January 30 Update Discussion

From the KS update:

If you see an Invoice with your address and selections, such as Bryan's below, then you are locked in and everything is in order. 

2cfa781c493b02319726f7783616970c_large.pBryan has locked in his selections, and can receive his rewards

If, on the other hand, you see list of possible options and a Green "Check Out" Button or a Red "Recalculate" Button, like below, you will need to finish selecting your rewards and proceed to lock in. You will need to recalculate if you see that button, and once it is Green and says "Check Out", press it to proceed to payment. The next screen will either allow you to enter a payment mentor, like a credit card or PayPal to pay for any rewards you have chosen which exceed your original Pledge amount, or it will tell you that you owe nothing (the cost of your selections equals the amount Pledged) and you need only click to finalize and confirm. This last step will take you an Invoice that looks like the above image.

• Like 4
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now that these look more and more impending to ship...

What's the approximate time frame after the KS fulfillment ends that these will hit retail distribution and the Reaper online store?

Based on the volume of miniatures we have to package, I would estimate 4-6 weeks. There were over 280 new models that need to be blister packed in quantities of several thousand each before Retail can happen. We have not been able to begin this process because of space - literally 6 packaged models takes almost the same space as 50 models still in their original baggies, and we barely have the floorspace to hold everything as is. Once fulfillment is complete we will have space needed to store the packaged goods until they can be sent to retail/distribution.

I locked in as soon as the pledge manager became available,

Unfortunately, it does seem the way the system works makes it advantageous to wait as long as possible to lock a pledge in.  As I understand it, those few who still have not locked their pledges in can now do so including adding more options and increasing their pledge accordingly.  If I had the opportunity, I would probably add a few things that I passed on for financial reasons when I locked in my pledge.  I am glad I locked in my pledge in a timely manner since I really wanted the Bones II kickstarter to go as smoothly as possible, but just saying I can see why some may have delayed.

Except that within Wave, you will ship First if you Locked in First. And based on the sheer number of people asking us angrily where their product is and claiming they have "heard nothing from us" about the delays, I'm guessing that the people who haven't locked in aren't reading Updates anyway, and probably don't even know what a Pledge Manager is.

How do you tell if you are locked in?

Instructions for this were covered in the Update, with photographs and text explanations. I am going to ask you to refer to that documentation instead of reposting the information here.

Also, cannot tell if Trolling or Serious, mostly because I had believed the explanation in the Update was both pretty darn thorough and hard to miss.

I am locked in, and verified that you are sending things to my new house.  This is good, as we finished cleaning the place up on Saturday and yesterday I took all the trash to the curb and declared us done.  I have been euphoric ever since. :)

And yes, my new house has a dedicated painting station.  Why do you ask?

Edit: Clarification, by "the place" I mean our old apartment.  Hopefully you all got that...

Edited by Grim
  • Like 12

How do you tell if you are locked in?

Instructions for this were covered in the Update, with photographs and text explanations. I am going to ask you to refer to that documentation instead of reposting the information here.

Also, cannot tell if Trolling or Serious, mostly because I had believed the explanation in the Update was both pretty darn thorough and hard to miss.

It was serious. And somebody already put a link to it. It was thorough in the update. (Looks like I am locked in...)

Access to things internet is poor lately, most of my computational devices are now kaput, reading the forums is not easy, reading email is very hard, updates are announced by email, I don't fully understand the F5 jokes, and this device has no F5 key to try...

:huh:::(:

First world problems/not easy being a 21st century luddite...

• Like 9

And based on the sheer number of people asking us angrily where their product is and claiming they have "heard nothing from us" about the delays, I'm guessing that the people who haven't locked in aren't reading Updates anyway, and probably don't even know what a Pledge Manager is.

Incidentally, as someone who was lightly critical of communication in the first Kickstarter, I've been really impressed with the communication in this one. Clear, timely updates, with expectations and uncertainties and risks clearly laid out. Just seriously an A++ job, and you deserve some real praise for it. Hopefully, even though you'll never get rid of those "I never read anything, answer my angry question" people entirely, you're seeing some benefit from that improved communication, too. 

• Like 9

I locked in as soon as the pledge manager became available,

Unfortunately, it does seem the way the system works makes it advantageous to wait as long as possible to lock a pledge in.  As I understand it, those few who still have not locked their pledges in can now do so including adding more options and increasing their pledge accordingly.  If I had the opportunity, I would probably add a few things that I passed on for financial reasons when I locked in my pledge.  I am glad I locked in my pledge in a timely manner since I really wanted the Bones II kickstarter to go as smoothly as possible, but just saying I can see why some may have delayed.

I wish I could add DDS

~ S ~

• Like 3

I locked my pledge in 2014´s January (when you asked us to - Update 80), but just to be safe, I checked twice and since I will be changing homes and there is a HUGE chance I´ll only get a note from customs saying "came here to pay the taxes and take your box", I changed the address to my work´s.  

(I hope they don´t fire me until then...)

• Like 6