Sign in to follow this  
Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

"With Neban, death would be a mercy and a welcome option, one she and her Emperor chose not to exercise.  There are far worse things than simply dying at their hands."

Edited by Qwyksilver

"Death occurs to everyone.  It is a natural state and part of the cycle all living things must pass through.  Neban and her pet Emperor seek to violate this natural order with their undead taint, creating more and more abominations every day.  It is hard to feel hope knowing that every friend that falls in this quest will potentially rise again to thwart your efforts.  But so long as there is light left in this world, there will be someone to stand against this rising darkness."  

As Sariel speaks, and his emotions break through his calm facade, a nimbus of light begins to slowly grow brighter and brighter, forming a halo of light around his head.

Appaliunas stands upright "My servants shall see you are taken care of this night. As you have guessed I am Appaliunas. My offer is I will cause a stir and distract long enough for you to get a start. That is all I can offer. I learned very personally in the last war to take this world that mortals are frequently the key to saving us all. You may be mortal, but at times there are things we gods can do nothing about. You are clever, quick and run the whole gambit of morals. You were drawn to each other for reasons you do not know, but your skills may be what saves this world once more. Do you have any questions or will you go to rest for the night?"

• Like 2

Okay moving forward. In the morning you are all given a hearty breakfast. The small female fox leads you to the edge of the forest. She smiles softly "With you on your journey Appaliunas has much to do. As he said he can only buy you so much of a headstart. Here is a map. It has the monastery marked on it. I wish you luck on your journey. Go with speed and stay in good health."

Then she steps back away after handing over the map. She seems to be alert for anything currently.

(Base on your info you will nee to head south and east in order to reach the pass you have to go through. 

• Like 1

The area has one of the more disreputable lycan clans in it. They enjoy trying to turn people sometimes for their own amusement. Otherwise it is mostly standard for this northern area. Various creatures like frost worms, icy ankhegs and remorhazs are along the route. More to the point there are rumors a very large (far larger than normal) Frost Drake holds the pass currently

• Like 1

As you walk the frozen paths that lead to the pass to the south you keep a wary eye out. Sometimes you see various animals move nearby and at one point you see a pack with wolves with an uncanny amount of intelligence in them. The leader seems to watch your party for a long moment before nodding briefly to you and turning to lead his pack on a hunt.

A few days later you get the distinct feeling of unfriendly eyes watching you. It is almost like you are being stalked.

[Perception please. I will move the post on by Saturday based on replies]

Alright. The 22 has it.

Thorgrimm thinks he sees something moving in the snow. It looks like a small group of two decent sized wolverines and a quick glance tells you they are trying to flank you. 

The rest of feel like you are being stalked and are unable to shake the feeling of being hunted despite not seeing anything.