[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Soreena

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

random city name for today:  Fuquay Varina, NC

could have been Whynot, NC or Lizard Lick, NC or Conetoe, NC (pronounced caneetah)  or Spivey's Corner, NC or Winnabow, NC or Middlesex, NC or...

These are all real places in North Carolina, mostly within an hour of Raleigh.

I'm sure we Aussies have you beat on weird place names...

Tumbarumba, Deniliquin,Tangambalanga, Yackandandah, Ulladulla, Dee Why, Plumpton, Kincumber, Cocklebiddy...

And my parcel was 20.1lbs (because 20 would just be gauche)

Edited by sumbloke
  • Like 1

They picked up yesterday's UPS MI packages this morning so tracking numbers should start working pretty soon. 12-24 hours I would think.

Glad to hear!

Just how many packages are going out per truck anyway?

I just have an image in my mind from a Dr. Seuss book with a continual line of trucks going in one door of a factory and coming out full from another in an endless repeat.

• Like 2

The sooner I get my package the happier I'll be...

'cause my week off's maddening

and my month has been saddening

The sooner I get my package the happier I'll be...

If I am so lucky as to get mine by second of March, when I am home for a week, It'll be all sunshine and puppies.

Bonus points if my room mate receives his too.

• Like 2

I am wave 1 ROW and have an email from UPS, but not from Reaper....do I worry yet?

This seems to be the current situation for all RoW. I'm Wave 1 RoW, got by UPS mail on the 13th. No email from Reaper as yet and the UPS link just shows "Order Processed: Read for UPS"

That's my situation except I received the UPS email on the 12th.

Got my UPS mails on the 13th as well; Wave 1 RoW. I'm not concerned about the missing email from Reaper, but it's the status of UPS that's troubling me.

It seems the packages aren't picked up yet.

Tracking detail : Order processed : Ready for UPS (hoover : UPS has received the electronic transmission of the sipment details and billing information for this shipment from the sender. Once the shipment is moving within the UPS network, the tracking status will be updated. )

Shipment progress : 

- Date : 02/12/2015

- Local Time : 7:59 P.M.

- Activity : Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations

Got my first update:

- Date : 02/18/2015

- Local Time : 7:59 P.M.

- Activity : Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations

Nope, same old one in UPS.  Showing Bensenvile, IL, same as Titus.

It's just outside of Chicago.

Me too. 6 days after the UPS MI email it has finally changed... to Bensenville.

930 miles in 6 days is making pretty good time for an Army Surplus WW2 truck, especially when they can only travel at night without lights in case of air-raids. A pity they didn't have a compass. New Zealand is south-west of Texas across the pacific, last I checked Chicago is north-east of Denton.

Maybe it's a zen thing "To travel toward ones destination, first one must travel away".

I enjoyed your write-up. But realistically Chicago might be where they are flying out of. They are a big, international airport and the carriers probably consolidate their shipping somewheres for convenience sake. Looks like you can get a direct DFW to NZ flight for passengers, but maybe not a ton of cargo going direct.

random city name for today: Fuquay Varina, NC

could have been Whynot, NC or Lizard Lick, NC or Conetoe, NC (pronounced caneetah) or Spivey's Corner, NC or Winnabow, NC or Middlesex, NC or...

These are all real places in North Carolina, mostly within an hour of Raleigh.

I'm sure we Aussies have you beat on weird place names...

Tumbarumba, Deniliquin,Tangambalanga, Yackandandah, Ulladulla, Dee Why, Plumpton, Kincumber, Cocklebiddy...

And my parcel was 20.1lbs (because 20 would just be gauche)

You've not seen some Welsh town names then have you Llanfairfechan, Llanfyllin, Llangefni, Llangollen, Llanidloes, Llanrwst.Porthcawl, Porthmadog, Prestatyn, Presteigne, Pwllheli and to top it all

Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

• Like 2

You've not seen some Welsh town names then have you Llanfairfechan, Llanfyllin, Llangefni, Llangollen, Llanidloes, Llanrwst.Porthcawl, Porthmadog, Prestatyn, Presteigne, Pwllheli and to top it all

Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

There's a reason why it commonly called Llanfair pg :)

• Like 1