Meet the Girls - Great Game Huntress

That knee is bizarre.  Your paint job, on the other hand, is awesome.  I've never been able to pull off stripes without it looking like a four year old terribly messing up a color by numbers book.  Skin tones are great, color choices are superb, and the base is dramatic, but doesn't draw attention away from the figure.  Very well done.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments!

Yeah, her right leg is at a bit of an odd angle, but it's how she was sculpted and I wouldn't know where to start on changing it.

That knee is bizarre.  Your paint job, on the other hand, is awesome.  I've never been able to pull off stripes without it looking like a four year old terribly messing up a color by numbers book.  Skin tones are great, color choices are superb, and the base is dramatic, but doesn't draw attention away from the figure.  Very well done.

The stripes of her outfit were sculpted in, makes things a lot easier!

The paint job on the model looks great. I can't help but feel like the base is a bit over the top. What was your thought process for it? Maybe it's just the viewing angles that are throwing me off a bit for it. 

The base is meant to represent an outdoor archery range.

I was looking for a way to use the naked serving boy mini that comes with the Huntress, so he became a statue/crossbow rest. Then I got the idea to make an archery range but I don't have the display space for dioramas, so I was trying to find a way to get my idea across in a much smaller space.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Separating a bee from its honey is always a risky prospect, but especially when they are giant, man-eating Titan Bees.
      However, when smeared with a concoction made with the pulped remains of it's larva, a person is temporarily rendered virtually invisible to the Bees. And so the Bug Thief started a thriving business stealing bee babies to make into potions, but how did she survive going into the hive in the first place? That's a mystery to be solved another day.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, her bee striped fur thingy didn't come out like I hoped (and she's stuck with rather wonky eyes) but I think she ended up looking fairly decent overall.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Inarah
      This is a Patrick Keith sculpt  from the Warlord range and I have loved it since it came out years ago.  She would be a really cool player character, I don't know why we don't see her more often.  Great dynamic movement with this one.  Anyway, I threw some color on her, so maybe she'll end up on the table one day. 

• By bblythe84
      I painted her up as a fun project. Let me know what you think. 

I am trying to improve my painting abilities.

The purple marking on her thigh was supposed to be a skull tattoo, it didn't really work as well as I had hoped.

• By aku-chan
      While the title may sound like a part of a weird children's book series, it's actually a trio of Kingdom Death Pin-ups!

The Bug Thief, her right arm goes across her face so I've left it off for now.

The Swamp Girl. I have to paint her base, paint her and then sandwich the clear bit in between without making a mess.

The Dogpole Mother, the hard part will be painting the Dogpoles so that they actually look like something!

Starting with the Bug Thief:-

Painted her face and boobs (Rosy Flesh > Flesh Wash > Rosy Flesh > Rosy Flesh/Light Flesh), added a touch of Scarlett Red to the final highlight for her lips and painted her eyes (The left one is a bit buggy, but I'm hoping it'll look better once I paint her hair).
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)