• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      After a hiatus I am writing a blog post to help my sanity! This next post is all about brushes and brush care. 

So my question to you fellow painters is: If/when you are/were new to painting what would you like to know or would like to have known about brushes?
    • By dks
      I really like Julie Guthrie's rendition of the peryton, a monster (part deer, part eagle, all vicious) that casts the shadow of a human instead of a bird, and eats the hearts of its victims.
      Reaper released the peryton in metal (03702) and in Bones plastic (77392).

When I taught my "Fur, Feathers, and Scales" class at ReaperCon 2018, I used the Bones version of the peryton to demonstrate techniques for painting feathers, inspired by real-world birds. 
      And recently I decided to paint the whole thing, as I had intended to do all along.
      I ran a WIP thread about it -- read it here. [edited link 3/29/19]

This is the result:

(No, I didn't paint in a humanoid shadow under it.  I just think it wouldn't have been legible on this small base and rocky terrain.  Idea for a diorama, free for the taking: 1 or 2 perytons attacking adventurers on a plateau, with the humanoid shadows of the rest of the flock unseen but implied above.)

Anyway ... Enjoy!
      Derek
    • By Harrek
      So the new Artis Opus KS is live.  It can be found here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/artis-opus/artis-opus-series-m-brush-set

Be curious what people's opinions are on the "smaller" brushes they are doing here.  I've always been taught go for a brush with a larger belly and a good point over something like these.

Also how people like the previous ones to see if they were worth the price.
    • By Pochi
      I painted the Bones Black, Bones, and Wizkids owlbears as Great Horned Owls. This is the Wizkids owlbear. When you put the three together, they make a crazy singing group!

• By Pochi
      I painted the Bones Black, Bones, and Wizkids owlbears as Great Horned Owls. This is the Bones owlbear. My husband calls him the crazy chicken. He is a little on the scrawny side and more than a bit manic. His face reminds me of Animal from the Muppets.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 150 Guests (See full list)