[MERGED] Bones II Shipping Excitement/Wave

Soreena

Jut got my package.  

Only two mistakes:

No Cadirith.

No Second DDS.

Well, technically that wasn't so much Reaper's fault as mine for not actually ordering those things.  But still, is a little mind reading and/or time travel too much to ask?

Haven't looked closely at everything yet but, damn, Dragons Don't Share is a fine, fine bit of kit.  Also everything seems stiffer and a lot closer to hard plastic than Bones I.

Bring on Bones III!!!!

See, the problem is they did read your mind.  They even got your login for your bank account.

But because they're honest people, they didn't just take the money from you so they couldn't give you the Cadirith or second DDS.

• Like 4

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think UPS is easily confused.  I didn't originally get an email from UPS, but I got a tracking number from Reaper.  That tracking number started working after about 24 hours, but wouldn't give an estimated delivery date.  Another day later Reaper re-sent all their emails and I got an email from UPS.  Stating that my delivery date would be a week from then, but that they would deliver it "early" by one day.  That happens to be the exact same delivery date as Matrissa's box, also going to my house, but which was shipped out a day later. 

Or in other words, I never believe an estimated delivery date from UPS until they say it's out on their truck for delivery.  At which point they will sometimes still fail to deliver until the next day.  <_<

• Like 2

araziel: Same Situation here. I was RoW, Wave 1 - and the shipping Information says "shipped 02-20-2015"?

On the other hand, the UPS tracker says that my package was in Bensenville 02-18-2015 ... and it already is in Germany (since 02-19 ... one day? that would be very, very fast)  ... so it must have shipped with Wave 1.

Well, almost, except mine is apparently still hanging around Bensenville as of yesterday afternoon. If it hits Norway tomorrow I'd be very impressed.

• Like 1

araziel: Same Situation here. I was RoW, Wave 1 - and the shipping Information says "shipped 02-20-2015"?

On the other hand, the UPS tracker says that my package was in Bensenville 02-18-2015 ... and it already is in Germany (since 02-19 ... one day? that would be very, very fast)  ... so it must have shipped with Wave 1.

Well, almost, except mine is apparently still hanging around Bensenville as of yesterday afternoon. If it hits Norway tomorrow I'd be very impressed.

Yeah mine is also still reading Bensenville. It appears their tracker leaves a lot to be desired cause it seems like it just teleports between places, it sticks at one place until it checks in at another, with no "in transit to Toronto" or w/e... just Bensenville, Bensenville, Bensenville, GERMANY!

• Like 1

Jut got my package.

Only two mistakes:

No Cadirith.

No Second DDS.

Well, technically that wasn't so much Reaper's fault as mine for not actually ordering those things. But still, is a little mind reading and/or time travel too much to ask?

Haven't looked closely at everything yet but, damn, Dragons Don't Share is a fine, fine bit of kit. Also everything seems stiffer and a lot closer to hard plastic than Bones I.

Bring on Bones III!!!!

I would have loved to get a Cadirith, but it would have gotten stomped every time it wandered out of my room since my step-mother is deathly afraid of spiders. She wouldn't have stopped to even check if it was plastic.

• Like 1

Got my reaper mails, and got 2 with 2 different ups tracking numbers.... Does anybody here know if the declaration value is the same on both or if they are connected paperwise to be like 1 package (for declaration purposes) ? ROW Wave 1 sweden here!! And so happy that the godness is on its way!! JAAAY

I don't think that has been asked (or answered) before.  43+ lbs combined to Sweden! I thought my shipping cost a lot.... :blink:

36 lbs in our package to Denmark. Shipping was $195.18...

• Like 2

Wut, just got UPS mail which says I shipped the 19th..

And my pledge manager just lost the "shipped" bit.

What happen.

Edit: And now a mail from Reaper: Your shipment was postmarked on 02-20-2015 and is being shipped UPS Priority Mail Innovations.

Is this all just bad info? Hope so.

The date on your e-mail from us may be incorrect. We were having database goblins causing some bad parsing of data. Your package was shipped when the UPS message says, and our system had a few Buglips in the code.

For those still seeing Bensenville and their respective countries practically at the same time, you'll note that Bensenville IL is right next to O'Hare International Airport (i.e. Chicago).

Sounds like as soon as UPS delivered the goods to international carriers, it was treated as being in the other countries, even if they haven't left the ground.

Does this mean Canadian orders are travelling by air? Seems wasteful.

Quicker yes (with reserve), but wasteful.

Wut, just got UPS mail which says I shipped the 19th..

And my pledge manager just lost the "shipped" bit.

What happen.

Edit: And now a mail from Reaper: Your shipment was postmarked on 02-20-2015 and is being shipped UPS Priority Mail Innovations.

Is this all just bad info? Hope so.

The date on your e-mail from us may be incorrect. We were having database goblins causing some bad parsing of data. Your package was shipped when the UPS message says, and our system had a few Buglips in the code.

BUUUUUGLIIIIIPS! *Kirk khan-style*

Well as long as they get here I guess I'm fine. Gives me a week to calm tensions after receiving Cthulhu Wars yesterday.

• Like 3

For those still seeing Bensenville and their respective countries practically at the same time, you'll note that Bensenville IL is right next to O'Hare International Airport (i.e. Chicago).

Sounds like as soon as UPS delivered the goods to international carriers, it was treated as being in the other countries, even if they haven't left the ground.

Does this mean Canadian orders are travelling by air? Seems wasteful.

Quicker yes (with reserve), but wasteful.

Yes, that's pretty much what I thought.  It took a day for my Bones to cross the Atlantic and they are now in "London" which means *that warehouse* where Royal mail processes international parcels as they go through customs.  Mine arrived at lunch time yesterday which means I'm expecting a snail mail letter early next week telling me to go to the website to pay my fees and VAT.  Hopefully I will have my Bones by Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

Hm ... no my tracker says "not available" ... ;)

My says the same.

First it was sitting in some city (probably Bensenville)

Than Brazil (probably delivered to USPS)

Now "not available"

Will we receive the USPS new tracking code? I know this UPS tracking code don´t work here in Brazil post office. Someone ROW who ever got a package first passing through UPS know about this?

• Like 1

Oh and because of the aforementioned code goblins we have temporarily removed the tracking numbers from the invoices again. We expect to have them back by end of day when we post what is likely to be the penultimate Update.

In tonight update you can expect:

A status update (#shipped to date, Wave completion status)

The news about how to find your tracking on the invoice page (assuming we have restored that by then)

A final plea to the 1,000 Strays to lock in with screenshots and detailed instruction on how to lock in and how to tell if you have already done so and can therefore may safely ignore this part of the update. For those now flustered by the constant reminders to lock in, rest assured this is the last time we will do so.