Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
My Secret Sophie arrived at its destination i can share with everyone. My recipient wanted something cute. I thought it would be cute to have a man feeding his pet. Just because his pet happens to be a rust weevil should not be held against him.
I saw the barbarian and it looked like he was throwing the swords rather than. Actually using them to hit anything. I also had a spare rust weevil and the whole thing just came together.
Roger got the old swords out of the box from his adventuring days. It had been a while since he'd been out to the dungeons but at the rate George was going through weapons, he was either going to need to buy a new crate or go delving. Maybe this time he'd just buy a box of old weapons, let the younger kids go fight the baddies. These two look okay. He grabs the weapons and heads out to the field. When he reached the edge of the field he looks out over the fine red and tan soil and dust. HEY GEORGE! He yells out over the field. In moments George shows up jumping and chittering. "Hey George" he says again, "its dinnertime! FETCH!"
Needed a bunch of ghoul types so grabbed a bunch or bones ghasts - and added in one of the bones IV ghouls. Not sure how I feel about the ghasts, I turned out kind of not liking them and regretting the purpleish color. An relearning I should never paint groups larger than 3 - I don't have the attention span....
The grey themed bones iv ghoul made me smile though -
quick paints for a graveyard scene. Tried adding some grey mud to the brown.
Look at this cute fellow! But don't look directly at his eyes. Too late? Uh-oh, I'm sorry if you just turned to stone.
Anyway ... this is the Basilisk, #77371 in Bones.
The color scheme is inspired by the iridescent plumage of a bird, the White-faced Ibis (Plegadis chihi). My folders of saved wildlife references include a photo of an ibis whose wing has golden, green, and orangey-pink metallic tones, and its head is more purplish-pink.
I clipped away part of the integral base and built up this rocky base with putty.
I added bits of two metal figures as the basilisk's petrified victims: the head is one of the 3 options for the Death Warden (Dark Heaven 03083), and the leg is from my Dwarf Shieldmaiden (Warlord 14379). I imagine that the basilisk ate the rest of those 'statues' and left these for later snacking.
The grass is a preformed "Winter Tuft" product (dull yellow-green and black) with painted highlights, and the leaves are dried oregano, fully painted.
I had used this basilisk as a demonstration figure at ReaperCon 2019 ... or maybe 2018 ... in my "Painting Fur, Feathers, and Scales" class.
It was all dark green, with just the front right shoulder area painted with highlights simulating smooth shiny scales.
It sat on my shelf since then. I wanted to paint something small and relatively simple, so I mentally kicked around a few color schemes without conclusion until I rediscovered the image of the ibis last week.
I spent a couple of hours wet-blending the colors, and then a few more hours glazing and stippling, shifting the scales green and pink and purple and yellow-ocher and orange, etc.
After assembling the Graveyard Golem I decided I wanted to adjust the warp of the gates on the golem's back.
So using two copper staples, I shaped them to an arch and gouged a notch on each wing. Then cut the staple to leave a sharp point. After that, I insert the staple using pliers and force.
Next I will secure the wire to the gate posts with superglue and then shape the wire and wing to the desired warp. Once setup I will glue the wire to the remaining gate bars.
With the main new bars secured, I will intertwine some floral wire to dress up the bars and gate wings.
Stay tuned and Enjoy. Please stay safe.
This one was done for Season 2 of the Vancouver Miniature Painting Club. It is Jexx the Small Bomba by Big Child Creatives. He's a 75mm scale figure, but he's smaller as a little goblin, perhaps 40mm in height total.
Most folks got a good cast of the goblin. Mine was terrible. Ear was chipped in two places, and I only found one part to glue back. The ankle had deep cracks in it, and indeed, did break at one point and I had to repair it. Had mold slip and really bad mold lines. The edge of the hat had crumbly resin. He had a huge blob of excess resin on his nose next to an air bubble - that took a knife, filing, and filling to get to normal goblin nose.
So.... I wasn't super into this one.
But it was good practice on OSL and non-human skin tones. I did similar to the box art on this one too. Leaned into warm hues with the torchlit side, and blues on the non-torch side. Had a rough image in my head that the pants were originally white, but he's a goblin and peed in them regularly. Overall turned out fine. Still not my favorite. Pictures are "sufficient", although again I wish I had my buddy to take better ones!
Unlike the other projects, I did TMM on the bombs and buckles, since I was too lazy for NMM.
Who's Online 23 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)