These guys were my first attempts at painting wood grain. Could have gone a little better, but practice makes perfect! (Also: I need a steadier hand.)

The general effect I was aiming for was "carved wood painted in thin paint by primitive tribe" so I tried to keep the wood grain a tiny bit visible through the paint of the masks.

post-12889-0-58927000-1422765014.jpg

Edited by terminalmancer
  • Like 16
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By JackMann
      Painted up an old mini I've had forever. Pretty much just slapped some GW contrast paints on him, with a few metallics (Vallejo Gunmetal and Chrome), and some Reaper Walnut Brown for the eyes.
    • By lexomatic
      i stumbled across this neat article on social media. It seems doable enough - balsa, hydrogen peroxide +sun light, and marine epoxy?
      Not huge application, but I suppose it would allow glass skyscrapers, greenhouses, and... mostly windows? Will post if I try. Please share if you try.

• By Kangaroorex
      Decided to give the group dice trays this year for the holidays.  

I wanted to get this done before Saturday and I wanted to take a shot at getting at least a first one done tonight.

So here is the prototype.  The finished format will be actually glued down as well as nailed down.  I was trying to decide if I like the nail  on the top.  On the prototype it let's me move things around but they will be optional on the final version.

• By Mutilatedlips
      "Paizo" carved on the bottom, from the early 2000's. I don't know much more than that. 

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)