January 30 Update Discussion

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tired of waiting. Gonna send Bryan poisonous emails until Customs releases the containers.

That'll speed things up, yo.

And insurance salesmen.

And glitterbombs.

Everyone shouldsend a glitterbomb to Reaper upon receiving our Bones as a way of sharing the celebration!

• Like 4

I know neither what a Pingo is nor why it would get me.

Pingo is an active poster here who has been engaged in a quixotic quest to get hobby painters to realize that "non-toxic" is a virtually meaningless term and that the substances they're putting in their mouths have a higher than average chance of leading to nasty disorders and/or cancers down the line.
  • Like 13

Pingo is an active poster here who has been engaged in a quixotic quest to get hobby painters to realize that "non-toxic" is a virtually meaningless term and that the substances they're putting in their mouths have a higher than average chance of leading to nasty disorders and/or cancers down the line.

Wait, WHAT?!?

• Like 9

I mean, to be serious for a moment, she has a point - and even if something is, in fact, 'non-toxic' that doesn't necessarily mean that it's great to be exposed to in continuing doses (an example might be fat-soluble elements that are safe - even vital - at certain levels, and hazardous at megadosages). 

I just thought it was funny that someone would be calling out that they were licking their brushes on the Reaper forums...

• Like 9

Wait, WHAT?!?

...I honestly can't tell if you're being serious, Mrs. M.
  • Like 7

Wait, WHAT?!?
:( I don't do it too often.

All I can think about now are those clock face painter girls and their jaws falling off. o_o

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 7

Wait, WHAT?!?

All I can think about now are those clock face painter girls and their jaws falling off. o_o

Here's one of her... hrmm, I'm at a loss as to what to call it. Diatribe and rant have negative connotations, lecture seems to formal, plea too desperate.
  • Like 7

Wait, WHAT?!?

Here's one of her... hrmm, I'm at a loss as to what to call it. Diatribe and rant have negative connotations, lecture seems to formal, plea too desperate.

I'm actually very familiar with this information. One of my professors told us something similar when we were doing a project. I don't actually lick my brushes- statement for comedic effect.

• Like 10

For a while there, people would simply type the words "licks brushes" as a way of attempting to get Pingo's attention!  :lol:  But yeah, I never got into the habit because I started painting with oil-based Testor's enamels.  No way would I put something covered in turpentine in my mouth!! 

I'm also anxiously awaiting the retail release of Bones 2.  There were a few smaller things that I figured I'd get later and I'm keen to be able to do so.  Oh well, I'm reasonably confident that they'll be available next Christmas.  ^_^

• Like 6