2015 Spring Exchange - Chatter thread

fanguad

Greatest line from that whole thing!

"This means that actual painting time will be slightly reduced, but since I think most people use the majority of their time for procrastination this will not cause any problems."

I seem to miss these some how! I was really hoping to get on board for this round.

That how it works. You procrastinate on it enough and the mini gets fed up and paints itself while you're not looking, right? RIGHT? :ik_oops:

I wish it worked that way Red. Though it does for my mom as I get fed up and just paint them.

I need to seal my mini today and start packing things up

• Like 3

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have decided upon a mini for my partner... a nifty little Bombshell babe I have and thought was pretty cool. I'm trying to decide what kind of vignette to do with her, but I'm sure a bit more thought and inspiration will hit me before the end of the weekend. Plan on working on it next week, try to get this out so I can finish my other (delayed) projects.

• Like 2

Poured water today. Now we wait to see the result. This has been a challenge of my abilities in basing. Trying magic water because I want some real depth to the water and most of the stuff I've tried leaves only a thin skin. We will see what it does

Sadly I have that happen so much >.< it just..thins down to nothing after drying

• Like 1

So I thought I had some postage material for the mini but it turns out I didn't, so it's not sent out yet.

And I won't be able to organise anything today (Sunday) since we'll be spending most of the day buttoning down for the arrival of Cyclone Pam tonight. We're not expecting the 200mph winds that hit Vanuatu, but they're still forecasting around 100mph.

Nor tomorrow, since I can't get to the post office on Mondays.

Mildly frustrating, but I've still got plenty of time!  ^_^

• Like 2

Poured water today. Now we wait to see the result. This has been a challenge of my abilities in basing. Trying magic water because I want some real depth to the water and most of the stuff I've tried leaves only a thin skin. We will see what it does

Sadly I have that happen so much >.< it just..thins down to nothing after drying

Magic water is supposed to be a cross linking resin that doesn't shrink. First tests looked pretty good. They say it takes at least 24 hours to harden but apparently, in cold weather it takes longer. My main issue is trying to stop leaks and wicking. For something that looks like syrup, it crawls out of its correct spot really well.

• Like 2

Do you have any off-white colors you can use?  I actually prefer using Linen White or Ghost White for eyes.

In other news, I made significant progress on my miniature this weekend.

Edited by fanguad
  • Like 3