Sign in to follow this  
Soreena

[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

I know better than to pester them. =)

I'll give it a week before I check on it.

My wife said she will throw out the next Kickstarter that arrives at the house. I'm like jeesh I only had 4 fufill so far and I said I won't do any more.

• Like 2

Received my tracking number for Wave 4 ROW this morning.  Pretty excited to see the figs, though I'm cringing at the thought of how violently UPS is going to rape me for brokerage fees - I thought it was announced during the KS that UPS was not going to be used?

Anyway, here's what I'm getting:

2013 Core Set x2

Expansion Set 1 x1
Expansion Set 2 x1

Narthrax Dragon x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Greater Demons x1
Water Elementals x1
Hill Giants x2
Demon Lords x1
Blightfang Dragon x1
Devils x1
Cinder Dragon x1
Verocithrax Dragon x1
Mashaaf, Great Old One x1
Khanjira, the World Breaker x1
Dragons Don't Share x2
Thank You Set x1
Cadirith x1

The Egg

• Like 1

Received my tracking number for Wave 4 ROW this morning.  Pretty excited to see the figs, though I'm cringing at the thought of how violently UPS is going to rape me for brokerage fees - I thought it was announced during the KS that UPS was not going to be used?

The Egg

UPS is handling the shipping for ROW until it hits the point where it goes international on behalf of the USPS. This happened to a couple of unrelated packages of mine, and confused me each time as well. They were domestic only, so that just added to my confusion.

The Egg

UPS is handling the shipping for ROW until it hits the point where it goes international on behalf of the USPS. This happened to a couple of unrelated packages of mine, and confused me each time as well. They were domestic only, so that just added to my confusion.

So are you saying, that the package will eventually revert to US Snail, and UPS will not be handling the cross border shipment?  The reason I'm concerned is that UPS brokerage charges to Canada are absolutely insane - pretty much 1:1 for each dollar of value shipped.  Thus, $650 worth of miniatures would end up costing me $1300.

The Egg 

• Like 1

Egg, from what I've read it seems like UPS will process the packages then hand them off to USPS. I Googled UPS Mail Innovations when I got my mail and found a lot of hate for UPS and almost as many people saying they were pleasantly surprised by how UPS MI worked out for them.

• Like 1

UPS isn't as bad as they used to be on that front anymore.

When I was 16, they charged me $30 C.O.D. brokerage fees on a FREE sample microchip.

On the other hand, a few months ago, they charged me $78.60 on my 3D printer (declared value $517.64). Of that, their fee was only $10 and the rest was just the tax I'd owe no matter how it was delivered. What I didn't like was being caught off guard by the C.O.D. fee at the door since I had explicitly asked (and confirmed twice) that it be delivered to my USPS post office box, not my Canadian home address :grr: . But I digress…

I don't know if this been brought up before, but I figured this might be the thread to do it.

I understand some people may face financial hardships after investing in a Kickstarter and so will sell upon fulfillment to pay off debts or whatnot; it's understandable, and commendable to part with something you might have enjoyed in order to face up to sudden responsibilities like an adult. But there all ready seems to be a flood of Bones II packages for sale on eBay--a lot of them wave 1 slots people seem to have taken simply to make money by selling the sets for 2-3x the amount they paid as backers.

Does Reaper, or anyone else, have any opinions about this?

Same thing happened last Kickstarter, and I understand it's fairly routine. It's a bit slithery, but there's nothing illegal or, frankly, particularly immoral about it.

• Like 1

Happens in many large KSers... There's enough Dwarven Forge caverns on eBay to building a tunnel back to the Chinese factory that made them.

• Like 1

Same thing happened last Kickstarter, and I understand it's fairly routine. It's a bit slithery, but there's nothing illegal or, frankly, particularly immoral about it.

I would disagree about it NOT being immoral--in fact, it seems to be precisely, blatantly immoral. As you said, definitely not illegal, but seeing as morality is literally defined as, "principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior," and honesty IS a black-and-white, right or wrong thing (no matter the grounds, we all learned in kindergarten that lying is wrong and honesty is right, regardless of consequence), and DIShonesty is immoral (wrong), I would say it IS clearly immoral.

Just because something is the norm does not mean that it is moral.

:2cents:

Blergh. I want my wave 1 RoW confirmation too. Even if it has probably shipped, knowing it has shipped is better ^_^

Oh gods, I know. Believe me, I know. I was seriously unhappy yesterday when it looked like it hadn't shipped.

I don't know where in the world you are, but I solemnly believe your Bones are on their way to you, and will reach you soon. I wish you the best of luck.

I would disagree about it NOT being immoral-

u wot m8

Let's take this outside.

...no, seriously, this discussion is going to get split off anyway and it looks like it's going to be interesting. I'll start it in the Off-Topic Chatter forum, shall I?

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/59604-the-immorality-of-reselling/?p=1069859 link now provided

• Like 2

I would disagree about it NOT being immoral--in fact, it seems to be precisely, blatantly immoral. As you said, definitely not illegal, but seeing as morality is literally defined as, "principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior," and honesty IS a black-and-white, right or wrong thing (no matter the grounds, we all learned in kindergarten that lying is wrong and honesty is right, regardless of consequence), and DIShonesty is immoral (wrong), I would say it IS clearly immoral.

Just because something is the norm does not mean that it is moral.

:2cents:

Since the number of Bones made for the KS isn't constrained in any way, I don't really see how this would be immoral.  If anything it lets us unlock a few more stretch goals and some customers still get some Bones at below retail pricing.

• Like 1

I don't know if this been brought up before, but I figured this might be the thread to do it.

I understand some people may face financial hardships after investing in a Kickstarter and so will sell upon fulfillment to pay off debts or whatnot; it's understandable, and commendable to part with something you might have enjoyed in order to face up to sudden responsibilities like an adult. But there all ready seems to be a flood of Bones II packages for sale on eBay--a lot of them wave 1 slots people seem to have taken simply to make money by selling the sets for 2-3x the amount they paid as backers.

Does Reaper, or anyone else, have any opinions about this?

There were eBay speculators last time around too.  I disagree with the practice myself, but such is the glory of modern capitalism . . .

The Egg

• Like 1