Sign in to follow this  
Soreena

[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

I would like to have an idea when each wave is starting to ship so...

Please post here when you get a confirmation email that says your Bones has shipped.

• Do post the wave you are in and the date you received your confirmation
  • Please do not post any personal info (address etc)
  • If you want let us know what goodies you are going to be getting, by all means list them
  • Please only post if you are the one that actually received the confirmation, don't post for others please
I'm so excited!

~ S ~

[MOD]Please read this section if you have any issues with your delivery![/MOD]

General reminder: when emailing Reaper, remember the following information:

help@reapermini.com 

**remember if you email, you need to give enough information to allow us to help you in your email.  with the volume of emails we receive, the more time we have to spend on tracking things down to answer your question because you don't give us the info, the less timely your response will be.  Include your Invoice/order number, shipping address, all associated emails, name of project (aka KS: Bones 2) specific description of the issue and your full name in every email you send us.  It really does matter.

Any email that does not clearly include invoice number, wave number, shipping address and that this is KS Bones 2, gets lower priority in the box. The amount of information you give, impacts the speed at which you can be assisted.

Edited by CashWiley
Added contact info
  • Like 12

I regret that I have but one like to give to your unboxing pics.

Congrats on the early score though; I'm happy for you, even if I am drooling all over my keyboard.

• Like 5

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!! (Well except the fact that the next couple weeks are going to be full of painful waiting...)

Thanks for the previews!

• Like 6

Oooh, Mashaaf is a *big* girl!

Is that the gelatinous cube you got there? It looks to be in more parts than just cube and base.

• Like 5

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!! (Well except the fact that the next couple weeks are going to be full of painful waiting...)

Thanks for the previews!

Ok, we need someone local to go to Reaper on Monday morning and blast that song through the warehouse.

Any volunteers?

• Like 7

Congratulations, and eee!

I'm going to go hang out on the Pre-Shipping Excitement thread, since that's where I am ATM.

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Your basic normal-sized wolf:

And Black Panther.

Alas, the fangs I painstakingly painted in do not show up in the photo.

Wolf animal companion
      Big cat animal companion
      From the 77216 Animal Companions pack

Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013 core set
      Unknown Sculptor(s), although the wolf makes me think Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC.
      25x50mm oval 3D printed lipped bases
      available from reapermini.com

• By BananeDC
      Here is my Kanjira. The pose of the monster made me think it could be a good idea too make it emerge through the Trees. A vision of Knightmare, for sure.

• By EvilJames
      Also did a quick speed paint of two statues. Not sure were the other column is at the moment, but this one was out while I was painting the angel of death so it got paint too.

She fit very snuggly into that base. I'm debating whether or not she'll stay in it.

The pair. Also the angel without the base.
    • By Maledrakh
      The bimonthly resolutionary challenge in the Reaper forums is to get about 4-5 minis painted each month, and also there are some bonus challenges. This February, like last year, one of the bonus challenges is to paint a minature with your fingers. No brushes allowed. And no fingers of other, smaller people either. And it needs to be a creature, not scenery.
      Challenge accepted. Again.
      Last year I fingerpainted this:

77368 Shadow Demon

This year, I am doing this:

The Bones 2 “77372 Burrowing Horror”. Basically a teeny tiny Tarrasque. Technically I probably should have done the primer with my fingers as well, but seeing as it was undercoated by spraycan many moons ago, there have not been any brushes on it. So there.
      In preparation for this, I have let my fingernails grow a couple of weeks…since my fingertips are way to big to get at any details at all…but a fingernail, both edge and torn, does the trick!

These are the colours I used for this. I picked them as I went along, only having a vague idea of how this was going to end up.
      The miniature was baseless, so I made a base for it:

Bespoke 3D printed 80 x 55 mm oval lipped base.

Starting by dipping my finger in a pool of Scalecolor Heavy Metal (=midtone silver) I wiped the finger a bit and “drybrushed” the whole model with a movement from front to back on the model. A few goes at this covered nicely:

This was followed by a highlight of Army Painter Shining Silver on the ridges and main plated of the head and tail, taking care to not cover up all the Heavy Metal.

After that, some Vallejo Game Color Glorious Gold on the claws

I mixed some heavy metal with the gold to create a highlight color, which I dabbed on the tips of the claws. I also tried to do the teeth in gold with the edge of a fingernail, but this did not turn out too well.

Tearing a fingernail, I used the point to paint the teeth individually, and also did the eyes in Vallejo Game Color Magic Blue, highlighted with a small dot of ancient Hobby Game Products Blue 005. The nail broke off, and I had to tear me a new one.

This I then used to clean up some areas with black lining and fixing bits I had missed or slopped the wrong color on.

I finished with some blobs of Vallejo Green Ink on the sides and underneath.
      Then I had to fix all the spots of green that had gotten where they should not be.
      And then I had to fix all the metal that had rubbed off here and there with my handling of the mini.

The base:

A thick layer of Army Painter Walking Dead Dirt Spatter, followed by Reaper Pure Black on the rim.
      After this was dry, I marked where the feet would be by dabbing some lighter brown on the soles of the feet and holding it to the base. This was followed by a globbing on of thinned down PVA woodworking glue to the base surface with my finger again. A couple of tufts were added straight into the wet glue and then I dipped the whole shebang in my box of flockmix.
      Gently clearing flock from where the feet were to go, I put some superglue in the general areas and placed the miniature on the base, and it was done:

Painted by hand. In the most literal sense.

All in all, a fun couple of hours of getting messy fingers.  Mostly waiting for the paint to dry whilst frantically wiping at my tacky paws to get the paint off.
      And at last I got to cut my fingernails down to their proper place again! Cardboard boxes being the sworn enemy of fingernails, they caused a couple of casualties at work today.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

For my ninth day of International Mini Painting Month I present Sister Maria from the Chronoscope Bones...

Guns are not my fantasy...
      So I gave her Seoni's Staff... (89006: Seoni, Iconic Sorceress)
      and painted her as a Druid,

Kev!
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 112 Guests (See full list)