Crowley

What will be your first painted Bones II mini?

I washed most of the single part minis, so I had a big tub. After sorting some of them down, Mr. Bones II jumped into my hands- so he was the first one to get painted.

I have plans for my pathfinder villains next. I got two sets (and have a metal one of the knights), so I will have a little troop to throw at my group.

• Like 1

Probably the two Hell Knights - I've already got them in metal, so I'm curious to see the difference, and I don't think that they'll take long.  After that, likely the hill giants so that I can practice painting flesh on something larger-sized.

After that, I'll probably move on to the skeletons or some of the other groups of critters that'll have similar colour schemes in hopes of making a decent initial dent in the pile.

Khanjira & Mashaaf will be last on the list.  I want a lot of practice before I potentially ruin those two beauties.

• Like 2

After that, I'll probably move on to the skeletons or some of the other groups of critters that'll have similar colour schemes in hopes of making a decent initial dent in the pile.

That's what I did, the nine skeletons, Mr. Bones, one of the barrow wardens, the bone horror (or whatever that thing is called) from the Deadlands group, and the demi-lich....

I got my shipment yesterday but only had a few minutes to look them over.  The presentation box for Dragons Don't Share 2 is fantastic!  It will really catch people's eyes on a store shelf.

I think that I will be painting the IMEF soldiers first.  The reason is that we need them for our games at ReaperCon.

Overall, I am really impressed with the models.  Some of the smaller guys don't seem to have as crisp detail but it could just be that it is hard to see without some paint for contrast.  The large figures look AMAZING!

Well done Reaper and thank you for getting them to me so quickly.

• Like 2

Now that I have my tracking email I can let myself get excited again.

Khanjira is going to be my first painted project. Already got a color scheme in mind. I just have to make sure the airbrush is ready and do some color tests.

Dragons Don't Share 2.  Specifically: the terrain.  I've painted up the ruined tower and the rubble, and snipped off the slots on the dragon's feet, so the ruins are all stand alone pieces.  The dragon will get a clear acrylic base to live on; his pose is excellent, as if he's just leaping into the air.  The terrain will get much use in Kings of War, possibly Dungeon Saga, and possibly even the upcoming not-Mordheim game Frostgrave.  I'm nuts for terrain goodies.  The only sets I got multiples of were the dungeon dressing sets.

Edited by Pancakeonions
  • Like 3

Probably the Scottish warrior woman from the "Thank You" set.

My eldest has been playing a Scottish warrior woman with a faerie background in a modern campaign, and we had found nothing suitable in the miniatures line until this figure. We've been using a stand-in for ages.

Hooray for this figure!

• Like 6

So, I think my next Bones 2 paint will be Cinder...the Blue...

I said Chimera first..but I needed the minotaurs for our game...then, I grabbed up the skeleton crew..then I saw the Highlander girl and wanted to paint, then my niece needed a new figure for Pathfinder and one of the gnolls looked so inviting. Is this normal?

• Like 2

I said Chimera first..but I needed the minotaurs for our game...then, I grabbed up the skeleton crew..then I saw the Highlander girl and wanted to paint, then my niece needed a new figure for Pathfinder and one of the gnolls looked so inviting. Is this normal?

Yup....

On my desk right now, in various stages of completion, are the Dracolisk, the Chimera, the brass bull, the DDS2 dragon, and Cinder the dragon XD

• Like 2

Thank goodness..I thought I was developing adult ADHD.

haha, not at all. That's not even including a paper plate full of Bones 1 minis and a few more Bones 2 humanoids i need to get aroudn to finishing too....all in all i've probably got 15-20ish minis sitting around. It is very hard for me to work on one mini alone, i like to bounce around

• Like 2