Sign in to follow this  
Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

(ooc: its meant to be. Most of them have issues depending on what you need to do and when.)

A voice is heard from a nearby tree and easily seen is a an eagle that seems to radiate its own light. "Follow the path. He must like your group for his own reasons. He rarely opens a path to his home. He can be quite aggravating at times to me, but he is a good friend of mine."

While we were traveling, did I catch any fresh meat that an eagle might be interested in?  If so, and the eagle is within toss distance, I'd like to toss it up there. 

Ooc (yep, that's me, Mr. Smarmy)

"Thank you! Do you have a name we can call him by?"

(Sure you can have that happened)

The eagle chuckles "Oh no. I would not wreck that surprise for all the world. I have a much larger sense of humor than he does. Until he informs of his name just him sir or general. He does enjoy many of the finer things though he does adore this forest a great deal and will defend it fiercely. Enjoy the walk. It should be only a few minutes at most."

• Like 1

Sariel nods in deference to the eagle.  "My thanks for the information and guidance."

Glancing ahead at the path, Sariel shoulders his pack and begins to follow the proscribed route.

Ciron takes a moment to retrieve the dagger that he hurled earlier, remove his heavier garments and stow them in his pack, and then he hurries to catch up with the others.

After a walk of no more than maybe five minutes though the distance to the edge seems like it should have been longer you approach what appears to be a fine manor. The man turns slight so that his blue eyes regard you all calmly. "Thanatos informed me he was sending people my way for advice  on the rising threat to this world. Would you like to some in and enjoy some refreshments?"

Sariel bows his head in deference.  "Your offer of refreshment is most welcome after our journey here.  Thank you sir.  We have been traveling for just over a week.  Is there a place available so that we could make ourselves more presentable to your hospitality?  I would hate to soil your receiving room."

Edited by Qwyksilver

He smirks and leads them in "You must have been speaking with that featherhead I call friend. He is the only one who would mention calling me General. Elena!"

A small humanoid looking fox appears dressed in the robes of an eastern country. She speaks softly with a deep bow "My lord"

He chuckles " Fetch some some ale and beer for my guests. Some snacks as well."

Now she frowns and scolds him softly "It is far too early for you to be getting drunk. I shall bring it, but do not get drunk in front of your guests. I shall also bring out tea in case any of them have more refined tastes than you."

She turns and walks away looking serene once more. The man shakes his golden head "The only servant I would never dismiss for doing so. She is also my house bard amongst many other duties."

He leads the group to a sitting area which is richly appointed as was the rest of the house. It appears this man could easily dwell anywhere he chose and has a taste for only the very finest of luxuries. He sits and gestures for everyone else to sit as they wish "Now what brings you into my area and my humble abode."

• Like 1

Kenobou sits as bidden, folding his hands neatly in his lap, as close to a non-threatening posture as a sorcerer can manage really, head tilted ever so slightly to the side. "to put things plainly, we came because of a rumor first and foremost, and of the knowledge that no undead can manage to penetrate these lands. I myself was hoping for something of a magical nature that could perhaps be learned and put to use in protecting others in other places, against the undead."

"Neither undead or fiends can enter. I generally like my home to be secure. Well my home on this plane that is and as for learning it  I don't know if I can teach it. I just do it. You would need to ask Fatin or Sequoya about those kinds of details. Sequoya is rarely spoken of since the war. I believe mortals lost track of him and simply forgot he existed to an extent."

He paused "But I would suggest only speaking with him as a last resort if you are in dire need of the answers he provides. He never gives things out. He will make you earn the answer to each question you put to him. He believes all should work for knowledge and he does not hand it out to those he views as unworthy of such things. Fatin tends to be busy with her duties and I would not suggest pestering her unless things are even more dire."

He glanced at the group in a bemused way and looked faintly curious "Why would a group as odd as yourselves seek such answers? Undead tend to be easy to defeat and pose little threat against the seasoned fighters."

"General sir, the so called emperor has invaded most of the continent, he is now invading our country. He uses foul undead as troops. "

"I came to the city on a trip to maybe look for a cure for my best friend, and it seems the Guardian of the Tree had plans for me... For us. We were sent here. To you."

"he speaks true. I had no notion of this when I left my home...some time ago, for quite different reasons, but as I traveled, rumors reached my ears, followed by more than rumors. I even met a few refugees who told me more. I am no saint, nor have I any desire to be a hero or even be remembered after I am gone, save by my friends and family, but I do have people I care for, and it made some sense to continue following the stars which led me to these lands, to stand against evil on this foreign soil, to preserve the peace of those behind me."

• Like 1

Sariel sighs deeply.  "Were that it was only a few shambling zombies or skeletons.  This so-called Emperor is bringing an army of the undead to bear on Eisgen Nordon.  They seek to blight the land with their unliving abominations.  Worse still, this Emperor is merely a vassal of Neban, who seeks to walk this land again."