[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Soreena

I have mine but it's still in the bag. 

Just boiled all of the ruins from one of my DDS2 sets. They were pretty warped but straitened out nicely. The bottoms of a few pieces had slight bulges that I shaved away with a break-off knife before simmering. Worked a treat. One of the interlocking pieces does not interlock well (the dragon's base) so I trimmed the the edges of the base with my knife and it fits so much better now. Gotta love this material. 

How long did you boil them for? They are MUCH thicker and heavier than I'd anticipated.

• Like 2

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wave 1 RoW and no shipping email yet. Where's mah Bones at! ::o:

I'm sure it's just a bug, still, I'm seldom this excited for an email, so it's hard to wait.

araziel, I'm in the same situation (wave 1, RoW, no mail).

Me three. W1 ROW no-email.

Have emailed reaper help and had confirmation back that they're looking into it.

Maybe Monday, unless I'm a special case that Bryan is dealing with tomorrow, it's possible, my mummy often said I was a VERY special kind of boy... :upside:

• Like 4

ROW Wave 2 and no shipping, but we know it's been picked and packed, Bryan looked into it, and saw to it already. he also asked about the email, so there may well be an emailer issue. If there is, well, I know he knows, and will do what he can as best he can to get it sorted. He's cool like that. I think I am going to end up owing him another drink.

• Like 5

I'm definitely missing one of the PF heroes (front row middle), but it's the only one I'm missing so far, and instead I seem to have gotten a duplicate of one of the villains (the guy with the face on his breast plate). I'll email Reaper about it later when I inventory everything else (Core is still laid out on the table and I started painting a bugbear...).

• Like 1

Got my package tonight. It was packed by the awesome Izzy. It also contained an extra box.....specifically an extra DDS2. I will be sending an email off to let Reaper know. Luckily I have a wave 10 order that had a DDS2 in it, so Reaper won't be short one.

• Like 10

I have mine but it's still in the bag. 

Just boiled all of the ruins from one of my DDS2 sets. They were pretty warped but straitened out nicely. The bottoms of a few pieces had slight bulges that I shaved away with a break-off knife before simmering. Worked a treat. One of the interlocking pieces does not interlock well (the dragon's base) so I trimmed the the edges of the base with my knife and it fits so much better now. Gotta love this material. 

How long did you boil them for? They are MUCH thicker and heavier than I'd anticipated.

Sorry for the long wait. I was busy boiling and gluing other Bones pieces. I brought the water to a boil, turned the heat down to the lowest setting, and placed the DDS2 decor pieces in for 4 minutes. I did it one piece at a time except for the part with the stairs that must be glued in. I decided NOT to dip the parts into a bath of ice water. What needed to be straightened out were mostly the bottoms (base parts). I placed the hot Bones decor in an empty pot, pressed down on the pieces where they needed to be flattened, and poured ice water into the pot while holding the parts flat. That made certain that the pieces were flat before the cold water could set the shape.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.  ::):

That technique worked beautifully on everything except Mashaaf's base. The base on my Mashaaf model is too soft to hold it's shape after hot/cold treatment once the heavy beastie is attached. I'll have to find some way to stiffen it. For the normal characters, monsters and smaller decor like tables, beds etc... the regular dip into hot water and straight into an ice bath worked just fine. I still have a lot to go through. Haven't even opened my core or expansion boxes, or some of the options yet. I'm in no real hurry. ~_^

• Like 3

Wave 1 RoW and no shipping email yet. Where's mah Bones at! ::o:

I'm sure it's just a bug, still, I'm seldom this excited for an email, so it's hard to wait.

araziel, I'm in the same situation (wave 1, RoW, no mail).

Me three. W1 ROW no-email.

Have emailed reaper help and had confirmation back that they're looking into it.

Maybe Monday, unless I'm a special case that Bryan is dealing with tomorrow, it's possible, my mummy often said I was a VERY special kind of boy... :upside:

Well, I figure our lack of emails is probably a related problem so I won't add another query to their workload. I'll be interested to hear any replies though.

Mine arrived tonight, only a little later than I expected (our UPS guy usually comes through around 7). Quick impressions after opening the box and sorting through the stuff I got

Most impressive figure in the box - Narthrax. Razor sharp details, fits together perfectly, and is balanced nicely; this figure won't sag or bend after assembled.

(honorable mention - Hellknight Order of the Scourge. This figure translated to Bones brilliantly)

Most disappointing - the crates. They didn't come out even remotely close to square. I would go so far as to call them unusable. Oddly, the barrels are just fine.

Best idea - ankheg. If you've ever assembled one of the metal ones, you'll appreciate the Bones version that much more.

Worst idea - cavalry that stand on 2 legs. I'm not sure the centaurs will ever stand correctly on 2 legs, even after boiling and repositioning. Love the idea of Bones cavalry, but they should probably stick to either a) models that stand on 3 or more legs, or if not, b) models that have much thicker ankles/legs (like Thorvald, for instance).

Since I skipped a lot of the add-ons this time around (including all 3 of the expansion packs), YMMV.

~v

Just a heads up, the Centaurs *will* stand on 2 legs quite well, have faith! I didn't think they would either after I looked at how smushed mine were. But a few seconds in hot water and they fixed themselves. Here's a before and after:

Before:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/100133206153519428257/posts/8zqywGR4QNq?pid=6115404361441893026&oid=100133206153519428257

After:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/100133206153519428257/posts/8zqywGR4QNq?pid=6115531084285232578&oid=100133206153519428257

Maybe not a hugely dramatic pose, but they definitely are stable off their base.

• Like 3

DDS2 was totally worth the money. 

So glad I got 2!

What am I gonna do with the second one...

Weathertop. The first thing I thought when I saw DDS2 was - LotR: I could make Weathertop... Ever since I started buying Reaper minis, I've been thinking there's enough figs that look close enough to the Fellowship and the Ringwraiths that I could do a Weathertop diorama... At some point in the future I'll eventually be buying extras for myself (I only got one).

Looks like my paints survived, but it was pretty close. Some are not very liquid and they're COLD, but I heard movement in each I shook. Two had loose caps, so be careful!

Paints basically have to freeze solid before they're really dead. It's mainly the formation of ice crystals that wrecks the paint.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3

Just a heads up, the Centaurs *will* stand on 2 legs quite well, have faith! I didn't think they would either after I looked at how smushed mine were. But a few seconds in hot water and they fixed themselves. Here's a before and after:

Thanks for the pics, and the posts from others who are/are not having problems with theirs. My concern about them is actually over the long haul. With Bones I, it was completely possible to boil and reset Deathsleet. Then, over time, it would gradually start to slump over.

Since my Chiral arrived so badly smushed over (the regular centaur isn't as bad), I have some reservations whether not the ankles will be able to hold the body mass upright in the correct position 6 weeks from now, not minutes after boiling and resetting.

I hope that they do!

~v