Sign in to follow this  
Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

With the battle over, his shoulders slumped and he leaned heavily on his stick. "Well, that was, at a word, exciting. I could live without such excitement in the future. At least not unplanned." After catching his breath a moment he turns to Thorgrimm. "if you do not object to a bit of magic cast upon you, I can get you cleaned off in short order."

"He's harmless currently."  Sariel lifts the arm of the unconscious cleric and lets it drop limply.  "Would that I could just end his vile existence, but unfortunately, all life is sacred, even one as corrupt as his.  Unless we can consecrate the body, executing him would simply mean another unliving soldier for the Emperor and their fiendish patron.  Let the city elders try him for his crimes.  Perhaps he will provide some useful information to their forces."

Sariel sorts through the priest's possessions and lays them out on the ground for the group to see.

"Some useful items here, but unfortunately, nothing that provides any information that may aid us."

• Like 1

"where we elsewhere, I would say burn them, but what was said of this forest, I am not sure about harvesting the wood it would take..."

Ooc our countries are at war and clerics summon demons and undead... Unless we imprison him, keeping him alive he will just run amok elsewhere in the country side?

How far are we away from the city?

Edited by davor

You are about 13 days away from the city and only a day from the forest. Ciron likely recognizes the spot as on a border between the Wolf and Bear clans. If you wanted you could drag him to whatever is in the forest since it seems to resent the undead to judge.

• Like 1

At that, He began casting a simple cantrip,(prestidigitation) and set it to giving a thorough cleaning of skin, hair and clothes, which when done on Thorgrimm, he would set on himself, and anyone else whom might ask it 

"Since the forest and its dwellers here revile the unliving, we should bring the cleric to them and let them dispense with their justice.  This is their lands.  We need to separate him from his holy symbol, bind his hands and gag him so that if he is able to connect to his fiendish patron, he will be unable to wield her fell gifts."

[OOC: LOL, autocorrect tries to say unloving]

• Like 2

" I believe that Sariel has the better idea. Taking him back to the city would take up too much time. We aren't too far away from the woods that our goal; we should press on. We're also near the border of the Wolf and Bear clan, perhaps if we run into any of the clansmen, we could turn him over to them for justice. Bindings can loosen, however.; we ought to break his fingers. Doing it now while he's unconscious would be a mercy he probably doesn't deserve."

Is there anything about the man, or his clothing and possessions that remind Ciron of his imprisonment? Also, does the ivory bowl look like something that may have stolen from the Wolf clan?

Perhaps. It might be the bowl your mother brought on the negotiations to buy your freedom as is custom in the northern lands. It would be habit to have filled ti with some valuables worthy of paying for the freeing of family. Most clans accept it if they are holding slaves that belong to other clans.

On the other hand it could mean he swiped it from someone else who was attempting to follow protocol for freeing loved ones from another clan

• Like 1

"I am, for reasons you might guess at, opposed to the idea of breaking fingers.There are other ways we can handle preventing him from casting, I'm sure. Splitting him from his cursed symbol, keeping him bound, and making sure there is always someone keeping an eye on him should do. More than that, I am a little reluctant to approach whatever can be found within this forest, showing any sign of willful cruelty, lest we be judged also"

• Like 1

Sariel nods in agreement.  "Separating him from his holy piece will sadly not prevent him from communing with his patron, it is merely a focus.  But I agree he should not be allowed to carry it.  As much as the sentiment sounds satisfying, I do not feel comfortable so cruelly disabling him, even if he would not hesitate to do the same to us.  We would prove we are no worse than he if we break his fingers.  Binding, gagging, and blindfolding him should suffice along with an armed guard at all times.  If he does make an attempt to attack us, or summons more fell beasts to his side, he will no longer be a prisoner, but an enemy combatant, and we are no longer honor bound to spare his life."

• Like 1

"think nothing of it. I am by no means a powerful sorcerer, but I can, and will use what I can do to assist my companions and those about me."