Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Presenting Jelsen the Vampire Hunter from Games Workshops Warhammer Quest:- Cursed City board game.
Pretty pleased with this one, I was worried about how to paint certain areas (Like his little tucked away face), but I think he ended up looking decent.
As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
Hello all you Reaperloogans!
So this one I finished a few nights ago is Valania the Sorceress. I'm not sure who sculpted her, but I really did enjoy painting her. She's one of the newer Partha figures, I think after they became Iron Wind, and she's got a tab base, not an integrated base. She's also a bit larger, not the 25 mm of old. She's actually around the size of a Reaper figure.
So for her skin I tried something a little different, I started out with Blushing Rose, because I wanted to have her be a little ruddy and pinkish.
Hopefully she turned out okay!
Good evening Reaperhoochagans!
So I've already done a set of these, but was asked to do another one with another different color scheme, so here is round two of the Tom Meier Thunderbolt Mountain fairies:
and here they are together:
This time I was asked to do some different and darker skin tones, so did some tones using Dusky Skin, Terran Khaki, Redstone, Dark Skin Highlights
So anyhoos, hope you all enjoy!
EDIT: adding a link to the original set of fairies:
Just picking up on all the posts I've missed over the last few months.
Turns out squigs are not just funny looking, they are funny to paint. I loved these models and really found they took amazing to dry brushing. I was testing colors and layers.
* dry brush was excellent. Used some cheapo makeup brushes and they did great.
* i used a purple glaze over orange and then built it up with orange further. Looked good.
* blue came out great, but i don't know what layers to use on it to give contrast like the purple orange one.
*teeth are all solid and look good.
*skin folds are natural looking and added freckles on some are much better than expected.
* the yellow one was testing out transparent paints and it went on like a dream.
*not too many complaints really. These all came out more or less as expected.
* challenged by how low they are to the base and getting them with ground effects.
*never painted mushrooms and wasn't sure how to go about it.
Not my absolute best work, but at this stage I'm just trying to get things painted and table-worthy rather than shooting for showpieces. Since I sort of half-assed (maybe 2/3-assed) this one, I've broken up the mental constipation that was keeping me from painting and now I'm happily back at the desk and perfectly glad to announce that good enough is good enough.
I'm hardly the first person to view this "demonic lasher" / demogorgon as a sort of Barlgura-plus, so I used the same colors (reaper highlight orange, twilight blue) on the face as I do for my orange monster monkeys. Torso is the cool greens triad, chest is the undead flesh triad. Base is craft paint along with scattered broken bits from the foolish heroes who tried to stand in this fiend's way.