Khador Kommander Zoktavir, The Butcher Unleashed Epic Warcaster Unit

Marsya

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. 

Very nice. What'd you do for the snow? It looks very fluffy in the pictures. 

For snow I mix white glue with Woodland Scenic's Realistic Water 50:50. Then I add snow flock until it is the consistency I want for these guys I mix a good amount of flock until it was like cake batter and started to be stiff. If you want a more melted look just use less flock. 

Then once I apply the snow to the base I sprinkle a little more flock on while it is still wet. Since the Realistic Water dries shiny be sure to Dullcote before applying the snow that way it retains a bit of shine and looks like glistening snow in hand.

• Like 2

Very nice!! The snow looks pretty cool, thanks for sharing how you did it. The painting on all three figures is excellent.

Sculpt wise, I like the doggies better, though.

Thank you.

I was not looking forward to painting any of these sculpts, as the dogs are too close to my argus minis for Circle and I only managed to paint one of those so far, but oddly after starting them, I quite enjoyed all of them. The dogs were fun especially their faces, and except his assembly I ended up liking the Butcher, I don't even know why but I do, I could have easily sank more time in all of them, but I forced my self to move on and be happy with them.

• Like 1

Nicely done!  "Start" for a Khador force...  eep.  That is a terrifying mini indeed.  You did very well with the entire scheme and the reds especially.  Keep it up!

Thanks. Luckily these are a "start" for my husband as I let him claim Khador, I'll stick to my Circle, Menoth and Convergnece. (I know I have too many factions already.) So he'll have to get painting the rest so he can play (as my house rules are only painted minis can be fielded.) Although I already bought the doom reavers, old witch and woodsmen that I plan to paint someday, so these aren't the last of Khador for me. :)

Nicely done!  "Start" for a Khador force...  eep.  That is a terrifying mini indeed.  You did very well with the entire scheme and the reds especially.  Keep it up!

Thanks. Luckily these are a "start" for my husband as I let him claim Khador, I'll stick to my Circle, Menoth and Convergnece. (I know I have too many factions already.) So he'll have to get painting the rest so he can play (as my house rules are only painted minis can be fielded.) Although I already bought the doom reavers, old witch and woodsmen that I plan to paint someday, so these aren't the last of Khador for me. :)

For me it's Khador, Cygnar, Mercs (Magnus primarily, although Rhul is looking tempting...), and Trollbloods.  Small amounts of each.  The Kossites are a fun unit, but they're really hard to use.  The old... witch... yes... that's what I'll call her is probably the longest-running model on my shelf of shame.

You paint very well, so all of it's going to be both stunning and fun. 

• Like 1