• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Every so often, a model catches my attention. Sometimes because it is excellent and inspiring, sometimes because there is something off about it. Sometimes the model is both.  Here is one such example:

Yeah, it is the angle of the buckler thats just wrong. It simply should not happen. It triggers my OCD.
      This is the "Gnoll Warrior" from the "Thank You pack" add-on in the second Bones kickstarter. During the kickstarter it was presented as a line concept drawing and as is usually the case, the resulting miniature ends up slightly different. Still a perfectly good representation of the original concept art, but anyhow.
      That said, I do understand that one-piece castability requires certain angles and alignments for the mould to work, and to get the detail in the shield to show it cannot be sideways in the mould. There have been plenty of examples of minis in strange poses and/or holding things at strange angles because of this.
      This Gnoll is also stylistically rather different from the other Gnolls Reaper makes in Bones, perhaps it's just not so comic-like?
      But I ramble.
      The other day as I yet again was perusing the Drawers of Doom™, I picked this one for the painting table. But first it got to meet Mr. Scalpel for a field amputation followed by a quick rotation and graft:
      One drop of superglue later the case of the misaligned buckler was solved.
      Add a base and some paint:

Good thing classic Bones material is really easy to slice and reposition. Such an excellent material for convertions as well.

Jagged white parallells of sharp fangs emerged into the campfire light, then a staring yellow eye. Inquisitive, roughly probing clawed fingers followed. Snorting, foul breath enveloped me, causing me to gag.
      It jerked its beast-like head back, loud barks of mocking laughter spraying spittle in my face as I tried to stand my ground.
         "I smell fright, little man", the gnoll rasped out at last. "Why's that parlay-totem here?"

This mini was finished September 12th 2020.

77388 Gnoll Warrior
      From the second Bones kickstarter 2013
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      classic white Bones PVC
      40mm base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Maledrakh
      The last few weeks have been very busy with very little time or inspiration to paint, as the general lack of posts lately will bear full witness to.

As you might imagine, I was going for green magical flames.  I struggled with this, and it did not turn out as I had envisioned it.
      This one I count as a bit of a failure, and I am not at all satisfied with how it turned out. Maybe I will repaint the whole thing at some point but for now I am rather sick of it.
      At leaast it does look much better IRL on the table than when magnified in photos. Somthing which is a small comfort. The white for "teeth" does not work at all in the pictures and I might just redo that part and leave the rest alone. Or not. The wierd thing is that the white "teeth" are not that bad IRL. But once seen, it cannot be unseen...

What is this sorcery?! 
      Gah! Even the captions are uninspired. I should probably just go to bed.

77352 Demi Lich
      Bones 2 Core set, 2013, from the Expansion set #1
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
    • By Maledrakh
      Your basic normal-sized wolf:

And Black Panther.

Alas, the fangs I painstakingly painted in do not show up in the photo.

Wolf animal companion
      Big cat animal companion
      From the 77216 Animal Companions pack

Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013 core set
      Unknown Sculptor(s), although the wolf makes me think Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC.
      25x50mm oval 3D printed lipped bases

• By BananeDC
      Here is my Kanjira. The pose of the monster made me think it could be a good idea too make it emerge through the Trees. A vision of Knightmare, for sure.

• By EvilJames
      Also did a quick speed paint of two statues. Not sure were the other column is at the moment, but this one was out while I was painting the angel of death so it got paint too.

She fit very snuggly into that base. I'm debating whether or not she'll stay in it.

The pair. Also the angel without the base.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)