, and then I'll glue the arms in place.

    • By Chris Palmer
      I was excited to get the Stygian Barge Add-On from the recent Bones 4 Kickstarter, and I was not disappointed in the model when it arrived.  It is a truly beautiful and big ship.    However, I didn't necessarily want to use the barge in all its Stygian glory; it looked more like a Necromancer's yacht than anything else.  I wanted more of a plain everyday working barge.  I figured a plain barge would have much more game use than one specifically decked out in death-related motifs.  So, the first thing I set about doing was looking over the pieces to see just what removing all the skulls, etc. would involve.  With a little effort it seems like it just might work.
       
      The main conversions were to lay a wood deck over the bone-strewn central deck, remove the decorative skeletons on the awning posts, and the vertebrate from the main roof beam.  I also discarded the skeletal mermaid figurehead, and trimmed off most of the other decorative skulls.
        For the full conversion article, please see my blog: De-Necro-ing the Stygian Barge
       
       




    • By waska
      Is there a conversion chart somewhere or a list of colors for the HD lines and how they map to the 'new' Bones HD line replacement? I am trying to compare colors and all charts online utilize the HD line and not sure how I can tie in the HD line with the Bones HD lines which I have.
       
      This is the conversion chart I am using and as you can see there is only the HD line. So trying to figure out which of the Bones HD to substitute in.
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xl-x9eW3bLw5eqDeNUG2JUwn2EZwn34TDKfNIg5uul4/edit#gid=8
       
      Thanks all for your input.
       
      Reaper Bones: 

       
      HD Set 1:

       
      HD Set 2:

       
      HD Set 3:

       

    • By Thrym
      Once again my buddy with the minotaur character fixation asked me to find a minotaur for him that I can convert into a monk.  Given that most are armed and armored ... I understood his dilemma. 
       
      Thrym's Table presents:
       
      Spellcrow Minotaur as
      Minotaur Monk
       

      Original marketing image; copyright Spellcrow Miniatures.
       
      The first things that had to go were the axes.  The hands were attached to axes on a separate sprue and made it easy to remove them.  Next I drilled out the old handle and cleaned up the pins to the wrists.
       
      Fairly easy so far.  I did it during game night while playing Talisman.  I was the Sprite.
       
      Next I pared back the horns to create a pin and to create a better profile.  The stock horns seemed a bit out of proportion to him.  When I got home my original plan was to place pieces of mini cable ties to create a Karnak look for his fists.  The cable tie I started with worked to a point but wouldn't lay flat enough to his hand.  So time for idea #2, wire.  
       

      As you can see, Karnak has bands around his hands.
       
      That worked well.  That gave me the idea for a necklace or medallion swinging away from him.
       
      Here he is...

       
      Enjoy and stay tuned.  
    • By Loim
      I started this conversion a loooong time ago for a friend who needed a dorf with an axe, and I did not at the time have a dorf with an axe. I was never quite happy with it, and the game died quickly. I forgot all about this little guy until recently, and I decided to finish him, and queue him up for the paints. I initially started with a clay weapon sculpt, but while I was fiddling with it it broke. In a fit of rage I cut a piece of aluminum stock and after a few hours of shaping we got here. I did a bit more shaping after this photo, and I plan on doing a bit of Apoxie Sculpt to blend in where the old weapon was cut away. For the surgery I used a #11 Scalpel. All the shaping was done with a #8 Double Cut Mill Bastard and diamond files. 

  • Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 296 Guests (See full list)

×