Sign in to follow this  
Marsya

Khador Kommander Zoktavir, The Butcher Unleashed Epic Warcaster Unit

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. 

Very nice. What'd you do for the snow? It looks very fluffy in the pictures. 

For snow I mix white glue with Woodland Scenic's Realistic Water 50:50. Then I add snow flock until it is the consistency I want for these guys I mix a good amount of flock until it was like cake batter and started to be stiff. If you want a more melted look just use less flock. 

Then once I apply the snow to the base I sprinkle a little more flock on while it is still wet. Since the Realistic Water dries shiny be sure to Dullcote before applying the snow that way it retains a bit of shine and looks like glistening snow in hand.

• Like 2

Very nice!! The snow looks pretty cool, thanks for sharing how you did it. The painting on all three figures is excellent.

Sculpt wise, I like the doggies better, though.

• Like 1

Very nice!! The snow looks pretty cool, thanks for sharing how you did it. The painting on all three figures is excellent.

Sculpt wise, I like the doggies better, though.

Thank you.

I was not looking forward to painting any of these sculpts, as the dogs are too close to my argus minis for Circle and I only managed to paint one of those so far, but oddly after starting them, I quite enjoyed all of them. The dogs were fun especially their faces, and except his assembly I ended up liking the Butcher, I don't even know why but I do, I could have easily sank more time in all of them, but I forced my self to move on and be happy with them.

• Like 1

Nicely done!  "Start" for a Khador force...  eep.  That is a terrifying mini indeed.  You did very well with the entire scheme and the reds especially.  Keep it up! 

• Like 1

Nicely done!  "Start" for a Khador force...  eep.  That is a terrifying mini indeed.  You did very well with the entire scheme and the reds especially.  Keep it up!

Thanks. Luckily these are a "start" for my husband as I let him claim Khador, I'll stick to my Circle, Menoth and Convergnece. (I know I have too many factions already.) So he'll have to get painting the rest so he can play (as my house rules are only painted minis can be fielded.) Although I already bought the doom reavers, old witch and woodsmen that I plan to paint someday, so these aren't the last of Khador for me. :)

Thanks. Luckily these are a "start" for my husband as I let him claim Khador, I'll stick to my Circle, Menoth and Convergnece. (I know I have too many factions already.) So he'll have to get painting the rest so he can play (as my house rules are only painted minis can be fielded.) Although I already bought the doom reavers, old witch and woodsmen that I plan to paint someday, so these aren't the last of Khador for me. :)

For me it's Khador, Cygnar, Mercs (Magnus primarily, although Rhul is looking tempting...), and Trollbloods.  Small amounts of each.  The Kossites are a fun unit, but they're really hard to use.  The old... witch... yes... that's what I'll call her is probably the longest-running model on my shelf of shame.

You paint very well, so all of it's going to be both stunning and fun. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ahowdleart/iron-hammer-miniatures-the-mighty-gnomish-war-engine?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-1

• By DragonWyrm
      I had it sitting on my bench for more than a year. Brought it on sale and it was nice working with such a heavy model, thought it did fall apart a couple times (Since I am not using it for gaming, I did not pin it).  The fourth picture seems to have the closest red to how it looks in real life.

The Robot 

Together with Friends

Feedback and Critiques are welcome and appreciated. 
    • By WhiteWulfe
      The Al Fasid, also known as "The Corrupted", are HaqqIslam's heavy troopers that will get the job done no matter the cost.  Their methods aren't always the prettiest, and they're never the stealthiest, and they have their own tricks they bring with them to the table.  They don't care about glory, and are solely chosen for their solid record of getting the job done.  Some enjoy it, some are in it for the solid paycheque, and others do it because the only thing theyy know what to do is fight.  Today I have the HMG version, who also conveniently carries a grenade launcher that can shoot either regular grenades to keep enemy heads down, or smoke grenades to provide additional cover.  Oh, they also pack anti-personnel mines with them too...

Since the "tactical rock" under his right foot kind of looked rather strikingly like the backpack for a Yu Jing (even though I'm not having any luck finding models to confirm this), I decided to try and test out my planned colour scheme for them.  That's right, I'll be going with a dark raver / cyberpunk burnt neon pink for their general colour, because why not - I'm going with hot orange for my Haqq...
    • By Mutilatedlips
      Painted this to use in my upcoming DnD campaign....freakin hard to paint. I could tell this was going to be difficult for me from the get go, so much stuff. Sometimes I wish models had approximate difficulty levels on the boxes.

The trio that the player characters will encounter are towards the bottom. 

Players should be trudging though a swampy bayou for a bit before they encounter a soft candle light glow in the distance ahead of them. The magicked candles begin to block the players night vision as they get closer. If they turn away, the candlelight will wink out and reappear in front of them again. Eventually they will encounter Papa Hoodoo and his gator zombie constructs Leblanc and Boudreaux.  I may pick up a reaper dire gator as a possibility during the encounter.

The pics below are more of a forest than swamp, but was having some fun with taking pictures this morning and I don't have any swamp terrain.

• By Pineapple
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As a change of pace from the Hard Mode Challenge, this round will have a Skill Challenge.

May and June 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      "Mayday!" is an international distress signal used in verbal communication in ships and aircraft.  Your first bonus challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to paint a miniature in some distress.  This could be a diorama, an adventurer falling into a trap, villian whose weapon just broke, or anything else your mind can conjure.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      The Solstices: June marks the beginning of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere and Winter in the Southern Hemisphere.  Paint a miniature or a pair of miniatures showcasing this duality.

Skill Challenge: OSL
      Try your hand at painting a miniature using OSL or Object-Source Lighting.  If you feel like this is something that is already in your wheelhouse, work on your technical skills in another area.  Practice NMM, TMM, wet-blending, sculpting, or anything else you've been meaning to try.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
  • Who's Online   35 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)