Sign in to follow this  
Soreena

[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

I bet UPS is reporting Loc:Destination Country before the package actually REACHES that country.  I haven't heard of anyone receiving additional information beyond "Package departed international carrier facility" and the timelines seem to report the packages being IN that country in an unrealistically short amount of time.  Since it's not them in charge of the shipping, once the package is out of their hands, their job is done, so it might as well already have been delivered, for all they care.

Oh I have no doubt about that - that it actually hasn't arrived over here yet, that is.

Various systems are more informative than others, though, even internationally.

Here's an example of shipping information for a package I'm expecting from the UK (shipped via Royal Mail):

RoyalMail.jpg

Still waiting for my Wave 2 shipment to arrive to Toronto. Getting frustrated that the UPS update has shown received at Canada Post since Feb 19th, with no movement since, or valid tracking number that can be used with Canada Post.

At least yours doesn't show that it's been sitting in Bensenville since the 19th. This is getting a bit outrageous. It's like a few hours from the Canadian border. I am getting really annoyed that they are just sitting there in Illinois.

• Like 1

RoW (Melbourne, Australia) Wave 1 arrived today.   :bday:

UPS Tracker still hasn't been updated since the 19th ("Shipment Acceptance at international carrier").   

• Like 4

Yeah, same here Dropbear, but for Canada.

I hope the Tax/Duty isnt too insane. If its the normal Manitoba tax, thats like 13% on a ~200 order, so less than $30. Not terrible, but we'll see.

Hopefully it is Canada Post, as they're usually pretty good. But I've been screwed by UPS before. $30 Duty/Taxes on a $45 item, that had $15 shipping. So I had paid the items worth to get the item, it was nuts.

My RoW wave 1 arrived yesterday! Wooo! Reapergus pulled mine.

Dutchies beware: The tracking code never, ever, went from 'arrived in netherlands' to the 'out for delivery' or anything and PostNL WILL jump you with taxes.

Regardless this was so worth it.

Gone over everything and I ended up with a perfect order, but with a mysterious extra baggy of devils.

• Like 6

Regardless this was so worth it.

Gone over everything and I ended up with a perfect order, but with a mysterious extra baggy of devils.

I love hearing that people are extremely pleased with their orders. Just makes me more excited to eventually get mine.

• Like 2

Mine arrived today, had to go to the customs office, pay another $50 and could pick them up. I was a bit wary because I have some Bones I that I'm not very happy about. With customs and shipping fees, I paid almost twice my pledge level ... but ... I've only gone through them quickly, but I'm happy to say it was totally worth it. I'm very, very satisfied. Some unbelievable miniatures here (yeah, some are not that great, but still better than the Bones I miniatures I was talking about).

and: quick look also says I got exactly what I ordered.

Dragons don't share: please Reaper, make a Bones Terrain Kickstarter ...

Edited by Knight of the Dinner Table
  • Like 6

I went through mine last night. I love the sharper details. They don't seem as bullet proof as bones I though. For example, cadiriths legs started to break when I bent them a little. Not a big issue, just something to keep an eye on.

My only big problem is that the caps of many paints were not tight and they seem to be paste now. It might have been the record cold temps during the week it was shipping. Anyone have suggestions for recovering the paints?

From what I understand, using UPS Mail Innovations saves quite a few people some nasty brokerages fees that regular UPS likes to charge. 

I also remember that the US Postal Service near Reaper HQ couldn't handle the volume during the first kickstarter, so that likely affects things as well. 

Fulfillment is complicated.  I hope all the international packages arrive soon. 

I'd have probably done the same thing in Reapers' position.  They're not skilled at massive amounts of shipping, so the logical thing is to offload that responsibility to someone else.  Unfortunately the only cost-effective option is this stupid Hot Potato, pass-the-buck system that UPS has.

UPS Worldwide does not charge brokerage according to their site, but I'm comfy that it costs more than using UPSMI.  At this point though I'd have probably swallowed an extra $5-$10 just to get a working tracking number.

Judging by the comments from other RoW-ers, I think the tracker will probably continue to say "Stuck in Illinois" until they appear on our doorsteps.  This is only a PITA because of how coddled we usually are with tracking numbers; I'm used to getting a tracking update every time the trucker farts, so not getting anything for more than a week is just super weird.

• Like 4

From what I understand, using UPS Mail Innovations saves quite a few people some nasty brokerages fees that regular UPS likes to charge. 

I also remember that the US Postal Service near Reaper HQ couldn't handle the volume during the first kickstarter, so that likely affects things as well. 

Fulfillment is complicated.  I hope all the international packages arrive soon. 

I'd have probably done the same thing in Reapers' position.  They're not skilled at massive amounts of shipping, so the logical thing is to offload that responsibility to someone else.  Unfortunately the only cost-effective option is this stupid Hot Potato, pass-the-buck system that UPS has.

UPS Worldwide does not charge brokerage according to their site, but I'm comfy that it costs more than using UPSMI.  At this point though I'd have probably swallowed an extra $5-$10 just to get a working tracking number.

Judging by the comments from other RoW-ers, I think the tracker will probably continue to say "Stuck in Illinois" until they appear on our doorsteps.  This is only a PITA because of how coddled we usually are with tracking numbers; I'm used to getting a tracking update every time the trucker farts, so not getting anything for more than a week is just super weird.

"Your trucker had baked beans for lunch.  Prepare for SPAM!"

• Like 4

I'm old enough that I still think in terms of please wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. Got into trouble once when someone never shipped what I ordered and I waited too long to file a complaint. At least it was only $40 lost. I keep checking the tracking number but never really thought it would update again until I get the package.

• Like 1

Yeah, I would have definitely loved to have that option. Much of my impatience is tied directly to the WTFness of the tracker showing it just sitting there in Bensenville. If it even just said "handed to USPS" or something I'd be less irritated. What's bugging me out is the thought that it may just be sitting there in Illinois doing nothing?

Yeah, I would have definitely loved to have that option. Much of my impatience is tied directly to the WTFness of the tracker showing it just sitting there in Bensenville. If it even just said "handed to USPS" or something I'd be less irritated. What's bugging me out is the thought that it may just be sitting there in Illinois doing nothing?

I think that's the part that bugs me the most as well... If there was a reason, IE if the news was talking about how chicago is completely covered in snow, and everything had been shut down for the past week. sure, sitting in bensenville would be fine... but UPS hasn't even said anything about inclement weather in the chicago area on their website. so stuff should be moving.

Reaper has been fantastic with communication over the course of this kickstarter. It's unfortunate that UPS isn't able to provide some communication to keep us in the loop. as was stated previously in this thread... this is kind of a first world problem. i mean, not too long ago, deliveries were significantly longer than they are now, and tracking numbers were far less descriptive.

whereas now, we are accustomed to knowing exactly where a delivery driver is... or as was colorfully pointed out... getting an update everytime the delivery driver farts...

So... in short... I want my bones to get here soon... and i'm prepared to be branded as a whiney little baby because the tracking hasn't updated....

now i'm going to go get my pacifier to help sooth this pain...

• Like 2

I guess I've gone through my Bones (figures) now for the third time and I'm still finding things I love. Some miniatures I had high hopes for were not as superb as I thought they would be (mind you, they are still nice miniatures ... the unarmored skeletons look a bit spindly, but what was I expecting of skeletons anyway), while others that I had dismissed originally as "not interesting" have turned out to be incredibly nice miniatures. The detail on some of those figures is incredible (one of the wizards is holding a small ball in his hands and the ball has got a face).

My daughter's boyfriend - who is into Warhammer and miniature painting (yes, may daughter has good taste - was floored when I showed him DDS2 (especially when he heard the price) and he sat down with me and looked for about half an hour at Bones miniatures (my daughter joined us ... I'm proud ... I raised her well ;) ).

... I guess it's clear that I'm totally happy with how this turned out.

• Like 15