[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Soreena

Gah! Wave 4! I'm wave 3! My rewards are done! AAAHHHHHHHHH! No email yet from ups so it must have been done this morning. I was pretty late in confirming my pledge since I wanted to wait till i had extra money. Now I just need to intercept the package before my wife sees it. She doesn't know DDS2 is in it and she laments not getting it. So she doesn't need to know it's there until the 10th anniversery of our first date in a couple weeks. Then she can know. Just gotta time this with the driver.

So, basically you need to hijack the USPS truck, because driver timing never works.

Since I work at Ups i just need to figure out which driver has my house on his route and tell him to bring the package back to the center. I need that tracking number and I can do that, because you are right the timing will never work even if it should. If it arrives while my wife is home, she'll want to be there when I open it since there are things in there she pledged for.

Make sure she doesn't see the email either or that will be a dead giveaway that DDS2 is included. 

She doesn't read my email fotunately

This is the one time I wish I worked the morning shift rather than the night shift. I could intercept it when it arrives in the center then. Almost wish I had messed up my own address then it would come back and I would see it, but then again I think Reaper gets charged for messed up addresses :unsure: .

• Like 1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah! Wave 4! I'm wave 3! My rewards are done! AAAHHHHHHHHH! No email yet from ups so it must have been done this morning. I was pretty late in confirming my pledge since I wanted to wait till i had extra money. Now I just need to intercept the package before my wife sees it. She doesn't know DDS2 is in it and she laments not getting it. So she doesn't need to know it's there until the 10th anniversery of our first date in a couple weeks. Then she can know. Just gotta time this with the driver.

That isn't very evil... that is very awesome. And adorable. 

Can't you change your ups profile to make it so in coming packages have to be picked up?

You can if you sign up for UPS My Choice program. Which I could not manage to do. Because I am both already enrolled in their program according to my email address when I go to register a new account, but not found in their program according to that same email address being submitted to the "Forgot your password" link.

So I just let them deliver it to my house. But yes... theoretically signing up for the UPS My Choice should allow you to schedule not only the time, but also have it held for pick up. Good luck storming the castle.

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 2

Got a letter today - no official confirmation letter or domestic tracking # - just a blanket "1000+ of you still need to lock in your pledge..." email, which manages to be both annoying and confusing at the same time - but the UPC mail innovations tracking code is showing hand off to the international carrier (Canada Post) yesterday afternoon. This is for ROW Wave 1 - not sure if those shipped out first, or all the ROW didn't just sit on a truck out back of the Reaper warehouse until they were complete.

So, +/- another week for customs, should see them in about 10 business days, with an outside chance of end of the month.  Cool.

Got a letter today - no official confirmation letter or domestic tracking # - just a blanket "1000+ of you still need to lock in your pledge..." email, which manages to be both annoying and confusing at the same time - but the UPC mail innovations tracking code is showing hand off to the international carrier (Canada Post) yesterday afternoon. This is for ROW Wave 1 - not sure if those shipped out first, or all the ROW didn't just sit on a truck out back of the Reaper warehouse until they were complete.

So, +/- another week for customs, should see them in about 10 business days, with an outside chance of end of the month.  Cool.

Yeah, you don't have to worry about it. 

This was a message to ALL backers because there are 1000+ who haven't locked in pledges despite Reaper's best efforts via their website, numerous updates, emails, Facebook posts, Twitter feed, AND forums to get people to lock in their dang pledges.

I don't find this annoying in the least bit with regards to Reaper. I am, on the other hand, annoyed with the people who haven't locked in their pledges and making Reaper's job harder to do since Reaper is awesome and I know these people will inevitably complain about not getting their pledges and blame it on Reaper for messing up when it was their own faults.

• Like 3

Can't you change your ups profile to make it so in coming packages have to be picked up?

Yeah but mix ups happen and all so it's just easier for me to just talk to the driver since I'll see him anyway.

That isn't very evil... that is very awesome. And adorable. 

If I've learned anything in my life, it's never be evil to your wife. Unless it's adorable evil, which I can do.

Also, you should totally present DDS2 to her fully painted.

I don't think I'd have that done by the beginning of March and I have no where to paint it in secret, and she would want to paint it.

• Like 7

This was a message to ALL backers because there are 1000+ who haven't locked in pledges despite Reaper's best efforts via their website, numerous updates, emails, Facebook posts, Twitter feed, AND forums to get people to lock in their dang pledges.

I don't find this annoying in the least bit with regards to Reaper. I am, on the other hand, annoyed with the people who haven't locked in their pledges and making Reaper's job harder to do since Reaper is awesome and I know these people will inevitably complain about not getting their pledges and blame it on Reaper for messing up when it was their own faults.

I was among that group, sadly. When I got my first mail about the pledge manager, I went in immediately, looked things over, debated adding more. After a few more times going in there (I have it bookmarked) I decided not to add more, and seeing that the balance was $0.00, did nothing more. This is normally the case with most KS projects, if you don't need to change anything or add more payment, your default info is used. For Bones I there were add ons I wanted and I upped my items, so I never had this issue, but with this one, I didn't.

There really should have been a "You must check out even if you have a zero balance" notice on the page, to make sure everyone hit it. Having a button to check out a zero balance isn't intuitive, and I'm guessing that's why this number is so high. Many folks tend to do a set it and forget it with KS projects, esp when they take a long time. What sucks for me is I've been following this close since the last crate came in, blissfully unaware that button was needed (and wondering why I hadn't seen a shipping mail from my wave 2 order). I had even been into the pledge manager several times in the last two weeks, it just doesn't make it clear enough with the zero balance that more is expected.

I suppose now this means my shipping gets bumped to the end :/ 

If you have notice that your package shipped, then you are definitely locked in, and that message can be safely ignored. It was a blanket message to all backers sent in an effort to reach the 1,000 Strays who have not locked in. We have tried 4 times over the previous 14 months to e-mail these people individually, but e-mail is an imprecise communication - messages get lost, deleted, flagged as spam, or ignored because they appear to be junk or end up in a "dead" email folder or account.  You'll also note if you go back over the previous several Updates we pushed very hard for people to Lock In.

So I'm sorry if it was annoying or confusing. We really really need these Strays to complete the process so we can send them their rewards. The alternative is that eventually they will call or email us, very angry, saying horrible things about how we tried to scam them or keep their money or cheat them or some such, and we really do want this process to be as pleasant as possible for everyone - which means delivering as fast as possible to everybody.

I recall at one time saying that if I told you how many people had not yet locked in, nobody would believe me.

I was among that group, sadly. When I got my first mail about the pledge manager, I went in immediately, looked things over, debated adding more. After a few more times going in there (I have it bookmarked) I decided not to add more, and seeing that the balance was $0.00, did nothing more. This is normally the case with most KS projects, if you don't need to change anything or add more payment, your default info is used. For Bones I there were add ons I wanted and I upped my items, so I never had this issue, but with this one, I didn't.

There really should have been a "You must check out even if you have a zero balance" notice on the page, to make sure everyone hit it. Having a button to check out a zero balance isn't intuitive, and I'm guessing that's why this number is so high. Many folks tend to do a set it and forget it with KS projects, esp when they take a long time. What sucks for me is I've been following this close since the last crate came in, blissfully unaware that button was needed (and wondering why I hadn't seen a shipping mail from my wave 2 order). I had even been into the pledge manager several times in the last two weeks, it just doesn't make it clear enough with the zero balance that more is expected.

I suppose now this means my shipping gets bumped to the end :/ 

Depends. If your Wave is already "done" then you'll go out Today.

And as for the "Balance Zero": this is why in Update #108 we showed screenshots of what an incomplete Pledge and a Complete Pledge looked like. SO people don't need to wonder. The two screens are very different.

random city name for today: Fuquay Varina, NC

could have been Whynot, NC or Lizard Lick, NC or Conetoe, NC (pronounced caneetah) or Spivey's Corner, NC or Winnabow, NC or Middlesex, NC or...

I'm sure we Aussies have you beat on weird place names...

Tumbarumba, Deniliquin,Tangambalanga, Yackandandah, Ulladulla, Dee Why, Plumpton, Kincumber, Cocklebiddy...

You've not seen some Welsh town names then have you Llanfairfechan, Llanfyllin, Llangefni, Llangollen, Llanidloes, Llanrwst.Porthcawl, Porthmadog, Prestatyn, Presteigne, Pwllheli and to top it all

Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

I'm pretty sure every country has some names that make you raise an eyebrow.

In Canada, we have:

- Swastika, ON

- Vulcan, AB

- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, AB

- Blow me down, NL

- Dildo, NL

- Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, QC (yes, the exclamation points are part of the name)

- Lower Economy, NS

Proudly Canadian! (probably drunk too)

-Gingolx BC

-Gitwinksihlkw BC,

-Stoner BC

Should I be worried that my UPSMI tracking number still only says my package was received? Is this just cause they have handed it off to someone else? If it has been sitting there all week doing nothing that sucks.