Sign in to follow this  
Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

Initiative: d20 +3 = 21

(Mental Note: Keep this d20 quarantined from the other dice before their bad juju infects it.)

(Wager: First combat roll made is going to be single digits.)

• Like 2

Initiative Order

Skeleton

Sariel: 21

Ciron: 15

Cleric

Giles: 14

Burning Skeleton

Kenobu: 11

Zombie

Thorgrimm: 4

We'll do this as swiftly as possible. If you know what you will be doing you may post it in advance and I'll just organize based on where you are in the turn. Blue will be the GM giving responses/rulings to actions in combat and Red will be the enemy acting

The Enemy is still about 50 feet out and on your right. They are coming from the north.

The skelton advances 30' towards you. The others will be doing the same as their turns come up. If one of you closes the distance to allow an attack in then they shall attack.

A knowledge check for a monster during combat is... A standard action?

I'll pull my bow, and fire at the burning skelly.

18+5+2(favoured enemy)=25

DMG=4+2(favoured enemy)6

Giles will yell out "go back to your own country you abominations!"

SR is correct. Knowledge checks are a free action and thus can be done in the same turn as a standard or full-round action.

Giles does indeed hit the skeleton  and though it does nick the skeleton it seemed to just slice into some of the bone. It doe snot seem to have done a lot of damage, but did do some

Flamehawke, may I act out of turn and roll a knowledge religion?

Edit: nvm I'll look into the knowledge religion next round. (I forgot to modify my character after coming up with my background for the knowledge skill)

Edited by davor

Go ahead and just make it. It is a free action so you can make it anytime. Besides I said people can just go ahead and post what they wanted to do and I would weave into a single post. I'll also when I do that signal that the next round  is starting.

• Like 1

With a look of calm, and utter contempt Kenobu raised his hand and launched a dart of energy at the leader (magic missile 1d4+1 =2) 

Alerted to the oncoming presence of the undead from his companions, Sariel grabs his morningstar from his belt and prepares for the onslaught, his head enshrouded in a brilliant nimbus of light as his halo erupts.  

"Prepare for your destruction abominations!" he cries in Celestial as he readies into a fighting stance.

[OOC:] This is where only being able to see 30 ft in front of you sucks.  I can hear them, and know they are there, just have to wait until they get a little closer to smash and blast! [/OOC]

Edited by Qwyksilver

Thorgrimm starts tapping rhythmically, hammer against shield. He starts chanting with the rhythm, he starts at a whisper and builds until he is bellowing. The words are of great deeds of great dwarfs slaying all before them. As the undead get closer he stairs the tapping, but the chanting continues.

Ciron draws his sword and a dagger; with a deft flick of his wrist, he hurls the dagger at the human that appears to be leading this group of undead.

(d20=13 + 4 dex= 17)

Initiative Order

Skeleton

Sariel: 21

Ciron: 15

Cleric

Giles: 14

Burning Skeleton

Kenobu: 11

Zombie

Thorgrimm: 4

The skeleton with no flames advances towards the party.

Alerted to the oncoming presence of the undead from his companions, Sariel grabs his morningstar from his belt and prepares for the onslaught, his head enshrouded in a brilliant nimbus of light as his halo erupts.  

"Prepare for your destruction abominations!" he cries in Celestial as he readies into a fighting stance.

Ciron draws his sword and a dagger; with a deft flick of his wrist, he hurls the dagger at the human that appears to be leading this group of undead. The dagger just barely misses and seems to catch the attention of the clerics

The cleric closes in and seems to assess the party before raising his hands in an obvious prayer. He holds his holy symbol up in a show of devotion during the spell. [Next round: Sariel will find a Dire Rat right next to him]

Giles arrow flies true and strikes the skeleton. It gives an angry shriek, as a burning piece of it seems to fly off of it. His bellow of, "Go back to your own country you abominations!", seems to garner no reaction when he bellows

The flaming skeleton seems to lock eyes on the one who struck him from afar and closes in slower than it wishes. It seems infuriated, at least if you are judging right by how the flames intensified and are now scorching the ground it is.

With a look of calm, and utter contempt Kenobu raised his hand and launched a dart of energy at the leader. The energy strikes true, but it appears that the cleric is more annoyed than badly injured.

The zombie shuffles in closed with a low groan

Thorgrimm starts tapping rhythmically, hammer against shield. He starts chanting with the rhythm, he starts at a whisper and builds until he is bellowing. The words are of great deeds of great dwarfs slaying all before them. As the undead get closer he stairs the tapping, but the chanting continues.

Alright. New round.

Sariel you have a Dire Rat next to you.

The enemy is within 20 feet now

For knowledge checks: Given the current state of the world I count Zombies and skeletons as fairly common undead. Which would mean anybody can make the knowledge check if they wish as the rules state you can make any knowledge check if the DC is 10 or less.

So though Davor and Qwyk have the best chances anybody may also make this check just for their own safety or because they can. Though identifying the Unholy Symbol will likely not be so easy and will only be open to those with Knowledge: Religion

• Like 1