Sign in to follow this  
Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

Ravendia topples the last one and find herself standing over another dead body. For the group this is certainly unexpected for a meeting and she is wearing the symbol of the White Dragon Clan from along the glaciers even further north than most of the clans.

The other rat turned into a male. (I am presuming though he may still snarl that Ken would not waste a magical attack on a dead enemy]

Treasure:

4 Gold

60 Silver

MW Leather Armor

Leather Armor

Short sword x2

Buckler x2

Potion

Glancing over at the man who is an obvious native, Ravendia inquires 'Are you guiding these outsiders?  Couldn't you keep them away from the rats a bit longer.  Rats so scare outsiders."  She shakes her head and her hood falls off, showing obvious ifrit features.  Her blade slides smoothly into it's scabbard and she checks out the men.  'Hmm couple bites there. interesting."

She searches (helps search) the dead and neatly lays her findings out beside them.

Edited by Teskeria

Attack:  1d20+2 = 20

Damage: 1d8+2 = 10  Poor man's crit!

Sariel tightens the grip on his morning star and drives the head of his weapon into the rat that just lunged at him with a vicious underhand swing!

Now that Sariel has assured himself that the rat is dead... In all honesty this looks like it was a scouting pair or guards who took advantage of the strangers in their territory and intended to do the usual and got met with a stiffer fight than they thought it would be.

(no, he wouldn't spend a magic attack on the dead. He has a stick for that.)

The fight over, he promptly sat, almost falling in fact, and quickly cast a small spell upon himself to clean out the bite wound as best possible for one who had very very rudimentary training as a healer. "That wasn't fun. Can we go back to dealing with the undead? it hurt less"

• Like 1

"Ken and Thorgrimm, were you the only ones to take wounds?"  Sariel questions.  "Please, let me see to them."

[OOC] Are wererats and their bites common knowledge, particularly the diseases? Sariel will use his Heal skill to treat disease to give Ken and Thorgrimm bonuses to their saves if he is aware of the disease.  Otherwise, I will CLW each of them. [/OOC]

I can rule it well known. I mean rats are fairly common and the fact they carry Filth Disease should be fairly well known. The bigger worry likely would be the fact they were Lycanthropes and could have inflicted lycanthropy on the pair...

In a country known to be full of lycanthropes and really quite a few of the citizens are natural lycanthropes. Yeah its common to this area at the very least. And this is a known country so people are aware of the condition, also Giles mentioned it when he considered the swiftest route. He aid there was a clan in the path that liked to inflict it on travelers in their territory.

Eyes the new comer intently.

"Your mighty handy with that blade. Would you mind terriblely telling your intent? I would hate to have to battle you after you just helped us out and thank you by the way for the help. That rat seemed to heal after I hit it with my hammer. "

(I will let Sariel do his 'voodoo' on me if he feels it is needed if not, do not waste it on me. See to other in more need. )

Giles will move closer to the newcomer, "hello, thanks for your help back there!" Looks at Thorgrimm, "relax Thorgrimm, our new friend here is helping, therefore, not an undead, and presumably a 'thrope. I'm Giles, the salty dwarf is Thorgrimm. The handy one helping Ken with his wounds is Sariel." I introduce everyone while shaking the rogues hand and pointing with the end of my bow. 

Well of course it wasn't keeping the damage.  your blade is not of silver and therefore, wererats like those take less damage if any from it.  I despise wererats.  I have good friends in some of the other clans, but rats. ugh!

I am Ravendia Dragonsdotter of the White Dragon Clan.  My father is Glassblower.   This is not a safe land for those unused to lycans.  Most are good people of course.  But I have yet to meet a wererat that wasn't scum.

"Shinyo Kenobou" He said with as much of a smile as he could muster at the moment. "People call me Ken, which works well enough." Frowning he muttered a few words, and under his hands, the blood faded away from his clothing. "Bastard put a hole in my best pants...and my best leg, gonna be limping for a bit I fear, unless one of your spells can patch that up a bit"

"Ravendia, my thanks for coming to our aid."  Sariel kneels down and removes a satchel from within his backpack.  Opening the kit, he removes a number of salves, wraps and ointments.  "It is not just the physical wounds I have concern about.  Rats are known to carry a number of diseases, and these are not simply mere rats.  Their bite carries far more dangerous infections."

Ken:

Cure Light Wounds:  1d8+1 = 8

Heal Check (Treat Disease): 1d20+7 +2 (Healing Kit) = 24

Thorgrimm:

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+1 = 5

Heal Check (Treat Disease): 1d20+7 +2 (Healing Kit) = 19

• Like 1

"Indeed. Disease is bad enough. I have seen enough, my sister is a very capable healer, much like yourself, and I have accompanied her to see to the wounded and sick before. The worst was a bite, much like this, but from a dog that had gone mad. It had festered and turned septic. Thankfully she had ointments and salves to take care of that, for I understand she spent all her magical efforts on combating the disease itself, while I hunted down the animal....That was a long time ago, I had all but forgotten it. Funny how things like this trigger ones memories" As the healing magics took effect, he stretched his leg out and smilled ever so slightly, for the pain had gone completley. "well, looks like I can keep up with you for a while yet. My thanks"