I love the bright, bright colors. She looks like a circus person with a secret sorrow.

If I were painting this figure, I would take a muted transparent dark blue and glaze in some gentle shadows in the wrinkles of her garments and where one garment overlaps another.

• Like 2

I like all the colors! Only comment is to watch your lines, your pink kind of flowed into your orange. Maybe hit your paintbrush on your napkin before putting it to the mini. Keep up the good work!

I see that after I posted the pictures...   curse that camera...  I will be taking the feedback from the group and adjusting a few things including not thinning my paint so much that it bled over to the skirt

Your style is very different than mine And so its hard for me to comment, i would like to see deeper shadows and more definition between parts of the mini.

I love the bright, bright colors. She looks like a circus person with a secret sorrow.

If I were painting this figure, I would take a muted transparent dark blue and glaze in some gentle shadows in the wrinkles of her garments and where one garment overlaps another.

Dontfear/pingo

I agree... One of my earlier attempts had the dark shadow which I then proceed to wash out as I built up the new colors.   I think pingo is right and I will try to bring back the sahdows using a dark blue glaze after cleaning up some of my lines

The colors definitely make me think of the original artwork, but I'd love to see some freehand patterns!!

I have not tried freehand yet but I might attempt some on my next mini. Preferably something with less wrinkles and maybe a bit more forgiving.

• Like 2

Very nice, I like her bright colors! One more suggestion, to add definition to her eyes add a thin line of the darkest skin tone or a dark brown. The technique can be found here http://www.reapermini.com/Thecraft/12

The tutorial calls for doing that before painting the rest of the face, but with a steady hand you should be able to get the line on there.

She is loverly. Well done

• Like 2

That's a nice colorful mini Robinh.

Since everyone else has focused on painting, I'll make one quick little suggestion on the preparation.  The uppermost point of her weapon appears to have a bulge on the side, and the outermost point appears to have impacted something.  A few minutes with a hobby knife or file can give your weapons a nice clean edge, and you can add battle damage if you want.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.