Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

January 30 Update Discussion

I believe it was already discussed that the order number seems to have more to do with when the pledge manager was first opened (perhaps even during the campaign) and not with when you locked in your pledge. We compared order numbers with lock in times and there seemed to be no correlation. (I have an order# in the 2000's with a lock in date of 12/11/13)

Remember you could get into the pledge manager and check on shipping and other things while the KS was ongoing. I remember it even saving selections I had made previously, and this was beyond cookies. So likely stored in a database, and databases need keys, so likely the order number is the business unique identifier for the pledge manager, and therefore would be related to the 1st time you accessed the pledge manager, and not when you locked in.

• Like 4

Behind me (#750 early bird) ... muhaha ... ;)

Ick... #15873... at least I'm still in wave 1!

#7435 =P

#LocalPickUpSoNah!

It's not a contest; you guys know that, right? :upside:

• Like 6

#7435 =P

#LocalPickUpSoNah!

everything is a contest.  every year we have a big picnic in our town for corgi owners.  it is a huge amount of fun and we have corgi events including a race.  Bacon and I win that race.  If I can make a contest out of racing stumpy dogs, I can make a contest from anything.

• Like 11

everything is a contest.  every year we have a big picnic in our town for corgi owners.  it is a huge amount of fun and we have corgi events including a race.  Bacon and I win that race.  If I can make a contest out of racing stumpy dogs, I can make a contest from anything.

Driving too.  I like to get to the next red light before everyone else.  I will even hoot and holler and wave my hands up in the air when I win.

• Like 6

So this is where the nail biting has migrated to?

Spill the blood! Summon the Bryan!

Are they there yet? Are they there yet? Are they there yet?

Huh? Are they?

And I lick my brushes...

I'm fine!

Edited by Baphomet69
  • Like 2

I believe it was already discussed that the order number seems to have more to do with when the pledge manager was first opened (perhaps even during the campaign) and not with when you locked in your pledge. We compared order numbers with lock in times and there seemed to be no correlation. (I have an order# in the 2000's with a lock in date of 12/11/13)

Remember you could get into the pledge manager and check on shipping and other things while the KS was ongoing. I remember it even saving selections I had made previously, and this was beyond cookies. So likely stored in a database, and databases need keys, so likely the order number is the business unique identifier for the pledge manager, and therefore would be related to the 1st time you accessed the pledge manager, and not when you locked in.

OK, the database doesn't store a timestamp for your lock-in.  But we are sorting it by Wave, then by OrderID which is unique.

Whether Order ID is a 100% precise match for the order in which you locked in your pledge or not, the sort order stands.  And, I might add, the precise difference between Wave 1's first order shipping at ~9AM Central Time and the last order of the same day at 5:59 PM Central time is Moot. Literally all of those packages will be picked up by the carrier at 6PM, so that ~9 hour difference in which person A "shipped" first is kind of irrelevant. We could process over 1,000 people in that day, (and anticipate processing far more than 1,000) meaning the tiny distinctions we are making here are really really irrelevant.

EDIT: Incorrect information provided. Clarified in a later post.

Edited by Reaperbryan

#7435 =P

#LocalPickUpSoNah!

...but if it was, then I would be winning.

Order #338

Shipping Wave 1

• Like 6

Hey Bryan,

All this talk about Order # and Waves is great but some of us really want to know how the pick up at HQ will work?  Do I need to let you know I am heading up or do you guys have a special list for those and you will let us know as soon as they are ready? 

I will be telling work I am out for the rest of the day once I hear shipping has started UNLESS you tell me I need to wait until I hear from you guys first. :)

• Like 4

@Bryan, that makes sense, and It's all good. It's not like all of Bones 1 is painted. And All if not most in the same wave will go out the same day, so it's not like it's making a big difference. :lol:

...but if it was, then I would be winning.

Order #338
Shipping Wave 1

When are you due out to sea again? I bet I still get mine before you.   ::P:

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 9

Hey Bryan,

All this talk about Order # and Waves is great but some of us really want to know how the pick up at HQ will work?  Do I need to let you know I am heading up or do you guys have a special list for those and you will let us know as soon as they are ready? 

I will be telling work I am out for the rest of the day once I hear shipping has started UNLESS you tell me I need to wait until I hear from you guys first. :)

I'd like to know as well, since we'll be driving down whatever weekend of the week we're told we can pick them up at will be XD

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 2

I will most likely be dropping by as soon as I get the email.  I see the conversation going something like "I got the email honey jump in the car and remove the back seats we have an errand to run."

• Like 6

Hey Bryan,

For those with Orders Held for Pickup - PLEASE DO NOT just start showing up.  We will have details for the 56 of you with HELD orders available in an Update. It is highly unlikely that we will pull these 56 orders first thing on day one.

I may be contacting you individually to let you know your order was pulled, or we may find a faster method. I'll be honest, right now there's a lot happening and the process is still not fully locked down.