[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Soreena

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I saw people getting signed thank-you cards in their shipments.  Were those only included for the first few thousand boxes?  A lot of the pictures I saw posted at the start had cards, and lately I haven't seen any.

They were supposed to be included in all boxes. We were supposed to place on in each box as we went. It is entirely possible that one or more did not get placed into the box in the flurry.

We had 5-6 people packing boxes, which means each person handled ~200 boxes a day, or one box every 2-3 minutes. That's time to select the proper box size, tape it up, pack it, fill with packing material, and seal it shut. Certainly I can believe that dropping in the Thank You was a forgotten step for a non-zero quantity of orders.

So I saw people getting signed thank-you cards in their shipments.  Were those only included for the first few thousand boxes?  A lot of the pictures I saw posted at the start had cards, and lately I haven't seen any.

They were supposed to be included in all boxes. We were supposed to place on in each box as we went. It is entirely possible that one or more did not get placed into the box in the flurry.

We had 5-6 people packing boxes, which means each person handled ~200 boxes a day, or one box every 2-3 minutes. That's time to select the proper box size, tape it up, pack it, fill with packing material, and seal it shut. Certainly I can believe that dropping in the Thank You was a forgotten step for a non-zero quantity of orders.

Just because there's no Thank You note doesn't mean your box wasn't packed with love.

And blood, tears, and frozen sweat, if your box was packed during Texas' snowmageddon.

Edited by Lochar
  • Like 9

Just because there's no Thank You note doesn't mean your box wasn't packed with love.

And blood, tears, and frozen sweat, if your box was packed during Texas' snowmageddon.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my pledge was just as appreciated as everyone else's.  I don't have the piece of paper that prove it, but I do have a 60L rubbermaid tub full of miniatures, so I guess I'll just have to be happy with what I got.

• Like 8

Wave 3, ROW and I got a package on truck for delivery update as of 10 minutes ago. First time I've seen an update that wasn't 3-4 days late. That must mean that it's sitting at the local post office because they don't deliver. I just need to wait a couple hours before I can go pick it up. Timing is perfect because I'm not working and the wife (stay at home mom) will be out of the house for a bit so I can sneak them in. There's some things in there I want to surprise her with later. The bill needs to disappear quickly too. ;)

• Like 3

Wave 3, ROW and I got a package on truck for delivery update as of 10 minutes ago. First time I've seen an update that wasn't 3-4 days late. That must mean that it's sitting at the local post office because they don't deliver. I just need to wait a couple hours before I can go pick it up. Timing is perfect because I'm not working and the wife (stay at home mom) will be out of the house for a bit so I can sneak them in. There's some things in there I want to surprise her with later. The bill needs to disappear quickly too. ;)

I'm fairly certain she already knows how much you've paid for the minis.  or are you talking the customs bill?

Damn, I'm seriously not happy.

I can go pick up my bones at the local post, but I also know what I have to pay to get them.

416,74€ on an order of 846$ + 182.55$ shipping!

It's like they calculated VAT for the whole kickstarter for both my boxes!

Anyone knows if it's possible to fight this? And how? Country : Belgium (our VAT should be 21%).

I haven't seen the details of the bill yet, so this is guessing, but man...

I can go pick up my bones at the local post, but I also know what I have to pay to get them.

Anyone knows if it's possible to fight this? And how? Country : Belgium (our VAT should be 21%).

I do not know the details of your local system, But you should be able to discuss with this somebody, I assume.

Ouch! Glad I didn't go all overboard on this one then, unlike Bones 1.

I got a note from the post office today and it's going to cost me 139€ (+$65 shipping) on a $500 order.

I guess you can count me out for Bones III. :down:

But hey, Boogie! You win! :;):