[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Soreena

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<strike>Out for Delivery</strike> Here!

The Good - at a casual glance, everything appears to be here. Packed by Bryan! Yay, and thanks!

The Bad - as feared, the paints are probably a total loss. The best of the lot are sludgy at the top, but most of them are frozen solid, and about half are completely separated- which looks kind of cool, except....

Oh, well.

(Pics later, when not on phone)

Edited by izzylobo
  • Like 4

The Good - at a casual glance, everything appears to be here.

The Bad - as feared, the paints are probably a total loss. The best of the lot are sludgy at the top, but most of them are frozen solid, and about half are completely separated- which looks kind of cool, except....

Oh, well.

Reaper has a good track record of replacing frozen paints. Give them a shout. Or email. LS probably would prefer an email. :)

Oh, well.

Reaper has a good track record of replacing frozen paints. Give them a shout. Or email. LS probably would prefer an email. :)

Yeah - I'm planning on waiting until after fulfillment is complete to hassle the good folks at Reaper, partly because busy (them), partly because that way less likely to hit sub-arctic conditions up here again....

• Like 2

Wohoo! :wow:

Okay, this time no trollin'. However, behind the spoiler tag is NOT more pictures. I decided that I'd take and open the entire Thank You bag. While I was pondering how to get them all in for a picture, it occurred to me that a video would be much better and maybe faster. I'd already done a bunch of Bathalian pictures, and that took a bit longer than I'd thought and I wasn't happy with the final results. So behind the spoiler tags is a video of everything that came with my Thank You add-on.

And I should add: COMPLETELY SAFE FOR WORK AND SMALL IMPRESSIONABLE CHILDREN. There's that one Medusa-like figure that was bare chested. She's a little more appropriate for the masses now.

Well, not now-now. She's been un-converted back to her lurid nekkid self and is back in the bag.

Wohoo! Shout-out on YouTube! I think that's my first. :bday:

Thanks for the video!

• Like 3

I created a My UPS account to see what our delivery window was, only to find that we don't have one. Hrm.

UPS has never provided a delivery window for anything I've had delivered. Out for delivery has always just meant sometime today.

We actually got a delivery window estimate out of them, but not until we had already entered it. At 11:20 ET we had a predicted delivery window of 11:15 - 3:15. So... it wasn't a complete waste of time after all.

The Good - at a casual glance, everything appears to be here.

Oh, well.

I'm worried about our paints--it's 0° outside here. I guess we'll see how screwed up they are when we open it up.

Does Reaper have the throughput to easily replace half of the paints supplied in a kickstarter? O.o I've done the tour and seen the vats, but I have no idea how many of us went in for the option.

(And what the heck would be a safe shipping option in this weather? Just waiting until April?)

Edited by terminalmancer
  • Like 3

Izzy is Isabel 'Talin' Collier. She is best known as our star concept artist.

Ok, this is probably going to end up being an embarassing question, but let's just get it out of the way. :blush:

Is that the same person as Tim 'Talin' Collier (credited artist for these cool 'Talin' artwork desktops)? https://www.reapermini.com/Desktops :unsure:

yes.