Sign in to follow this  
Rapheal

Pathfinder Society at ReaperCon

My son and I will be interested in playing as many pathfinder games as possible during the Con. There are not many listed on the official schedule though...are there plans for more pickup games during the day?

I have been assured that the PFS schedule will be in my hands for inclusion on the website in a few days.

OK, the events we will be running are on the calender at paizo's Pathfinder Society events.  Look for ReaperCon and you will see them.  We are hoping this week to have the full listings up on the web page.

• Like 1

Looks like the games schedule is up. Thank you! So if we were trying to volunteer to run a PFS session at some point during the convention, what is the correct procedure to do that at this point?

Just an update, the schedule is up but remember its subject to tweaking if need be.  We will also be getting Boons again this year like last year.  We will still have a few gm spots if you wish to run or help out.  This would also help you get a GM boon cert.  I think we may even have our own ribbons, been working for that as well.  We will set up an HQ area like we did last year to assist players and GM's alike.  If you have any questions let me know.

• Like 1

Looks like I'm going to be running Silver Mount Collection on Table 5, Thursday at 7:00. It should be awesome! You should sign up for it.

Silver Mount Collection looks like it can be a more challenging scenario, so don't expect a cakewalk.

I don't have any other 5-hour blocks of time free so that might almost be it for me, but I'm asking about running some of the Silverhex Chronicles* quests individually in 1-hour blocks in my spare time. They're a series of 6 loosely-connected 1-hour quests you play with pregens; the more you play, the better your ensuing chronicle sheet is, but the point is really that you get to play a 1-hour game of Pathfinder,  Is that something you folks might be interested in?

*the link is to a free thing so I think it's okay, mods, but please let me know or remove the link if it's not.

• Like 1

How about new players who are sure of the class? Do you have to play with pregens?

Edited by goblu79

How about new players who are sure of the class? Do you have to play with pregens?

Silverhex Chronicles was written to introduce brand new players to Pathfinder (experienced players can have fun with it). It is a series of six 1-hour quests playable in any order for level 1 pregens. You can use the credit you get from the quests on a level 1 character. You get greater benefits if you play all the quests before using the credit on a level 1 character.

If you have a character built and don't want to play a pregen, you will want to play any scenarios marked level 1-2 or level 1-5. This is marked at the bottom of the description as (1-2) or (1-5). The level 1-2 scenerio, The Wounded Wisp, is intended to introduce people to the setting, but there are no problems diving right in. Glancing at what is offered, I've played over half of them and the Scions of the Sky Key part 2 is my favorite of the lot.

Rapheal

Can you add the following games to the list on Paizo?

We Be Goblins 1 & 2

Risen from the Sands

Slave Master's Mirror

thanks!

goblu79,

Pathfinder Society is just organized play for Pathfinder.  If your familar with it you will do fine, just a couple  or rule tweaks.

Hey should I read over anything before coming? Never played Pathfinder, but I have a few of the books and the Pathfined Society pamphlet. I'm down for one of the We Be Goblins sessions but I'm open to other sessions as well, schedule depending...

Hey there! If you're familiar with other 3.x games, you'll be generally familiar with Pathfinder. You shouldn't need to bring anything--except maybe dice, but if you're in a game with FireElemental and I, we've got spares of those. We'll also have pregenerated characters ready, so you won't need to create a character.

If you'd like to do any advance preparation, though, you certainly can!

• You can read up on some of the basic rules... the Pathfinder rules are all available online for free, and other folks have made very good searchable references also.
  • You can sign up ahead of time for Pathfinder Society, so if you're playing in a Pathfinder Society game you can get credit and start building characters. (There should be IDs available at the con, but it's even easier if you sign up beforehand.)
  • You can also create a character and bring it with you! Pathfinder Society characters start at level 1 and can play in most 1-5 scenarios. Some scenarios, like We Be Goblins, are just played with pregenerated goblins so you can't use your own character, though.