Sign in to follow this  
Flamehawke

Alae Ignigena Noctis: The Rise of Neban

The cleric shows no signs of waking anytime soon.

The light in the forest has remained the same though upon looking you can see further up a flash of what appears to be fire and light.  It flashes in a manner that seems to go about half the distance from your current. The sound of baying hounds can be heard briefly along with he warmth of a summer day being felt. When it retracts you can see grass  and still feel some lingering warmth in the area.

"Something strange is in this place." He said with a slight sniff at the air, his eyes darting about. "strange, but I think not evil..."

Ciron shrugs, "I disagree about this wretch, but so be it. We're gonna need to wake him up in order to continue, though. Unless one of you is planning on carrying him."

"Wrap a rope around its neck and drag it to the forest and leave it there," I'll say as I grab a rope and start tieing it.

Instead of tieing it around his neck, I'll tie it around/under his arms to drag him.

"What would he do to us were we in his position? What would those foul walking death do to us? How about the unprotected innocent?"

Looking abashed, "I'm sorry Kenobou, you are right."

I'll change the tow rope into something that we can 'hog-tie'him into. Bind his hands behind his back, tie his legs so he can only walk by moving his knees, then hopefully have enough for a leash.

That done, I want to gag him, then blindfold him.

As sariel suggested, divest the cleric of his unholy symbol, preferably without touching it.

When walking, I will guide him to try to stop him from tripping.

"Would someone wake this fiend up?"

While normally his smile was one of cheer and jesting, now it was one of understanding and sympathy. "Knowing the evil of one's enemy may make it easy to justify inflicting similar on them when the chance presents itself, but repaying cruelty with cruelty, evil with evil, stains the soul and can all to swiftly turn one into the monsters they once stood against....." With that he laughed and shook his head "hmm, not bad, I guess growing up in a shrine has it's uses after all"

• Like 1

The cleric seems absolutely terrified as you force lead him closer to the wood. Tugging back on the woods and almost dragging his heels in his fear of it.

As you approach you can see a man about 5-10' into the woods seeming to talk to someone. The man seems to glow slightly and the forest looks like it is in high summer despite it being very much the dead of winter. You can hear some quarreling going on in celestial.

Celestial

"Absolutely not Herne. I will not tolerate this intrusion onto my home. I have laid claim to these woods for centuries stretching back to before the war. I will not surrender them to your hunts. I can keep fiends and undead out very neatly myself."

"Come now. Surely a small hunt will cause no trouble and I can guard your coastline."

"Absolutely not Herne! Find something else to amuse yourself."

A bellow of laughter and a sly tone emerges as he switches to common "If you insist my dear friend"

Emerging from the woods is a familiar man to one of you. At his heels is a pack of hounds and a nightmare is trotting along as he mounts up. As the nightmare pauses next to the party he grins broadly. "good to see you found your army to help you out. I'm claiming the cleric. He should make excellent prey for my hunt since I'm denied here

"uhh, what?" Baffled and bewildered he leaned on his walking stick looking at what was happening around him. Suddenly rather a little unsure of himself.

Sariel turns to Kenobu.  "I believe the Forest Guardian we are seeking was speaking with this man, Herne, about hunting the minions of Neban within these woods.  The Guardian has denied Herne's request.  I believe he has seen the cleric we have in our possession and is claiming him as prey for his next hunt…"

Sariel recognizes who he is talking about and drops to a knee and bows his head.

In a hushed tone he whispers, "This is not a man…"

• Like 1

The man grins "I am a man, but I am not mortal. Don't bow to me. I rule no one. Where would be the fun in that. I prefer to find delightful challenges and sometimes enjoy a really strong ale! And yes I want to play with the cleric. Mayhap a few years amusing me and my hounds off and on will cause him to rethink the path he has taken."

One of the hounds rolls over for someone to give a belly rub while the nightmare snorts and then makes a sound that almost sounds like it is laughing at the cleric's predicament.

"So long as you treat him with no more cruelty than he deserves, you can have him and I for one will be glad to be quit of him" With that he knelt, not to bow, but to give the hound a vigorous belly rub. The shock of meeting a god, even though it was not his own, in the flesh, having seemed to pass as quickly  as it came, and with it's passing went any sense of reverence he might have expected to feel. 

"What say the rest of you? May I have that cleric for my own. I am well aware of his transgressions and how he has hurt his own family with his devotion to a fiend. As for how cruel it all depends on how you view being hunted but not slain over and over again." 

Herne looks bemused as the dog wiggles happily and the tail wags crazily. It even leans up to lick Ken in the face sometimes

Sariel answers Herne,

"If I had not heard your conversation with the Guardian of these Wood," Sariel waves his hand in the direction of the Forest.    "I would be inclined to let you have this man.  I have no love for those who serve the fiend, and show no respect for the living or dead.  But we are on the border of his lands, and are seeking audience with him.  It would be in poor form to disregard his wishes knowing now, how he feels."

Sariel pauses and considers.

"I cannot speak for the rest of my companions, and cannot stop them if they chose to turn him over to you, but I will not be a party to it."

Edited by Qwyksilver