What will be your first painted Bones II mini?

Crowley

I got home, and I opened them this evening...I wanted to go for Khanjira first, but there are so many amazing minis in this set; I...just don't know!  I'm half-thinking of blasting through all of my demons; those will actually come in useful for a campaign I'm putting together, but then the Kraken is awesome, and DDS2 is, well, epic...damn, this is not going to be an easy choice.

• Like 4

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually decided to do a Bugbear. Not because I don't want to paint anything else, but really because I've painted relatively few figures and I rather do one where I had several more on hand than one that I'll only have 1 or 2 of.

I think my next on is the little brain dude. Some friends and I have speculated on the odds of meeting an Intellect Devourer in 5e, and one of these friends actually wrote a site that calculated said odds.

• Like 4

And the answer out of the box is....

The barbarian frogs, and it's all Froggy the Great's fault. One of the items I got from the first box of joy was a set of three frogs in wet suits with big guns. they've been sitting on my desk for weeks waiting for a mission. Then I'm going through the bones II box and I see three "native" frogs. I also see a scifi'ish portal on my shelf of shame and the idea is born: protect the portal from the barbarians at the gate.

The oytugh/filth beast is also on the short list

• Like 4

Then I'm going through the bones II box and I see three "native" frogs. I also see a scifi'ish portal on my shelf of shame and the idea is born: protect the portal from the barbarians at the gate.

If things go according to plan (which happens when...?), more frogs will be in the first order I put in after the Bones II figures are added to the retail line. I like your idea a lot; it would also be a good excuse to use any other random Chronoscope figures as gate travellers.

My frogs are dedicated to a similar idea: they are the opponents of the descedents of Atlantis in a lost valley somehwere, and will also involve the various pulp figures. I'm still debating over the actual Atlanteans.

• Like 3

DDS 2 will be mine.  Y'know... to ease into it. 

You can get it done in under a week, right? I mean, Kally was just a practice piece I assume.

The humanoid figures worry me.  It's not just speed, it has to look half decent.  I could lose a lot of time there. 

Are you seriously going to attempt DDS2 in a week??

If he does I want real proof. Like the completely naked bones of DDS2 sitting on a newspaper with the date visible kind of proof. Kally in a week was epic but I think DDS2 would be just plain impossible.

This is a good idea.  I will do this. 

• Like 7