Sign in to follow this  
Soreena

[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Delivered! Now I just have to survive the last 2 hours of work and the drive home... Come to me 10.9lbs box!

Edited by rx2web

My delivery notice was waiting for me when I got off work today.  Got back from the post office a bit back with a BIG box of gear.  Christ, I don't know when I'll get around to painting all of this . . .

The Egg 

• Like 2

My ups just updated. Now scheduled for friday.

My 3 "wave 10" orders also just got a "rescheduled" notice for Friday the 6th too, but the tracker still doesn't show that UPS has scanned them even once. All still have the status "Ready for UPS".   *shakes fist* UPSSSSSSSSSSSSS *shakes fist*

• Like 3

This is what mine says:

Label Created On: 02/27/2015 Rescheduled Delivery Date: Friday, 03/06/2015

Same, but if you look above, the bar going across on mine is now "In Transit" instead of "Ready for UPS" and is halfway across the screen instead of just 1/5th.

Everything's been picked up. 

Button the ~430 not-locked-in pledges, we have managed to get over 200 of these locked in so far this week, and tomorrow we will ship the ~250 or so that are locked in as of tomorrow morning. 

The next challenge is reaching the final ~170 or so.  We only have e-mail addresses, and so far 5 total e-mails to them has not worked, so we're low on options.

Button the ~430 not-locked-in pledges, we have managed to get over 200 of these locked in so far this week, and tomorrow we will ship the ~250 or so that are locked in as of tomorrow morning. 

The next challenge is reaching the final ~170 or so.  We only have e-mail addresses, and so far 5 total e-mails to them has not worked, so we're low on options.

Refund them with a message 'Unable to contact and verify pledge' and then sell their stuff to us? :D

Seriously thought: Can you cross-reference the emails to your standard store database, see how many of them have ordered from you guys previously?  Maybe snail-mail a 'This is your LAST CHANCE TO KICKSTART!' message?  Or is that too Publisher Clearinghouse for you?  (Yeah, I didn't stay serious for the entire thought.  Sorry!)

• Like 3

Friday is my wife's and my anniversary, so I just got on the UPS site and had them deliver to the UPS store near my house so that the box isn't sitting around outside. I'll probably end up picking it up Monday. No biggie as I have 20 miniatures to paint  :rolleyes:

It makes me happy that you're down to that few. Not sure why it should matter to me but it does.

• Like 3

Go my 10 lbs box today! I'm in Canada (Québec), and for my order of about 250$ USD (201$ on declaration on the box though), I had to pay 47$ and some change for custom fee.

But with the figures in hand, I'm quite happy! Lots of good stuff, and couldn't resist to dry fit some figures!

• Like 2

I've gone through my shipment and one $10 option is absent from my order, along with 4-5 miniatures that are missing parts.  No too bad, given the size of my order and the scale of the KS.  I've sent a message out to Reaper with all the particulars.

The Egg

• Like 4

Damn, I'm seriously not happy.

I can go pick up my bones at the local post, but I also know what I have to pay to get them.

416,74€ on an order of 846$ + 182.55$ shipping!

It's like they calculated VAT for the whole kickstarter for both my boxes!

Anyone knows if it's possible to fight this? And how? Country : Belgium (our VAT should be 21%).

I haven't seen the details of the bill yet, so this is guessing, but man...

If it works anything like the dutch one, once you go over a certain amount it goes over the "for personal use" and becomes "business use" which can add another % to it. :(

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Your basic normal-sized wolf:

And Black Panther.

Alas, the fangs I painstakingly painted in do not show up in the photo.

Wolf animal companion
      Big cat animal companion
      From the 77216 Animal Companions pack

Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013 core set
      Unknown Sculptor(s), although the wolf makes me think Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC.
      25x50mm oval 3D printed lipped bases
      available from reapermini.com

• By BananeDC
      Here is my Kanjira. The pose of the monster made me think it could be a good idea too make it emerge through the Trees. A vision of Knightmare, for sure.

• By EvilJames
      Also did a quick speed paint of two statues. Not sure were the other column is at the moment, but this one was out while I was painting the angel of death so it got paint too.

She fit very snuggly into that base. I'm debating whether or not she'll stay in it.

The pair. Also the angel without the base.
    • By Maledrakh
      The bimonthly resolutionary challenge in the Reaper forums is to get about 4-5 minis painted each month, and also there are some bonus challenges. This February, like last year, one of the bonus challenges is to paint a minature with your fingers. No brushes allowed. And no fingers of other, smaller people either. And it needs to be a creature, not scenery.
      Challenge accepted. Again.
      Last year I fingerpainted this:

77368 Shadow Demon

This year, I am doing this:

The Bones 2 “77372 Burrowing Horror”. Basically a teeny tiny Tarrasque. Technically I probably should have done the primer with my fingers as well, but seeing as it was undercoated by spraycan many moons ago, there have not been any brushes on it. So there.
      In preparation for this, I have let my fingernails grow a couple of weeks…since my fingertips are way to big to get at any details at all…but a fingernail, both edge and torn, does the trick!

These are the colours I used for this. I picked them as I went along, only having a vague idea of how this was going to end up.
      The miniature was baseless, so I made a base for it:

Bespoke 3D printed 80 x 55 mm oval lipped base.

Starting by dipping my finger in a pool of Scalecolor Heavy Metal (=midtone silver) I wiped the finger a bit and “drybrushed” the whole model with a movement from front to back on the model. A few goes at this covered nicely:

This was followed by a highlight of Army Painter Shining Silver on the ridges and main plated of the head and tail, taking care to not cover up all the Heavy Metal.

After that, some Vallejo Game Color Glorious Gold on the claws

I mixed some heavy metal with the gold to create a highlight color, which I dabbed on the tips of the claws. I also tried to do the teeth in gold with the edge of a fingernail, but this did not turn out too well.

Tearing a fingernail, I used the point to paint the teeth individually, and also did the eyes in Vallejo Game Color Magic Blue, highlighted with a small dot of ancient Hobby Game Products Blue 005. The nail broke off, and I had to tear me a new one.

This I then used to clean up some areas with black lining and fixing bits I had missed or slopped the wrong color on.

I finished with some blobs of Vallejo Green Ink on the sides and underneath.
      Then I had to fix all the spots of green that had gotten where they should not be.
      And then I had to fix all the metal that had rubbed off here and there with my handling of the mini.

The base:

A thick layer of Army Painter Walking Dead Dirt Spatter, followed by Reaper Pure Black on the rim.
      After this was dry, I marked where the feet would be by dabbing some lighter brown on the soles of the feet and holding it to the base. This was followed by a globbing on of thinned down PVA woodworking glue to the base surface with my finger again. A couple of tufts were added straight into the wet glue and then I dipped the whole shebang in my box of flockmix.
      Gently clearing flock from where the feet were to go, I put some superglue in the general areas and placed the miniature on the base, and it was done:

Painted by hand. In the most literal sense.

All in all, a fun couple of hours of getting messy fingers.  Mostly waiting for the paint to dry whilst frantically wiping at my tacky paws to get the paint off.
      And at last I got to cut my fingernails down to their proper place again! Cardboard boxes being the sworn enemy of fingernails, they caused a couple of casualties at work today.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

For my ninth day of International Mini Painting Month I present Sister Maria from the Chronoscope Bones...

Guns are not my fantasy...
      So I gave her Seoni's Staff... (89006: Seoni, Iconic Sorceress)
      and painted her as a Druid,

Kev!
  • Who's Online   29 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)