2015 Spring Exchange - Chatter thread

fanguad

Ok.  So.  Wow.

I have not the words to express the awesomeness that I got from Bonwirn in the mail today.  Only that I wish my camera wasn't complete garbage, so you could all see these undead swordswomen and spell caster more clearly and in all their undead...glory...?  Corruption?  Undeadness.

Also, this tomb that I get to paint and put together is epic, and I'm stoked about getting to incorporate it into future games.  I'll definitely be going to Hobby Lobby today to pick up the appropriate glue, basing materials, etc.  Who needs to study for finals anyway, amiright? 

Without further ado, admire Bonwirn's awesomeness and be jealous!  ^_^

EDIT: Hm...for some reason the last picture keeps posting upside down.  Trying to figure that out...  Got it.  :upside:

post-12292-0-15452700-1429126689_thumb.jpg

post-12292-0-48058700-1429126690_thumb.jpg

post-12292-0-84371200-1429126691_thumb.jpg

post-12292-0-15012000-1429127709_thumb.jpg

Edited by KoiPwned
  • Like 12

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, for the Love of God, AFTER ReaperCon! LOL!

Well, in all honesty, We could start the signups to have them end the week after Reapercon.  The only really important date is the Ship By: date, so as long as that is in June, signups can happen anytime.

Oh, and wouldn't you like to know what your new friend would like so you can pick it up AT Reapercon?

I agree with this actually. If I knew who and what my partner would like I would ask a friend to pick it up to ship to me. Not that it stops me from ordering anyways...

Ideas for people going to ReaperCon and planning to participate in the next exchange:

On behalf of all of us not going - exclusive minis, sample/limited edition paint, and paint pokers are AWESOME!

This^. Very much this^. 

Very nice Koi. Those do look very awesome!

• Like 5

I left Reapercon last year with 10 paint pokers....  4 were traded to folks, 3 were given away to people, and I have three left...  Best $2 spent on a T-pin EVER!  Might have to add a few to my list of "gets" for my secret shopper this year.

• Like 5

While I may get the signup page up before ReaperCon, there's no realistic way the assignments will go out before then.  However, you could certainly include a note under the "what I can paint" or "what I want" section of the questionnaire to indicate the availability or desire for special/limited edition stuff.

• Like 2

I got my mini from Koipwned today. I can't post it today, maybe he can if he took a picture. Its a very awesome cave troll.

• Like 4

While I may get the signup page up before ReaperCon, there's no realistic way the assignments will go out before then.  However, you could certainly include a note under the "what I can paint" or "what I want" section of the questionnaire to indicate the availability or desire for special/limited edition stuff.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Just the sign-ups not actual assignments until after we get back from the Con.

Ideas for people going to ReaperCon and planning to participate in the next exchange:

On behalf of all of us not going - exclusive minis, sample/limited edition paint, and paint pokers are AWESOME!

I plan on grabbing a few paint pokers to toss into BOGW and exchanges. 

That reminds me, I wont be going to ReaperCon :( but a friend on this forum is - can he pick up my ribbon for the Exchanges from last year?

Re: my mini -I was going to do a mail out today but weather and lines mean that it ll be shipped late tonight -still it ll be 'technically' out on time.

• Like 1

I plan on grabbing a few paint pokers to toss into BOGW and exchanges. 

That reminds me, I wont be going to ReaperCon :( but a friend on this forum is - can he pick up my ribbon for the Exchanges from last year?

Re: my mini -I was going to do a mail out today but weather and lines mean that it ll be shipped late tonight -still it ll be 'technically' out on time.

Fanguad is the one who is providing the Ribbons and I think he's planning on handing me some to give out to participants. So you'd be better off asking him if that's cool.

ETA: yeah, technically still going out today which is deadline day, so you are good.  ^_^

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

Sure - it's not like I'm checking IDs or anything, so just have him tell me it's for you.

• Like 1

Sure - it's not like I'm checking IDs or anything, so just have him tell me it's for you.

WHAT?? I thought you told me they had to have 4 forms of government issued ID and had to sign the disclosure agreements in triplicate?  :devil:

• Like 2

WHAT?? I thought you told me they had to have 4 forms of government issued ID and had to sign the disclosure agreements in triplicate?  :devil:

He must have been joking.. Fan knows that a true barbarian would only rip up those forms and can't sign his name without smearing it in blood!

On that note anyone from the east coast of Canada going that would be willing to knock fan out and acquire some ribbons for me!  ^_^

• Like 1

The good news, mini and base done. Bad news, arm fell off as I was getting ready to pin the figure to the base, sigh. This arm has been the bane of my existence from the get go. Pinned and glue, nope wouldn't hold. Pin, glue, milliput gap filling, nope won't hold. What the actual heck. Hopefully the bit of resin I put in there will hold it. Once that dries I'll need to fill the gap again and repaint it. Fingers crossed. Should everything go alright, I'll get it in the mail Friday. Sorry for the delay Minibart.

• Like 2