Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

IMEF Bulldog question

How many parts are there to this model?  Is the head/hatch separate?  I ask because I'd like to see these next to my CAV models. 

Cheers.

• Like 2

Not long after I posted this, I checked back in the online store to see it is in five parts.  I still want to know how the head/hatch are attached.  Any help appreciated.

I just bought one. The head and hatch are separate pieces on another sprue. I am assuming the head can be thrown in the spares box and the hatch placed in the closed position. The hollowed out area for the head contains no other details - instruments, controls, and whatnot - so an open hatch and head is could stand some additional detailing.

If you're into that thing.

Like me... 

Glen

• Like 5

I'm not familiar with either the dreadnought or DZ Rider, but the Bulldog is 1.75" tall hatch closed and 2" tall hatch opened.

In addition to my above post, the hatch has a tank-style viewport on the face, but no corresponding detail on the inside. It's a simple fix.

HTH

Glen

• Like 2

It's quite a bit smaller than a deadzone strider. 

Here are some blurry Lineups. 2v8r0nl.jpg

R to L: Dust Axis Heavy Laser PA guy, Warpath Enforcer Captain, IMEF Bulldog, Warmachine Cygnar light warjack, Confrontation dysatis critter. Reaper bones Ogre captain, AT-43 Red Bloc Kolossus, Warmachine Khador Heavy Warjack.

27y8yvb.jpg

The Heavy Khador warjack on the far right is roughly SM Dreadnought size, though not as wide, and both are a little smaller than the Deadzone Strider.

Here is the IMEF Bulldog trooper with some other Bones and metal figures including three IMEF troops, a Chrono-agent guy, and a NovaCorps Sgt.

11sf710.jpg

The hatch just sits open on a line of dired glue and does not close well with the head inside, so it is an either/or thing. For some reason my IMEF Bulldog came with a dinky slotta-base. But, what me worry.

EDIT:

Here is a side by side of a hastily slapped together Deadzone Coroporation Strider and the IMEF Bulldog1, now sans top hatch cover.

1182l2p.jpg

Edited by burnsides
  • Like 4

Is that a metal version of the Dreadzone Enforcer captain?  If so, I didn't know they made one.  I have the base DZ set with the Enforcers and Plague models made of "restic."  Looks like a different sculpt too, more dynamic than the one in the base set.

The metal Enforcer captain is from Mantic's Warpath line which predates the Deadzone stuff. It represents the same "thing" but a different sculpt, The restic one is a little bit bulkier. I was afraid to slap one together for the lineup so I used my old metal one. The Warpath line also has a couple of metal forge fathers characters and a large metal Orx captain with a clawed punch dagger/gauntlet thing..

• Like 1

burnsides- a big thank you for posting the pics.  I would love to see the Bulldog next to some CAVs, but these shots will do.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

The bulldog looks like it would fit a 40mm base nicely (next to the Cynaran Sentinal which is also based on a 40mm base).

Is it based on a 30mm base in the picture?  It certainly appears to be on a 30mm base.

Oddly enough, a 30mm base was included in my 'kit'. The track of the machine is considerably wider. I'm going with a finished wood block...

Glen

The bulldog looks like it would fit a 40mm base nicely (next to the Cynaran Sentinal which is also based on a 40mm base).

Is it based on a 30mm base in the picture?  It certainly appears to be on a 30mm base.

I tacked it to the base that came in the blister. I think a larger one would be better. I'd post a pic with the lid down but it doesn't fit quite right and I'm not keep for bending,filing, or putty just to get a quick assembly photo.

I slapped the bulldog together mostly as a distraction from working on my Shadows of Brimstone: "Swamps of Death" Box. They made nine of the twelve tiny undeads in the box mult-part. Flying Frog are insane.

And I now have them all slapped together awaiting putty and sanding. 

Now I need to put the Malifaux RPG multi-part male kit together to make some more 1880's gun and sword dudes.

The le paint, or le procrastinate and put in bins.

Edited by burnsides
  • Like 1