[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Soreena

Still nothing from Canada Post here in Thunder Bay.  Though it should be interesting to see what kind surcharge they'll hit me with on my $800+ order . . .

The Egg

Did you order 2 of everything?  :huh:

Aren't you going to field an army of Mashaaf's and Khanjira's?

Riding space krakens.

• Like 3

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still nothing from Canada Post here in Thunder Bay.  Though it should be interesting to see what kind surcharge they'll hit me with on my $800+ order . . .

The Egg

Hey man, if you love your fun, you'll die for it . . .

The Egg

• Like 1

Got my Bones II today.  They all look great but I am missing a right arm on 1 fig.  Any way I can get an arm for the below fig?

Thanks,

You'll have to be patient (since they are still in full shipping mode and are dealing with bad weather now) and email them: [email protected]

Or... you can make it a feature rather than a flaw and paint it up with a missing stub with appropriately bloody basing (this is what I'd personally do).  :devil:

Didn't know I was being impatient.  Thanks, I'll email the help desk.

Final Delivery (Wave 6, ROW / New Zealand) arrived today.  Splitting the shipments in two really helped a lot - I saved about $200 in duty by doing that.  I've found no issues worth worrying about:  all figures correct and present, no obvious miscasts (although, being honest, I didn't check hard for anything other than all components present and correct).

For anyone ordering stuff from overseas who's been hit by duties:  usually there's a point at which it's uneconomic for duty to be collected and at which Customs don't bother.  For New Zealand, that worked out at the time to around $240 US.  I factored in a 10% factor for currency flucuations, and then split my order into enough seperate components to be under that limit.  New Zealand Customs advised that shipments from the same manufacturer that arrived on the same day would be added together, so I made sure I had a decent number of waves between them:  I was almost scuppered by the decision to ship all the ROW shipments sequentially, but fortunately there was a weekend between Wave 3 and Wave 6 ROW.

So, if you're upset or concerned about paying duty, investigate your countries regulations and you may find that there are easy solutions for the problem.

• Like 5

The Egg

Hey man, if you love your fun, you'll die for it . . .

The Egg

Hah! True enough. 

Got my Bones II today.  They all look great but I am missing a right arm on 1 fig.  Any way I can get an arm for the below fig?

Thanks,

You'll have to be patient (since they are still in full shipping mode and are dealing with bad weather now) and email them: [email protected]

Or... you can make it a feature rather than a flaw and paint it up with a missing stub with appropriately bloody basing (this is what I'd personally do).  :devil:

Didn't know I was being impatient.  Thanks, I'll email the help desk.

Oh, not claiming you were being impatient. Was just saying that they were wrapping up their shipments and that patience was going to be required by anyone/everyone to get replacements. I then offered you a solution where you could actually use the stub to your advantage^_^

Still nothing from Canada Post here in Thunder Bay. Though it should be interesting to see what kind surcharge they'll hit me with on my $800+ order . . .

The Egg

Did you order 2 of everything? :huh:
I know he didn't, because I dropped a grand and still couldn't get two of all the add-ons. Edited by JackMann
  • Like 5

Final Delivery (Wave 6, ROW / New Zealand) arrived today.  Splitting the shipments in two really helped a lot - I saved about $200 in duty by doing that.  I've found no issues worth worrying about:  all figures correct and present, no obvious miscasts (although, being honest, I didn't check hard for anything other than all components present and correct).

For anyone ordering stuff from overseas who's been hit by duties:  usually there's a point at which it's uneconomic for duty to be collected and at which Customs don't bother.  For New Zealand, that worked out at the time to around $240 US.  I factored in a 10% factor for currency flucuations, and then split my order into enough seperate components to be under that limit.  New Zealand Customs advised that shipments from the same manufacturer that arrived on the same day would be added together, so I made sure I had a decent number of waves between them:  I was almost scuppered by the decision to ship all the ROW shipments sequentially, but fortunately there was a weekend between Wave 3 and Wave 6 ROW.

So, if you're upset or concerned about paying duty, investigate your countries regulations and you may find that there are easy solutions for the problem.

Doesn't quite work for everyone. :;):

To avoid the customs fee/duty I/we would have to split our order into 6 parts as duty sets in at $173. Every package that would get intercepted would then incur a $25 handling fee + VAT (25%). So with the risk of paying several handling fees it's not worth it to avoid paying about 4.4% customs fee/duty on a $1125 order. VAT sets in at $12, so no amount of splitting packages would help avoid that. Plus probably extra shipping for all of those packages.

• Like 1

Interesting.  Our equivalent of VAT is GST, and that doesn't get applied if duty isn't due - NZ Customs takes the attitude that it doesn't make sense to spend $250 collecting $240 worth of duty.

• Like 1

Interesting.  Our equivalent of VAT is GST, and that doesn't get applied if duty isn't due - NZ Customs takes the attitude that it doesn't make sense to spend $250 collecting $240 worth of duty.

Wait, wait.  What?  Since when has government actually had common sense?  Did I land in Bizzaroworld or something?

• Like 2

Wait, wait.  What?  Since when has government actually had common sense?  Did I land in Bizzaroworld or something?

It's not like New Zealand is a real country or anything.

• Like 3

Since the limit on when import VAT is added is much lower, then that's the deciding factor for when a package is pulled for inspection. Some may go through, of course, but larger packages are usually inspected/checked.

All of this applies to anything outside the EU, of course. So it wouldn't be a problem if Reaper had a distribution centre within the EU. :;):

Laoke, because Canada and the USA share a rather large land border, there's a lot of cross-border shopping.  If you physically travel to the other country you can bring a fair amount of stuff back duty-free, but since you're then paying for transportation it can end up not saving you that much money. 

It really bites that Canadians are paying tax on a different exchange rate, though.  :down:

• Like 4