[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Soreena

UPS is being too damned slow with my package! :lol: It was labelled and sent out on 2/17, and it hasn't even left TX yet!  It's moved a whole 14 miles from Dallas to Mesquite!  I think they are being passive aggressive :poke:

Of course, it doesn't help that they picked things up on the 17th, but it didn't get it's origin scan in Dallas until 10PM on the 18th.

And this is why I hate the internet.  Because I know where my package is and I have to wait.  It was so much easier in the old days without minute to minute tracking updates so I could be oblivious and simply have a surprise at my door.

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 4

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPS is being too damned slow with my package! :lol: It was labelled and sent out on 2/17, and it hasn't even left TX yet!  It's moved a whole 14 miles from Dallas to Mesquite!  I think they are being passive aggressive :poke:

Of course, it doesn't help that they picked things up on the 17th, but it didn't get it's origin scan in Dallas until 10PM on the 18th.

And this is why I hate the internet.  Because I know where my package is and I have to wait.  It was so much easier in the old days without minute to minute tracking updates so I could be oblivious and simply have a surprise at my door.

Mine did something like that. It apparently teleported from Mesquite, TX to Roanoke, VA because there was neither exit scan from Mesquite or receipt scan at Roanoke. I did get my package within a few days of it getting to Mesquite, though.

Edited by Florin
  • Like 1

random city name for today: Fuquay Varina, NC

could have been Whynot, NC or Lizard Lick, NC or Conetoe, NC (pronounced caneetah) or Spivey's Corner, NC or Winnabow, NC or Middlesex, NC or...

I'm sure we Aussies have you beat on weird place names...

Tumbarumba, Deniliquin,Tangambalanga, Yackandandah, Ulladulla, Dee Why, Plumpton, Kincumber, Cocklebiddy...

You've not seen some Welsh town names then have you Llanfairfechan, Llanfyllin, Llangefni, Llangollen, Llanidloes, Llanrwst.Porthcawl, Porthmadog, Prestatyn, Presteigne, Pwllheli and to top it all

Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

I'm pretty sure every country has some names that make you raise an eyebrow.

In Canada, we have:

- Swastika, ON

- Vulcan, AB

- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, AB

- Blow me down, NL

- Dildo, NL

- Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, QC (yes, the exclamation points are part of the name)

- Lower Economy, NS

Proudly Canadian! (probably drunk too)

• Like 7

Mine did something like that. It apparently teleported from Mesquite, TX to Roanoke, VA because there was neither exit scan from Mesquite or receipt scan at Roanoke. I did get my package within a few days of it getting to Mesquite, though.

It just occurred to me that this kind of stuff is why they named it Quantum View.  It's tunneling in action on a macro scale.  

No wonder shipping is getting so expensive.

• Like 4

It just occurred to me that this kind of stuff is why they named it Quantum View.  It's tunneling in action on a macro scale.  

Quantum View because the uncertainty principle applies? You can either know where it is or when it will be delivered, but never both, and frequently neither?

Your suggestion--that UPS leaves packages in a warehouse until random chance takes over and they tunnel to another location--would explain a lot about international shipping. Like how infrequently it seems to occur. And the low probability of everything getting where it's supposed to be the first time around.

• Like 2

Welp, my tracking number is working!...ish. UPS isn't giving me a delivery estimate or how much the box weighs, but it is in transit and it just arrived at Memphis TN. Judging by the 'Transit Days' map I should have my Bones by Tuesday.

• Like 2

Gah! Wave 4! I'm wave 3! My rewards are done! AAAHHHHHHHHH! No email yet from ups so it must have been done this morning. I was pretty late in confirming my pledge since I wanted to wait till i had extra money. Now I just need to intercept the package before my wife sees it. She doesn't know DDS2 is in it and she laments not getting it. So she doesn't need to know it's there until the 10th anniversery of our first date in a couple weeks. Then she can know. Just gotta time this with the driver.

• Like 7

Gah! Wave 4! I'm wave 3! My rewards are done! AAAHHHHHHHHH! No email yet from ups so it must have been done this morning. I was pretty late in confirming my pledge since I wanted to wait till i had extra money. Now I just need to intercept the package before my wife sees it. She doesn't know DDS2 is in it and she laments not getting it. So she doesn't need to know it's there until the 10th anniversery of our first date in a couple weeks. Then she can know. Just gotta time this with the driver.

So, basically you need to hijack the USPS truck, because driver timing never works.

• Like 2

So, basically you need to hijack the USPS truck, because driver timing never works.

Since I work at Ups i just need to figure out which driver has my house on his route and tell him to bring the package back to the center. I need that tracking number and I can do that, because you are right the timing will never work even if it should. If it arrives while my wife is home, she'll want to be there when I open it since there are things in there she pledged for.

• Like 2

Since I work at Ups i just need to figure out which driver has my house on his route and tell him to bring the package back to the center. I need that tracking number and I can do that, because you are right the timing will never work even if it should. If it arrives while my wife is home, she'll want to be there when I open it since there are things in there she pledged for.

Make sure she doesn't see the email either or that will be a dead giveaway that DDS2 is included. 

• Like 4