Sign in to follow this  
Soreena

[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Shipping Update:

Got home today after helping my mom deal with insurance and police after she was involved in a collision, and wasn't even thinking about this until I got home and found a massive box sitting in front of my computer desk.

Wifey was ready to rip a strip off me, but saw the original invoice date of December 2013, and realised this was something I told her about over a year ago and NO I did not spend all this money now that I'm unemployed...and she also remembered me telling her about this Kickstarter and that I was backing...as I always tell her when I'm backing a KS. So good communication with the Wife (And a secret present that should be inside the box for her which she doesn't know about yet) surely helped!

As for the tracker, mine updated today with the following multiple lines:

Canada 02/26/2015 7:29 A.M. Package arrived at international carrier Canada 02/24/2015 6:38 P.M. Package cleared by foreign customs office   02/24/2015 6:30 P.M. Package arrived at foreign customs office   02/24/2015 6:30 P.M. Package arrived at international carrier Canada 02/22/2015 8:06 A.M. Package departed international carrier facility

But still doesn't show as delivered even though I've already got it. Based on the information lag (4 days, really? If they were actually updating those I wouldn't have had a concern in the world), it probably won't be updated for a couple more days.

As for brokerage. It's true, there were no UPS associated customs brokerage fees.

I think most people know this, but just a reminder, brokerage fees are not the same as taxes and duties. You may not have to pay brokerage fees, or this fee may vary by carrier, but you are always responsible for paying the taxes, and duties where applicable.

In Canada, there are no duties applicable to toys, but you are responsible for paying the sales tax for your province. If you are not charged sales tax by the carrier who delivers it to you, you are still responsible to pay it by self filing the import paper with a copy of the invoice and the receipt (for foreign exchange vs declared cost).

• Like 5

Got the letter from the Royal Mail this morning: £54 Import duty/VAT and £8 for the letter itself! No change on the UPS tracking page. I wonder if it will update when I pick up the box. I was wave 3. So given that the goods must have arrived at least a day before the letter arrived I'd imagine we'll see a lot of deliveries soon.

I wonder if you input the tracking # into the Royal Mail web tracker if it'll be much more up to date?

The UPS code doesn't work on the Parcelforce (Royal Mail) site. However the UPS one did update!

Though it got it a bit wrong as it claims delivery was attempted though it won't get delivered until I cough up cash!

United Kingdom 25/02/2015 7:34 Package delivery was attempted

25/02/2015 3:44 Package arrived at international carrier

United Kingdom 24/02/2015 3:49 Package cleared by foreign customs office

United Kingdom 22/02/2015 23:30 Package arrived at foreign customs office

22/02/2015 22:53 Package arrived at international carrier

United Kingdom 20/02/2015 16:42 Package departed international carrier facility

United Kingdom 19/02/2015 11:26 Shipment Acceptance at international carrier

Bensenville, IL, United States 18/02/2015 14:00 Package received for processing by UPS M

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3

The Bones are here!

Wave 1 in New Zealand, arrived this morning, didn't get pinged for tax. Everything is accounted for.

Excuse me while I disappear for the rest of the day.

• Like 8

After shipping from Reaper around the 13th, mine is also in schrodinger-ville. 

New Zealand    02/19/2015 1:46 P.M. Shipment Acceptance at international carrier

Bensenville, IL, United States   02/18/2015 2:29 P.M. Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations

Quantum tunnelling has occurred, my box has moved in both space and time.

New Zealand 02/26/2015 10:29 A.M. Package arrived at international carrier

New Zealand 02/22/2015 10:48 A.M. Package departed international carrier facility

I'm assuming this means 4 days to fly to NZ and get checked-in to a warehouse.

I'm hoping they mean 'local time' of the scan (3 days transit +1 day crossing the dateline) which means this was Thurs NZ time which is yesterday!

Which could mean I have a box or failed-delivery card waiting at home...

If not, the airport is close, only a few hundred warehouses out there, can't be more than a few million square meters of storage to search using my mad-ninja-goat skills... let me know if anyone hears me trip a silent alarm.

Edited by Stephen
  • Like 3

The UPS code doesn't work on the Parcelforce (Royal Mail) site. However the UPS one did update!

Though it got it a bit wrong as it claims delivery was attempted though it won't get delivered until I cough up cash!

United Kingdom 25/02/2015 7:34 Package delivery was attempted

25/02/2015 3:44 Package arrived at international carrier

United Kingdom 24/02/2015 3:49 Package cleared by foreign customs office

United Kingdom 22/02/2015 23:30 Package arrived at foreign customs office

22/02/2015 22:53 Package arrived at international carrier

United Kingdom 20/02/2015 16:42 Package departed international carrier facility

United Kingdom 19/02/2015 11:26 Shipment Acceptance at international carrier

Bensenville, IL, United States 18/02/2015 14:00 Package received for processing by UPS M

Mine was running about the same timeframe but seems to have got stuck in customs.  I have been looking out for the letter to pay the fees.  Nothing as yet.

United Kingdom 02/22/2015 10:23 P.M.

Package arrived at foreign customs office

02/22/2015 10:12 P.M.

Package arrived at international carrier

United Kingdom 02/20/2015 4:42 P.M.

Package departed international carrier facility

United Kingdom 02/19/2015 1:46 P.M.

Shipment Acceptance at international carrier

Bensenville, IL, United States 02/18/2015 1:10 P.M.

Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations

• Like 1

Hooray, this morning Bones have been declared out of Canada Customs!

...and since then have been lost to mystery.

Again.

• Like 1

Yay, while it's not my Bones KS, I got a Reaper tracking number for other stuff ordered.  Which means both that and my Wave 10 will be going out tomorrow!

• Like 2

Hearing that other Canadians are getting their Bones fills me with a little more optimism.  My wave 1 order has been stuck on "Shipment Acceptance at international carrier" since the 19th, but UPS has finally updated their tracking in the last couple of hours.  It's finally listed as having moved a little - being in the customs office since the 24th.  Hopefully Canada Customs doesn't take too long going through it all.

It's times like this that I think it might not be a bad idea to just get PO Box in Sweet Grass, and use a vacation day for stuff like this.

The race is on for me.  Bones shipping has finally updated, thought it doesn't show it clearing customs yet.  My Reaper order from last week is Hit Chicago 2 days ago, but hasn't exited the Nevernever on the Ontario side yet....

Not sure what's taking mine so long to get here (Wave 1 ROW to Australia).

Australia 02/26/2015 2:12 P.M. Package arrived at international carrier

Australia 02/21/2015 7:26 A.M. Package departed international carrier facility

Australia 02/18/2015 2:56 P.M. Shipment Acceptance at international carrier

Bensenville, IL, United States 02/18/2015 12:21 P.M. Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations

Until sometime in the last few hours it was stuck at "Package departed international carrier facility" on 21st. Somehow it seems to have taken 5 days to have departed from the US to now show as landed in Australia (assuming that is what the new item actually means, as opposed to only now being loaded onto the plane from their US facility).

My birthday is on Monday, I was hoping the package would get to me in time just as a nice little surprise present to myself - there's still a chance I guess for it to arrive Monday, we shall see!

• Like 1

My birthday is on Monday, I was hoping the package would get to me in time just as a nice little surprise present to myself - there's still a chance I guess for it to arrive Monday, we shall see!

Mine is Tuesday.  Happy Birthday!!

Hoping mine will make it here by then too.

• Like 5

Not sure what's taking mine so long to get here (Wave 1 ROW to Australia).

Australia 02/26/2015 2:12 P.M. Package arrived at international carrier

Australia 02/21/2015 7:26 A.M. Package departed international carrier facility

Australia 02/18/2015 2:56 P.M. Shipment Acceptance at international carrier

Bensenville, IL, United States 02/18/2015 12:21 P.M. Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations

Until sometime in the last few hours it was stuck at "Package departed international carrier facility" on 21st. Somehow it seems to have taken 5 days to have departed from the US to now show as landed in Australia (assuming that is what the new item actually means, as opposed to only now being loaded onto the plane from their US facility).

Hey, a birthday buddy! Hope you get them in time, I think I might end up having a bit of a birthday painting day myself.

• Like 3

My friend got a customs letter yesterday (Thursday), so his package is ready to be delivered when he has paid fees, duties etc. (more information a couple of pages ago, if anyone is interested).

That means that his package arrived at least two days ago.

Mine's still listed at Bensenville, hasn't been handed over to USPS. But with the weather update Pingo posted two pages ago it's not unreasonable to expect that many international flights have been cancelled.

Speaking of fees, duties etc.
He has to pay $31.50 customs fee/duties, $25 handling fee (by the postal service) and $180 VAT. The package I'm expecting is 2.5 times as big as his (weight wise). I'm a bit scared as to how much that'll add up to in fees and taxes. :wacko::unsure: