Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

After all the discussions, advice, and shopping the group finds itself at the western gate. With a little over a week of travel to reach the forest and a country with undead likely crawling over it could be an interesting journey. 

OOC

Feel free to add in descriptions  of what you are doing while traveling until you are attacked...

And yes I guarantee at least 1 attack during the trip

• Like 3

The road was nothing new to him. he had traveled a long long ways by now. Most of it on his own, though when he did, he had advantages at his disposal that his current companions knew nothing of. Still he had some understanding now on the ways of making camp and would put them to use. As they traveled, he would chat cheerfully. Telling his story of how he came to be so far from home, and even demonstrating some of the more basic uses of his magics  should it be asked of him. Though of course nothing combative, though he would assure his companions he had one of those as well.

Giles will wait until they get a good ways away from the city then start looking for food for dinner or to supplement dinner. "It's good to save that dried stuff for an emergency... Or at least that's what my dad used to say."

Other than that, I'm friendly with everyone, even the more dour people.

"Oh I agree, fresh is always better, but alas, I am not familiar enough with the area to know what plants are edible. I am not one for taking chances. I remember having to help my sister once with the healing of a child that ate some kind of mushroom. For several hours the poor child was locked in a living nightmare of pain and hallucinations.  Now, if we could catch us some nice rabbit or game birds."

I am constantly scanning the horizon looking for trouble, "keeping a weather eye out". I keep to myself, barely listening to the "yammering landlubbers". Persuader in my hand at the ready.

Sariel will travel along quietly as the path leads him and his journey unfolds in quiet deliberation.  If engaged, he is warm and energetic and full of life, he practically radiates with vitality.  But he enjoys his quiet contemplation of life's mysteries.  If the topic of the undead is raised, his calm and serene demeanor will be quickly replaced by a smoldering rage.  He will not hide his hatred for the abominations and there will be an almost imperceptible glow framing his head.  (Halo)

The days seem to move peacefully, but there is a tension in the air. Knowing undead and army are in the country it can only be a matter of time until you come across a wandering group. This day the air seems particularly crisp and you have managed to come within a day of the forest and even from here there seems to a glow within the depths it is visible even from here. It seems to be warm and beckoning, but still a day away easily.

[Perception checks please]

The crisp air has him feeling alive and happy, His eyes as often as not turned towards the sky above as the countryside around him. Blissfully unaware of things around him (preception check 2+2 =4)

[brain kicked in finally]

Everyone except Kenobu sees approaching a pair of skeletons (one appears to be ablaze only slightly), a stumbling rotting corpse, and human wearing shades of blue and carrying a warhammer. They seem to be heading straight for your small band

[aaaand that would bring us to initiative]

OOC::

Don't worry about posting in the other thread. I will answer questions over there as well.

For those familiar with his actions it is familiar in areas he has conquered. This would mean he is treating the country as conquered even though he has not won battle yet.

• Like 1