I've been seeing this in my box of goodies for a very long time.

I avoided painting it after several other members did theirs.

My turn !

I'm heading towards the greens for the cloak, and will wing it for the other components.

Love the dynamics of this Sculpt.

Was a BEAR to glue together though!

He has been washed, and primed.

post-12655-0-24417700-1422896719.jpg

post-12655-0-85920100-1422896719.jpg

• Like 14

awesome sculpt.  I'm excited to see what you do.  you should paint him a dog animal companion.  He looks like he is saying "GOOD DOG!"

• Like 3

I really like this sculpt. Rated it pretty highly in a review and had a lot of fun converting and painting mine.

This is the one I painted- (spoilered to avoid confusion)

garrus.jpg

Edited by CreganTur
  • Like 3

I am looking forward to this one..and I promise to not ask for Hunter Orange this time... :devil:

Editted to remove unwanted content!

Edited by robinh
  • Like 3

I really like this sculpt. Rated it pretty highly in a review and had a lot of fun converting and painting mine.

This is the one I painted- (spoilered to avoid confusion)

garrus.jpg

Thank you for clearing up the confusion.

You did one heck of a job on this..

Flames.. kathud..

• Like 3

It is amazing to me how easy it is to start painting a miniature when the temperature outside is 18F, with high winds..ROFL.

I was going NO where this morning; except to my paint desk with my mornings coffee !

I am adoring this sculpt.  Dynamic is an understatement !

I painted in the blue eyes and the flesh base on the face and hands.

I also lined the figure.

I know that there are many opinions of how to line, what to line, and where to line.

I use my lining to isolate and highlight for my eye, those portions of the figure that I want to accent, and isolate.

The plumes, armor details, the deep folds (with their extreme highlighting).  I also use it as a balancing tool

to draw my eye around the sculpture like I want my paint to do. 

I get a feeling of balance with the figure.

You may or may not follow what I mean here, but it is what I am doing in my head.

Enough explanation.  Here is the next stage in my painting of the High Elf Warrior.

post-12655-0-95092100-1422980754.jpg

post-12655-0-49295000-1422980757.jpg

post-12655-0-70447900-1422980759.jpg

post-12655-0-34287900-1422980761.jpg

• Like 6

It is amazing the motivation that horrendous weather conditions can supply. He of Pointy Ears is coming along VERY NICELY. Having recently seen a painted version of Himself over on L.A.F., I know just how cool he can be. Have FUN with the Elf...no double entendre in tended.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 3

It is amazing to me how easy it is to start painting a miniature when the temperature outside is 18F, with high winds..ROFL.

I was pretty upset yesterday when everything BUT the library closed with around 2' of snowfall. I mean, I'm prepared for it with my 4WD, snowthrower and wood stove, but still...I was hoping to have a day to sit by the wood stove and paint!

I understand what you're saying about lining. I can get caught up in it, too, helps get a feel for the sculpt and direct your value choices later on.

• Like 3