Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

Thorgrimm

Assigned to travel to Eislied and discover why suddenly there is a blockade at the only port of the country of Eisgen Norden. It has been a long journey and the Captain told you to not return until you had an answer. As you arrive at the bustling city you can see why some might be surprised by it. There are walls, but only a few of the guards fit the descriptions of what more civilized folk would expect of guards.

To get to the merchant/visitor section you pass a large building with an equally large courtyard. The structure and its walls seem to be carved from pure ice as it gleams in the sun. The symbol of the Frost King , god of water and patron of the north, rests upon the courtyards and the door of the Cathedral.

From directions you were given you know the inn most likely to be able to take you in is the Golden Boar. The rumors on the way here have told you that it looks like the Emperor is seeking to add to his empire. Troops are preparing in the harbor and near the only pass into this kingdom.

Kenobo

You arrived in the country only days before the blockade went into place. It appears your flight may have led you straight into trouble and rather large trouble. Or perhaps based on the rose you found yesterday you have been led straight into something wanted of you. The yellow rose with the red trim was an odd find, but so was they symbol of a golden boar near it.

As you step int Eislied famed as one of only two cities in the whole country you can see just how rough and tumble it is. The whole city seems to vibrate with life and people are running around. Some you can hear calling out orders for weapons and armor. Preparing to return to their tribes. It seems the north is preparing for war.

Stepping in to the cathedral square you can see up close the building that dominates the skyline here. It bears the symbols of the Frost King and seems to be carved from solid ice. Just beyond it to the left you can see the area for foreign visitors a single inn sign swings at just the edge of your ability to see in the sunlight. It glitters golden and seems to be in the form of a boar.

Giles

You received a tip from a very large ranger who had a pack of hounds and a knowing smirk. The man told you to go to the Golden Boar in Eislied. Some allies might be there. As he turned to mount up on what looked like a nightmare and the hounds looked back quietly “After all one needs allies if he will try to take on an army of dead. Or at least mortals need such things.â€

He then rode off and sounded a horn as if he was calling someone. One of the hounds waited and watched you for a long moment before racing off at incredible speed to catch up to the pack.

Now in Eislied you took the gate that led you to the area the Golden Boar was in. You can see what appear to be a gigantic ice building deeper in the city. For now you have found your destination, an inn with a board proclaiming it to be the Golden Boar.

Sariel

Your feet for some reason have led you to the city of Eislied. The city seems to be bustling as the warriors prepare for a coming war. Walking through a few can be heard roaring with laughter that this Emperor so foolishly thinks he can conquer them. They would garner much honor in the upcoming battle and they welcomed eagerly.

The cathedral of the Frost King dominates the city and many reference him as their patron. They swear that like their patron deity they would not be conquered. Like him they would bring the freezing and biting cold down to destroy their enemies. Your feet lead you to stop in front of a single in, The Golden Boar.

Ciron

Your thirst for vengeance has brought you to Eislied. Here you expect to find somebody willing to help with the task of finding your lost mother. After all it is a major trade city. With the coming of war there will be many with that view here. You can see the bustling city is busier than usual as it prepares for the upcoming potential war. You can see the great cathedral of the Frost King and know that where nobody can see they to are preparing for the war.

He is not known for being an idle deity. He would not be patron of such a fierce group. He would likely encourage his followers to fight to defend the country. With your knowledge of the country and the advice of your uncle you know the place foreigners tend to gather. The inn is known as a place where people of like minds and missions tend to gather. It is called The Golden Boar.

Based on your uncle’s directions it is a very easy place to find. Even more so when you view the sign with a boar painted in gold.

• Like 1

Calmly he wove his way through the crowd and the bustle. This was a far cry from home, a far cry even from the many villages and towns he had stopped in along the way, but this was where he was, and that was not about to change if what he ha heard on his travels rang true, and by the sights and sounds around him, he had not heard the half. Weaving his way gracefully through the crowds he aproached the relative shelter, this island in the sea of humanity that was the inn. Normally not one for following in omens himself, he left that to the priestess of his clan, his dear sister, but when they reach out and tug your tail, it is best to not ignore them.

• Like 1

Giles, being new to Eisled, and generally not used to more than 50 people being in one place at one time, gratefully took the advice of a fellow woodsperson to seek out the golden boar.

When he arrives he will sit up at the bar, with a beer and introduce himself to the bartender... "Hello, my name is Giles Rhythy, I'm from a small town towards the south of here. I'm new to the big city and was recommended the golden boar by a fellow woodsperson." He holds out his hand.

Edited by davor
  • Like 1

The man within was tall and very broad in his build. He watched the newcomers with keen interest. His black eyes seemed to miss very little within the inn. He took the hand calmly "You'll have some adjusting. many recommend this inn for those who travel."

He looked at the door sometimes as if he expected more people to enter. He wore a symbol around his neck. It looked like an ebony horse.

Do I recognise the symbol?

(I assume I know of the troubles with undead and demons throughout the world?)

"Could you tell me about the city? I have been hoping to find some work I can do short term while I decide where to set down roots."

• Like 1

He stepped into the inn, ice blue eyes studying the room, and the crowd with care as he made his way through towards a place where he might find a seat. His fingers brushing tangles from his hair, and the dust of the road from his clothes. Those sensitive to such, or highly observant might note the faint trace of magic that went with his actions, causing his long red hair to settle back into place, and his clothes to return to a freshly laundered state. If any did take note, they would recieve a grin and a wink.

• Like 1

[its an easy one. The symbol of Thantos, God of Death.]

He responds as he spots the new stranger. He sweeps a clear spot next to Giles "You come here to either settle and work or find a work that takes you out of the city."

His black eyes are warm with good humor as he pulls down some mugs. He tops off two of them and set one in front of Giles and another at the newly cleared off spot.

A mug set out for no one...or was it? With a slightly arched eyebrow towards the bar keeper he made his way over towards that empty space. This was getting odder by the moment. His sister would love it.

• Like 1

Ciron followed his uncle's directions to the sign of the Golden Boar. He purposefully strode past the establishment, then ducked down a side street and waited a few minutes to ensure that he had not been followed. Satisfied, he emerged from the side street, and returned to the inn. He entered and paused a few moments to allow his blue eyes adjust to the lighting. As he waited, he scanned the crowd, hoping to find someone that might be interested in aiding him in his quest. From what his uncle had told him, this was the place to look.

• Like 1

Thorgrimm walks into the Inn, his cold brown eyes sweeping the room, gauging everyone in the room.  He advances to the bar and asks for a pint of ale. Eyeing everyone in the room and taking mental notes. His hand occasionally brushes the hammer by his side. A shield with a picture of a hammer over waves is strapped to his back. He sips his ale and some dribbles down his hairless face. He wipes the ripple off, and rubs his bare chin. Hate flairs in his eyes for a moment, He turns to the barkeep and asks, “What is with all the commotion? The town is busier than a kicked ants nest.â€

• Like 1

The man grinned broadly “When war comes knocking dwarf we answer the call with a mighty roar. This emperor fellow has another thing coming if he thinks he can conquer us.â€

He casually clears another spot at the group and pours another mug of beer. He purposely gestures to it while meeting CIron’s eyes

[forgot earlier to answer this earlier: Yes most people know about the trouble with the Emperor’s armies. Many countries are held by him, most are on this continent or Parsua currently. He hopes to finish conquest on them before turning his eyes to new continents]

"More than the mighty dwarves I hope." I raise a my glass to the dwarf, stand and bow.

"I hear that we are the only country not conquered by the emperor..."

• Like 1

He shakes his head "No the real insult is his next door neighbor still stands free as do the centaurs. Apparently he thinks if he bends us to his will then he can finally obliterate both armies. First though we have our own defenses and there are very ancient ones guarded by the dwarves that make their homes in the glaciers. By legend those defenses have not been raised since the elves first attempted to conquer us centuries ago."

He smirked slightly as seemed to measure up those before him "The gods have strange tastes, but they have a better inkling on things than we do."

"It is often the case the Gods know more than we mere mortals, and at times, it seems, it suits their purpose to guide us towards goals, both good, and ill. Though I wonder to what purpose they brought me here, into a land upon the brink of war?"

• Like 1