Sign in to follow this  
Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

'Truly, I am indifferent to the man's fate. His actions have earned him whatever ill befalls him. I would have words with him before he becomes the object of your attentions, Huntmaster.'

"I do not know what was said to that forest guardian, but this piece of filth does not deserve a gentle fate. Its kind bring war upon the world and would 'hunt'down any that oppose them. I care not about its fate. If the Lord of the Hunt" does a full bow to Herne "would like to dispose of this for us.... I will not oppose him. Besides, we brought it here to be judged, let the hunt do the judgement."

Herne busts into a loud raucous laugh "Forest Guardian? That is a new one for me to hear him called.  Most fiends, undead and clerics avoid the forest as its a wee bit hard to fight that old warrior when he is prepared for them."

He then sobers up and grins "I thank you for him. Dn't fret about the guy in their tearing into you about me taking him. If he does tell him I said he could come complain to me about it. Besides out here is the domain of dragons who currently slumber. If they both awaken this invading army up here will be in very deep trouble.""Might as well go on into the woods free of your burden"

• Like 1

Ciron moves over to the limp form of the priest and with no more force than necessary to wake him, slaps him. Once the man is awake, he leans in close and murmurs something to  him.

(ETA---what I said is in the gathering thread)

Edited by Chaoswolf

(OOC---I guess it depends on how close you are; I'm not whispering or necessarily trying to be secretive, Just not making a big deal out of it, either.)

He looks utterly pale at the sight of Herne and then your question seems to confuse him. He speaks cautiously as if weighing his words. Though he seems nervous as a couple of hounds seem to be fixated on him. He does not keep his voice low "I cannot honestly say. The emperor has been capturing many from this region in various ways for sometime. He says the one in charge may find them more pleasing. I can't say where he holds them though, but he takes even the dead bodies and has them reanimated as undead servants for them. Just for a bit of fun."

• Like 2

"Guardian of the tree, before you take this foul excuse for a human to the hunt, can you tell us anything of the forest?"

Herne chuckles "Paid attention to my history hmm? Well I doubt you are here for a full history of the world. Suffice to say this forest is one of the ancient forests from before the war between the gods and the fiends. Though that war turned on such odd circumstances and wrought much tragedy. It also made many grateful for mortals. After all it would not have been won without mortal hands. Yes you mortals have so much of the fate of this world in your hands."

He shakes his head "Anyways know it is not winter in there. Mind your manners with the fellow in there. He is a very proper sort and expects a good deal of respect. Be polite and mind him as you would any warrior who has led armies and you'll be fine. If he starts going informal you'll be safe enough dropping formality. He'll gladly help you out with solid information as he has what you require."

He ponders "Oh and best strip to summer type clothing when you step in. He likes it to be the height of summer when he is in residence."

• Like 3

Herne grabs the cleric and puts him on a horse for a bit. "He can ride for a bit until we get to a decent place for the hunt. SHould terrify him a bit."

The woods stretch out and a path opens up at the edge going into the forest. You can see a man with golden hair and deep blue clothing strolling along the path deeper into the woods.

With a bit of a shrug, Kenobu peeled off his jacket and made a bundle of it to toss over his shoulder before heading on into the woods himself.

I'll keep my cold weather stuff on, though I'll open it up.  

I'll quickly glance at the party then follow Kenobi into the forest.

Sariel peers into the distance but is not able to clearly make out what the others appear to see.  "What is it?  Where are Kenobu and Giles going?"

[OOC:  I think the clouded vision is going to become a pain in my arse.] 

• Like 1