Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

Recommended Posts

Initiative: d20 +3 = 21

(Mental Note: Keep this d20 quarantined from the other dice before their bad juju infects it.)

(Wager: First combat roll made is going to be single digits.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initiative Order

Skeleton

Sariel: 21

Ciron: 15

Cleric

Giles: 14

Burning Skeleton

Kenobu: 11

Zombie

Thorgrimm: 4

 

We'll do this as swiftly as possible. If you know what you will be doing you may post it in advance and I'll just organize based on where you are in the turn. Blue will be the GM giving responses/rulings to actions in combat and Red will be the enemy acting

 

The Enemy is still about 50 feet out and on your right. They are coming from the north.

 

The skelton advances 30' towards you. The others will be doing the same as their turns come up. If one of you closes the distance to allow an attack in then they shall attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A knowledge check for a monster during combat is... A standard action?

 

I'll pull my bow, and fire at the burning skelly.

 

18+5+2(favoured enemy)=25

DMG=4+2(favoured enemy)6

 

Giles will yell out "go back to your own country you abominations!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SR is correct. Knowledge checks are a free action and thus can be done in the same turn as a standard or full-round action.

 

Giles does indeed hit the skeleton  and though it does nick the skeleton it seemed to just slice into some of the bone. It doe snot seem to have done a lot of damage, but did do some

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flamehawke, may I act out of turn and roll a knowledge religion?

 

Edit: nvm I'll look into the knowledge religion next round. (I forgot to modify my character after coming up with my background for the knowledge skill)

Edited by davor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go ahead and just make it. It is a free action so you can make it anytime. Besides I said people can just go ahead and post what they wanted to do and I would weave into a single post. I'll also when I do that signal that the next round  is starting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a look of calm, and utter contempt Kenobu raised his hand and launched a dart of energy at the leader (magic missile 1d4+1 =2) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alerted to the oncoming presence of the undead from his companions, Sariel grabs his morningstar from his belt and prepares for the onslaught, his head enshrouded in a brilliant nimbus of light as his halo erupts.  

 

"Prepare for your destruction abominations!" he cries in Celestial as he readies into a fighting stance.

 

[OOC:] This is where only being able to see 30 ft in front of you sucks.  I can hear them, and know they are there, just have to wait until they get a little closer to smash and blast! [/OOC]

Edited by Qwyksilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thorgrimm starts tapping rhythmically, hammer against shield. He starts chanting with the rhythm, he starts at a whisper and builds until he is bellowing. The words are of great deeds of great dwarfs slaying all before them. As the undead get closer he stairs the tapping, but the chanting continues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ciron draws his sword and a dagger; with a deft flick of his wrist, he hurls the dagger at the human that appears to be leading this group of undead.

 

 

(d20=13 + 4 dex= 17)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initiative Order

Skeleton

Sariel: 21

Ciron: 15

Cleric

Giles: 14

Burning Skeleton

Kenobu: 11

Zombie

Thorgrimm: 4

 

The skeleton with no flames advances towards the party.

 

Alerted to the oncoming presence of the undead from his companions, Sariel grabs his morningstar from his belt and prepares for the onslaught, his head enshrouded in a brilliant nimbus of light as his halo erupts.  

 

"Prepare for your destruction abominations!" he cries in Celestial as he readies into a fighting stance.

 

Ciron draws his sword and a dagger; with a deft flick of his wrist, he hurls the dagger at the human that appears to be leading this group of undead. The dagger just barely misses and seems to catch the attention of the clerics

 

The cleric closes in and seems to assess the party before raising his hands in an obvious prayer. He holds his holy symbol up in a show of devotion during the spell. [Next round: Sariel will find a Dire Rat right next to him]

 

Giles arrow flies true and strikes the skeleton. It gives an angry shriek, as a burning piece of it seems to fly off of it. His bellow of, "Go back to your own country you abominations!", seems to garner no reaction when he bellows

 

The flaming skeleton seems to lock eyes on the one who struck him from afar and closes in slower than it wishes. It seems infuriated, at least if you are judging right by how the flames intensified and are now scorching the ground it is.

 

With a look of calm, and utter contempt Kenobu raised his hand and launched a dart of energy at the leader. The energy strikes true, but it appears that the cleric is more annoyed than badly injured.

 

The zombie shuffles in closed with a low groan

 

Thorgrimm starts tapping rhythmically, hammer against shield. He starts chanting with the rhythm, he starts at a whisper and builds until he is bellowing. The words are of great deeds of great dwarfs slaying all before them. As the undead get closer he stairs the tapping, but the chanting continues.

 

Alright. New round.

 

Sariel you have a Dire Rat next to you.

The enemy is within 20 feet now

 

For knowledge checks: Given the current state of the world I count Zombies and skeletons as fairly common undead. Which would mean anybody can make the knowledge check if they wish as the rules state you can make any knowledge check if the DC is 10 or less.

 

So though Davor and Qwyk have the best chances anybody may also make this check just for their own safety or because they can. Though identifying the Unholy Symbol will likely not be so easy and will only be open to those with Knowledge: Religion

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Katiepult
      Pathfinder Red Dragon #60028 is a hefty beastie and I definitely did not paint him red. Instead I tried a rainbow piece for Pride 2020 (finished 8/1/2020). Also my first painted model posted here. Pardon my photography skills. I used cut up Caryatid column #77378 for a bit of terrain on the base. My biggest metal model to date.




    • By Dan S
      I recently played and really enjoyed Pathfinder: Kingmaker (PC not tabletop), and I've had the urge to paint up some Pathfinder miniatures.  This guy is the Stag Lord (SKU 60073), I figured he would be quite appropriate as the first miniature painted up to be photographed on the ruined keep scenic backdrop I built recently.  I really enjoyed painting this guy (I am weird and enjoy painting skin tones far too much, bare chested models are always a treat).  My only regret is gluing his helmet on before painting his face, those big teeth made it really hard to get a brush inside the helmet at an angle that wasn't awkward, after a massive struggle I gave up trying to dot the eyes.
       

    • By Ooook
      A small group of Goblins to use as opponents in Sellsword & Spellslingers or any other game. 
       
      (clic on the picture to see more on my blog)
       
    • By MusicalFeline
      Well, in case you haven't noticed, I'm on a bit of a goblin streak. Those pyros were fun, but now it's the Pathfinder Goblin Warriors!
       
      As I did previously, I took a picture of them out in the backyard, just to see how they'd look in as realistic of an environment as it's gonna get, another in my little "Mini pictures area" (Spoiler: It's literally just my desk with a piece of white paper behind it. Sorry to ruin the magic! ), and lastly one of my favorite goblin. Any constructive criticism is welcome!
       
      Sidenote: I'm still not confident enough to try out eyes. I'll get to that eventually. 
       



    • By HolkDiggity
      The Cleric in my D&D group leveled up and acquired the Spiritual Guardian skill. He needed a model to represent his Guardian. Honaire looks so cool, but he didn't have a shield. I found one in my bits box, and painted the symbol of his chosen Deity, Chauntea. I loved painting this because the simple palette left more room to just relax and enjoy the work.


  • Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...