Sign in to follow this  
Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

The man froze at the name and at the same time Elena entered with a few unseen servants to place down the snacks and start serving the desired beverages. She froze at the the name. Her eyes widened in horror at the name and then began serving. Seeming to somehow know which beverage would be preferred though her hands trembled slightly.

The temperature in the room seemed to skyrocket to unbearably hot before it plummeted back down just as swiftly. He now looked at the group with hard eyes "You now have my undivided attention. That treacherous one is breaking free after all theses years? That at would make sense now for why such an odd group was tapped and sent to me."

"So it seems" he said quitely before thanking Elena in their shared native tongue. After taking a polite sip he set his drink aside frowning slightly. " I am not sure what good we will do in prevention, but I know I must try."

"I'm sorry, I beg your pardons, but who is breaking free? I thought it was just the emperor and some necromancers...."  

The man pounds his fist on a mantle "Neban is far far worse. Only 1 thing has nearly destroyed her and that was centuries ago. Neban is a fallen celestial dragon who became a dracolich and a fiend. A very powerful fiend. My sister died trying to kill her and only managed to seal that beast away for centuries. If she is behind this and backing it then the emperor is the least of your worries."

Elena stepped froward "If you will beg my pardon the Dawnsword was unbreakable. If recovered then it could be of great aid to them. I apologize for my silence. I originally served his sister and her death was a blow to many. Pleas ask questions so that you may garner all the aid we are allowed to give you."

"dawnsword?" He asked quietly, brow arched "Magically speaking, nothing is unbreakable. No spell can be cast by god or man that can not, given time, and energy, be unwoven and nothing can not be unmade, but that is a subject of theory not practice. Tell of this dawnsword, and how it might be of use?"

Elena bowed slightly "The original owner was my mistress, Aurora. She was the goddess of the dawn and new beginnings. She was very kind and always saw the best in others. She was not suited to going into battle with Neban. The Dawnsword is more like a pair. Its a butterfly sword and was her personal weapon."

"Every god and archfiend has something that can destroy them. In most cases it is a weapon. So long as they live that item cannot be destroyed. In order for it to be destroyable the being it is meant to be able to harm has to be killed. It is a way to keep the power of the gods in check to an extent so they do not grow too arrogant. We don't know all the weapons for every god or archfiend. The Dawnsword is known more due to my mistress was excellent at sensing such thing."

She sighed and took a deep breath before continuing her speech "This blade or set of blades has powers not fully known to me as it was not mine to bear. It would likely be hidden someplace safe and hidden from the emperor. Also hidden from Neban. I believe it is either hidden in Glasmala's monastary or in the palace of Nihon. If you find it I am sure it coud grant you victory in the hands of one who is trained in the ways of battle."

Thorgrimm slowly stands up, "Then we must find this Dawnsword and slay Neban. If I must I will go alone, or I can act as a decoy if need be while the rest of you find Dawnsword."

"If this is the only means to slay Neban, than she will also be sending agents to seek it's location.  This shall be no easy task.  While I have heard of these lands, I have never been there.  I do not care the distance or the danger.  She must be stopped before she rings the world in fire and unnatural death.

Sir, I thank you for your hospitality, but it seems we have many miles to cover, and much to do."

"I'm sorry, but before we leave, General, do you know where can we find information on this Neban? I try to never hunt a beast that I know little of."

He sighed "I know her very well. She once helped lead my forces into battle. Thus the gods cannot help on this fight. She knows every move I would lead them and the celestials in. She would be able to counter them all. Thus as we did when were mortal for a span we will trust in the mortals we lead to keep the world from falling. She is very cunning it was only her lust for power that led to her fall."

He finally sat down "Rest for the night here and head out tomorrow at dawn. A very appropriate time for seeking the blades of my sister. As for Neban I will distract her, but it will not last forever. She will still seek you out as well eventually and you may not have a choice about who wields the blades. Such weapons sometimes choose their master and I cannot say at this time who amongst you they might choose."

"Neban was a very powerful celestial dragon and then she started to crave to be a deity herself. She sought ways to heighten her power so that she could become one. In her seeking she became a dracolich and betrayed us all. She opened up the celestial realms to a fiendish invasion. We pushed them back and uncovered her treachery. In punishment she was stripped of her celestial rank and banished. She turned to the fiends and became a fiend. She was on the rise to becoming an Archfiend, their version of us gods, when my sister went after her. It was a battle to recall and in the end Neban was bound into a temple. We never found my sister or her blades."

He turned towards them once again "Does this answer your questions or do you have more?

"It answers all my questions, and leaves me with much to ponder, and some more regrets for a misspent youth. You would think one who lived his life in a shrine, of a family of scholars, healers, and priests, would be able to recognize when he is in the presence of the divine. More the fool am I eh?"

"Fighting gods and demons and celestials... The dawnsword is just 1 weapon. What happens if it's wielder falls like," he looks at Elena, "excuse me, but falls like your mistress?"

"Then the next one of us in line picks it up and keeps fighting until we no longer draw breath and leave this world to meet our gods, or Neban and her threat to this world is vanquished."

• Like 1