Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

"you might" He said with another grin. "I intend to cook mine. Which reminds me, I really do need to check around town for more traveling supplies, Master Brokenpaw, where might one find a general store?"

• Like 1

Sariel smiles, a nearly feral grin, at great odds with his otherwise serene appearance. "Keeping those abominations at bay is not nearly enough.  But if we can find a way to use whatever is in that forest to buy this army enough time to wipe the stain of the Emperor and his Master from this land, you can count me in." 

• Like 1

He ponders "Depends you want the one the locals use or the one the travelers use. They sell different supplies really. Well not by much, but just enough to that it does make a slight difference. As for the forest I truly wish we knew what lay within it, but the last time someone decided they were going to prove nothing could protect the trees from his axe... well they found his body. It looked like he had gotten into a fight with someone who used fire on their blades. He lost and the left him outside the forset as a warning"

He glanced at Sariel and then the others. His voice dropped to a whisper "May daughter claims she saw a light in the depths of the forest, but had no idea what it was. She says the forest seems to welcome those who don't have dark allegiances or ties to undeath. She also told me do not try and cut a tree down. Picking up fallen branches is fine, but do not harm the trees. That triggers some kind of angry reaction from whatever it is that dwells there."

Then he smiled at Thorgrimm "And yes dwarf you will need a sleeping bag and rations. Though you could hunt along the way, but you best be wary of what you hunt as killing a totem animal on that clan's land is cause for a battle."

"Well, i for one, master dwarf, feel much more comfortable surrounded by nature, than these wood walls. Master Brokenpaw, before we head to the general store, then to the woods may I buy another round?

• Like 1

"All I really require is some dried foods. Dried grain and beans perhaps. Trail rations keep one going, but I grew up in civilized company, and find I prefer a meal that offers more than just a full belly" After a moment consideration he adds "also perhaps a length of rope"

• Like 1

Dirk nods to Ciron "Take him with and go the to the Gilded Runner General Store. For northerners he'll sell whatever you need without questions. Foreigners get grilled by him and he is cunning at getting his questions answered. Part of being fox clan you know."

Then he chuckled "Of course Giles. Its a silver per mug. Meals are the same. It costs because I don't water my drink and I serve the meals with fresh ingredients not days old ones."

Ooc how many is here? 4 +bartender?

I'll buy a drink for everyone before we head out.

OOC:: Roughly that.

When you make the purchase you see them perk up and look a bit more eager even the dwarf in the corner. Though he looks a touch more dour than the others even at the prospect of a free beer. The natives of this country can tell he is a member of the bear cavalry and might have a high rank within them. Dirk nods "Safe Journeys to the lot of you. Travel carefully there is no predicting what that mad Emperor might try to pull.:

Dirk leans forward on the bar "Of course. What do you need from me?"

He looks curious and interested in what Thorgrimm has to say and ask

"an hour then" Kenobou says with a nod before finishing his drink and heading out to purchase the little goods he wanted. It would be interesting traveling with others. He had done very little of that since his self imposed exile. Still, he did not know these people yet, and it was easy to decide he would leave them thinking him human for the time being, unless dire circumstances prevented that. A bit of a shame, he was not much of a woodsman, and hunting was so much easier when in his fox shape. That and a single rabbit made for a days food travelling that way. The human body was far more versatile, but it's very size made it less efficient in some ways

"Dirk, please send word to my ship just outside the harbor that she should sail to the next port. I will catch up as I can. Also, who is the dwarf over in the corner?" He rubs his bare chin casting nervous glances over at the dwarf. 

• Like 1

"Sending word should be no problem."

He glanced at the dwarf "That is Balgor Iceheart. One the most well-known dwarves in this country. He leads both his clan and most of the bear-riders. Not exactly the most cheerful of people, but once his respect is won it is won permanently. Only thing better is win his friendship, but that has not happened in years!"

He chuckled with a glance at the dwarf again who simply drinks his ale as food is brought to his table.

Ciron finishes his ale and looks around at the group standing near by. "So who was it that needed to go to the general store?"