[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Soreena

Received my tracking number for Wave 4 ROW this morning.  Pretty excited to see the figs, though I'm cringing at the thought of how violently UPS is going to rape me for brokerage fees - I thought it was announced during the KS that UPS was not going to be used?

The Egg

UPS is handling the shipping for ROW until it hits the point where it goes international on behalf of the USPS. This happened to a couple of unrelated packages of mine, and confused me each time as well. They were domestic only, so that just added to my confusion.

So are you saying, that the package will eventually revert to US Snail, and UPS will not be handling the cross border shipment?  The reason I'm concerned is that UPS brokerage charges to Canada are absolutely insane - pretty much 1:1 for each dollar of value shipped.  Thus, $650 worth of miniatures would end up costing me $1300.

The Egg 

I got a bit nervous when I saw that UPS had my minis. I've had bad experiences with them delivering parcels here. I live on a farm and they won't drop off at a business in town like other couriers. I once had to drive 260 km to pick up a parcel. Last year a pasta machine my wife wanted got shipped UPS and we were charged brokerage fees higher than the cost of the item plus shipping. When I complained UPS didn't do anything but the company I ordered from gave me a few dollars back. I refuse to have anything shipped using UPS and wouldn't have backed the kickstarter if there wasn't a USPS option.  Here's hoping that I don't have to deal with them directly this time.

Edited by Zink

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides brokerage fees, I don't deal with couriers because most of them won't deliver to my house more than once. (I live downtown in the big city, and I guess it's hard to drive around, but it also makes zero sense to me, because  if I'm not there and not given notice of a delivery, things get brought to a depot, where I can't go unless I take a half-day off work. There was one shipment for something small, where I wasn't notified it was a courier (and it was local so no brokerage), but there was zero information on the tag, or on the companies' website that they only deliver once to certain areas.

Anyways, I'm so looking forward to my bones arriving. I haven't figured out what I will paint first. Most likely aminals and monstrous beasts that I can use in any setting. I can't believe how fast some people are getting started.

• Like 1

<---------

I've completed laying out both Expansion 1 and Expansion 2:

Expansion 1: https://plus.google.com/100133206153519428257/posts/Hhyj63pYYiy

Expansion 2: https://plus.google.com/100133206153519428257/posts/6sfouyS99vV

Used stickytack to dry fit the bits that wouldn't stay (not many bits really, some wings, a few legs/arms the minotaur's knee pads, head and crotch...

That horned demon looks .. kinda not small.
Oh, I'm not. I'm not.

:devil:

Edited by Baphomet69
  • Like 1

Besides brokerage fees, I don't deal with couriers because most of them won't deliver to my house more than once. (I live downtown in the big city, and I guess it's hard to drive around, but it also makes zero sense to me, because  if I'm not there and not given notice of a delivery, things get brought to a depot, where I can't go unless I take a half-day off work. There was one shipment for something small, where I wasn't notified it was a courier (and it was local so no brokerage), but there was zero information on the tag, or on the companies' website that they only deliver once to certain areas.

This. I actually asked folks whether they were using UPS or not in terms of what address to use. If they using Canada post, no biggie I just have to walk a block to get my bones if I miss delivery (which I likely will because, work)

But UPS I have to (get my girlfriend to rent a car share and) drive to a really stupid place in the middle of nowhere. It's like... WHY would I want to pay more for something that is super duper inconvenient. I really don't "get" couriers.

So yeah if it was going to be UPS I was going to change my addy to my girlfriend's work because no thanks driving to the other side of town...

Edited by cycnet
  • Like 1

The tail end of Wave 1 U.S. went out last Tuesday.  Emails from Reaper and then UPS followed within 24 hours (for me at least).  Delivery time depends on location, so some may not have arrived yet, if you live far from TX.

Some of the domestics may have gotten mixed up with ROW/P.O.Box/APO-FPO and gone out USPS, as well. Mine did. Kinda amazed it arrived Saturday, honestly, odds woulda been better for Tuesday.
  • Like 3

Received my tracking number for Wave 4 ROW this morning.  Pretty excited to see the figs, though I'm cringing at the thought of how violently UPS is going to rape me for brokerage fees - I thought it was announced during the KS that UPS was not going to be used?

The Egg

UPS is handling the shipping for ROW until it hits the point where it goes international on behalf of the USPS. This happened to a couple of unrelated packages of mine, and confused me each time as well. They were domestic only, so that just added to my confusion.

So are you saying, that the package will eventually revert to US Snail, and UPS will not be handling the cross border shipment?  The reason I'm concerned is that UPS brokerage charges to Canada are absolutely insane - pretty much 1:1 for each dollar of value shipped.  Thus, $650 worth of miniatures would end up costing me $1300.

The Egg 

I got my confirmation yesterday (I'm in Montreal) and was really shocked to see UPS.  Kinda pissed me off based on the assurances I had seen that Canada was USPS.  But then I noticed there was no UPS tracking number and the link provided got me no where to track my package (though it took to the UPS page).  I figured it might have been an automated canned response or something.  Once I saw  both what 24andahalf and Pegazus had to say on the subject, I'm not going to panic as much (but keep my fingers crossed).

The Egg

The Egg 

I got my confirmation yesterday (I'm in Montreal) and was really shocked to see UPS.  Kinda pissed me off based on the assurances I had seen that Canada was USPS.  But then I noticed there was no UPS tracking number and the link provided got me no where to track my package (though it took to the UPS page).  I figured it might have been an automated canned response or something.  Once I saw  both what 24andahalf and Pegazus had to say on the subject, I'm not going to panic as much (but keep my fingers crossed).

The few UPS-MI packages (from Paizo mostly) I've gotten come with tracking although it often isn't useful tracking. My guess, the email didn't autofill correctly or the software didn't distinguish between UPS and UPS-MI.

General note for ROW backers:

Reaper said they are using USP-MI for foreign (and Post Office Boxes) which processes the packages and then drops them into USPS or the appropriate postal authorities for the country it is going to.

Edit: UPS-MI is also called UPS Priority Mail Innovations.

Edited by FireElemental
  • Like 2