2015 Spring Exchange - Chatter thread

fanguad

Over promising and under delivering is usually a bad thing. With cyclones though, I'm willing to accept it. Thankfully it slowed down a bit before hitting us, and the winds barely got to 30mph.

So I'm going to box the mini up right now, and aim to get it posted tomorrow.

• Like 3

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any off-white colors you can use?  I actually prefer using Linen White or Ghost White for eyes.

In other news, I made significant progress on my miniature this weekend.

I do have linen white :rock: Progress shall continue tonight! ^_^

I swear, I'm such a space cadet sometimes... not thinking of something so obvious, blar! At least my state of mind matches my avatar now.

• Like 3

water with depth achieved.  The project for the exchange worked to a treat.  I also did a couple of sample pools using some dark green shrubbery and the raw walnut base for the bottom and that pool looks amazing and stayed 3/8th inch deep.  the depth is there and the stuff left the wood at the bottom almost silvery.  I looks gorgeous.  the stuff does take a long time to dry though they say 24 hours.  Right now my basement is around 68 degrees and it took 2 days to get past the tacky stage. 

When I get home its time to add the ripple effects...

• Like 6

I don't think I've ever tried ripple effects... hmmmm... I'm one of 3 minis into my exchange. The 1 is finished... the other 2 are at least pinned. Here's hoping I can get some major progress on them tonight as I need to start on my reapercon SciFi entry. I'm dragging a few finished projects with me, but I'm rushing to get a new one done... which probably isn't a good thing.

• Like 2

Okay! It looks like we are shipping 3 boxes out this week! Hopefully we will not be delayed beyond Saturday.

Mom finished her exchange pieces so I need to go seal them up for and then pack the box for her. So we can just make the run to the post office to drop the exchange boxes along with our third box.

• Like 3