January 30 Update Discussion

Hey Bryan,

All this talk about Order # and Waves is great but some of us really want to know how the pick up at HQ will work?  Do I need to let you know I am heading up or do you guys have a special list for those and you will let us know as soon as they are ready? 

I will be telling work I am out for the rest of the day once I hear shipping has started UNLESS you tell me I need to wait until I hear from you guys first. :)

For those with Orders Held for Pickup - PLEASE DO NOT just start showing up.  We will have details for the 56 of you with HELD orders available in an Update. It is highly unlikely that we will pull these 56 orders first thing on day one.

I may be contacting you individually to let you know your order was pulled, or we may find a faster method. I'll be honest, right now there's a lot happening and the process is still not fully locked down.

Sounds good to me! Since we actually have to plan a weekend to go down, it's not like we can show up the very day things start shipping =P So i'm cool with waiting until I'm notified

• Like 5
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been hounding my gaming group to double check their orders to see that they are finalized. They all rolled their eyes at me and said they were already finalized. Then today, one of the guys said his "got unlocked and it looks like he can still add funds."

I advised him to finalize ASAP and to probably not add to his order since I am not sure it will get added to his package or if it will just cause confusion. 

Did I make the right call?

• Like 5

I was dumb and picked Wave 2..even though I was Order #4499. I'll know better next time. Good news is, I'm in Oklahoma and shipping won't take too long to get here. 

You got lucky that wave 2 isn't going to be much after early bird.

• Like 3

Based on the volume of miniatures we have to package, I would estimate 4-6 weeks. There were over 280 new models that need to be blister packed in quantities of several thousand each before Retail can happen. We have not been able to begin this process because of space - literally 6 packaged models takes almost the same space as 50 models still in their original baggies, and we barely have the floorspace to hold everything as is. Once fulfillment is complete we will have space needed to store the packaged goods until they can be sent to retail/distribution.

Thanks. That's actually a better estimate than I would have guessed.
  • Like 3

I was dumb and picked Wave 2..even though I was Order #4499. I'll know better next time. Good news is, I'm in Oklahoma and shipping won't take too long to get here. 

You got lucky that wave 2 isn't going to be much after early bird.

Yeppers..I have much to be thankful for. Like the full change jar that's waiting for Bones III...Is it normal to highly anticipate the next one before you have the one you just ordered?

Edited by goblu79
  • Like 5

I have been hounding my gaming group to double check their orders to see that they are finalized. They all rolled their eyes at me and said they were already finalized. Then today, one of the guys said his "got unlocked and it looks like he can still add funds."

I advised him to finalize ASAP and to probably not add to his order since I am not sure it will get added to his package or if it will just cause confusion. 

My totally uninformed, totally speculative, based on nothing but my opinions, opinion is that it's probably too late. I mean, all the product has been produced and is in the warehouse. If he added to his order they'd have to make more bones, right? And then he'd have to wait for it to be shipped from China and then for customs to play with them before reaper could send them to him.

At least that's how it works out in my head. I wouldn't mess with it at this late date.

• Like 4

My totally uninformed, totally speculative, based on nothing but my opinions, opinion is that it's probably too late. I mean, all the product has been produced and is in the warehouse. If he added to his order they'd have to make more bones, right? And then he'd have to wait for it to be shipped from China and then for customs to play with them before reaper could send them to him.

At least that's how it works out in my head. I wouldn't mess with it at this late date.

Actually, it would probably come out of the "surplus" intended for retail...
  • Like 4

We have recently locked down the ability to add new funds to the Bones II project for persons not locked in. He will be able to allocate his original pledge amount, but will not be able to add additional anymore.

This was supposed to have been implemented a while back, and wasn't, so a lot of people were lucky that they had more flexibility than they should have.

We have recently locked down the ability to add new funds to the Bones II project for persons not locked in. He will be able to allocate his original pledge amount, but will not be able to add additional anymore.

This was supposed to have been implemented a while back, and wasn't, so a lot of people were lucky that they had more flexibility than they should have.

I may be over-extrapolating this from your tone, but it seems that you don't even consider someone adding funds (when they could) but you not fulfilling the order as the new request as Not Even an Option.  I like that.

• Like 2