I based / am basing almost all my bones. There are a few I don't really need to: rats/kobolds/etc. But even some of the ones I thought I wouldn't base (skeletons, goblins) are now getting bases as I'm getting back into wargames because Kings of War is pretty awesome, and integrating other mini ranges is pretty simple.

I'm going to have a pretty big contingent of GW/Reaper/Mantic skeletons soon...

Anyway, don't be afraid to base em up - Bones are the perfect things to learn on if you haven't messed with basing before - cheap enough you don't have to worry if you mess em up, and really easy to stick pins into if you need to pin em to the base.

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 3

I've found a few figs that have poorer balance in Bones form.  Sometimes they can be fixed using the boil and bend method, but I find carving out the bottom of their bases and gluing a penny or a washer in the resulting cavity to be an easier fix.  A few of the larger dragons will probably require a bit more ingenuity and work, I'm afraid . . .

The Egg 

I use 1" steel fender washers and absolutely love them - as a bonus you can use magnets to hold them in place while painting and/or transporting.  I actually have a post here from a year or two ago about how I moved their feet a bit to base them (they're just a tiny bit wide for a 1" circle, as they're designed for a 1" square.)  Let me dig that up.

Here's that same guy in a thread where I did some basing experiments.  I make a reference to repositioning the feet but I didn't explain how I did it.  I chopped off the broccoli around the feet, immersed him in very hot water (not even boiling) for a minute or two, dried him off, then just glued him down in the way I wanted him.  The Bones gets very flexible when hot, and stays so for a few minutes.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

Just wondering if anyone else ever had any trouble getting 77059 Orc Berserker to stay standing up? He seems top-heavy.

Not the bersrkers, but the harpies give me no end of grief.  I glued pennies to their base in the meantime until the new Reaper plastic bases get into the distribution stream.  At which time I'll just start gluing Bones onto those.  Probably also many of my metal figures, just to maintain a uniform appearance.  Some of those can be pretty wobbly, too. 

• Like 3