[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Soreena

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bases say Made in USA though for some nice fun

Because they were. It's my understanding that Thomas made them.

This is correct. The Bases were/are made in our factory on our machine, by our employees.

Ok, regarding the bases, I'm not figuring something out.  The bases are stamped "RPM".

Reaper

Mini

P?

People?  Platform?

The ones I have say RMP - Reaper Miniatures Partnership.  It's the official corporate name, changed from Reaper Inc after we reorganized (under the HobbyQ Umbrella) several years back. 

Overall I'm more than pleased with how these Bones turned out. There are a few that I think are unusable without being cleaned up a lot. Also on some of mine whoever glued them really mailed it in, and I'll have to reglue or cut and pin parts, but that's no big deal. I didn't notice a single glaring lack of detail. All noses are accounted for. 

• Like 6

Izzy is Isabel 'Talin' Collier. She is best known as our star concept artist.

Thank you for the info big B. If only I made it to just one ReaperCon and met some of the Reaper peeps in person I'd know these things. ::P:  It's hard to know who is who (or even what) on the forums. Most forumites call me a she because people think they see Caroline in my user name. I'm such a huge fan of her art. Knowing she packed my box made my day! Hopefully one day we'll get her female oni sketch made into a metal mini.  :wub:

...wait. You mean... this isn't you? :huh:

coraline-1.jpg

Haha. I've never seen that movie but I know it from the trailers

Coralline Algae is actually liiiiike... 

It alludes to my long standing love for reef aquariums. Some years back I was even hired to design and help build a reef aquarium shop. 

coralline1.jpg

Hopefully I can get my DDS2 ruins primed with grey and brown liner today. Hopefully that will help the painting go quickly. thumbup_zpsy8h6t2py_1.gif?t=1422511319

• Like 5

Overall I'm more than pleased with how these Bones turned out. There are a few that I think are unusable without being cleaned up a lot. Also on some of mine whoever glued them really mailed it in, and I'll have to reglue or cut and pin parts, but that's no big deal. I didn't notice a single glaring lack of detail. All noses are accounted for. 

I was thoroughly pleased to find that many of these did not come preassembled. Most hobbyist can easily do their own, superior, assembly. Also, some figures are straight-up easier to paint in parts. I haven't gone through my core or expansion set yet but my add-ons look excellent so far.

• Like 3

Since my Chiral arrived so badly smushed over (the regular centaur isn't as bad), I have some reservations whether not the ankles will be able to hold the body mass upright in the correct position 6 weeks from now, not minutes after boiling and resetting.

I hope that they do!

~v

If necessary, you should be able to drill up through the bottom of the base and up into the leg to put a pin in it - cut a small notch into the bottom of the base and bend the bottom end of the pin into an L shape at the right angle and then glue it. It won't be bending anymore...

• Like 3

I've completed laying out both Expansion 1 and Expansion 2:

Expansion 1: https://plus.google.com/100133206153519428257/posts/Hhyj63pYYiy

Expansion 2: https://plus.google.com/100133206153519428257/posts/6sfouyS99vV

Used stickytack to dry fit the bits that wouldn't stay (not many bits really, some wings, a few legs/arms the minotaur's knee pads, head and crotch...

Edited by wax_eagle
  • Like 11

I've completed laying out both Expansion 1 and Expansion 2:

Expansion 1: https://plus.google.com/100133206153519428257/posts/Hhyj63pYYiy

Expansion 2: https://plus.google.com/100133206153519428257/posts/6sfouyS99vV

Used stickytack to dry fit the bits that wouldn't stay (not many bits really, some wings, a few legs/arms the minotaur's knee pads, head and crotch...

That horned  demon looks .. kinda not small.

• Like 2